Rams 2023 coaching changes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah I was fairly pissed off after that game.
That was What cost The Rams the season. Tom Brady would not have made the playoffs.
Hindsight was it was The Best thing for The Rams in the future.

The question is how many teams has Tom Brady done that to over the years? LMFAO-

280 yards to THE GOAT & 1 TD!! Morris’s is so HORRIBLE!! O M G

His last game against Dallas he threw for 351 & 2TD’s

Tano

Legend
That was What cost The Rams the season. Tom Brady would not have made the playoffs.
Hindsight was it was The Best thing for The Rams in the future.

The question is how many teams has Tom Brady done that to over the years? LMFAO-

280 yards to THE GOAT & 1 TD!! Morris’s is so HORRIBLE!! O M G

His last game against Dallas he threw for 351 & 2TD’s
If you saw my posts after that game, I stated many many many times that we had Tom Brady foiled in the first 3 quarters with a somewhat aggressive defense. Morris did NOT "continually" play a soft zone defense in that game for the first 3 quarters. He was actually fairly aggressive on 3rd down and less than 5 which he did NOT do at all in the other games. And his first 2 downs he would more often than not play aggressively. Rams played their best defense all year in the first 3 quarters (if you discount the Denver game because Wilson played right into our soft zone defense hands that game and the Carolina game because they had a 4th string QB playing who was pure shit in that game).

Then in the 4th quarter, he went solely to a soft zone defense and Brady drove down the field 3 straight times. If not for a lucky drop in the end zone on the second drive, TB would have easily gotten a lead and he wouldn't have had to go down the field on the last drive.

And then Morris went SUPER CONSERVATIVE on the last drive and Brady just took advantage of it.

Again - stop with the fricken stats and go look at game flow.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes it makes me sour because I do NOT go by stats. I go by game flow and the Cardinals and Saints went up and down the field with ease until they got inside the 20. I have already said many many many times that I like his inside the 20 defense. But giving up easy FGs or Field position inside the 25 every single time with our shitty offense is just asking the other team to win with a low scoring game. With our offense, we needed to be aggressive by playing our CBs closer to the line of scrimmage (especially on 3rd and short) and going for turnovers and sacks. By playing off the line of scrimmage like that made our ALL TIME GREAT Donald be a JAG.

I can't say this enough. 2.38 seconds to get a pass off when the next closest team was .5 seconds longer is just terrible.

And I do not have as high an upside as Kendrick as you do.

He is just a so so CB and should be at best a slot CB

SUPER BOWL BABY!! That’s all the STATS I NEED.

Sean bay talked about The Rams core is AD99 , Stafford,Kupp

ALL 3 did not play in the LAST 8 GAMES 2022!! Yeah ok Morris.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If you saw my posts after that game, I stated many many many times that we had Tom Brady foiled in the first 3 quarters with a somewhat aggressive defense. Morris did NOT "continually" play a soft zone defense in that game for the first 3 quarters. He was actually fairly aggressive on 3rd down and less than 5 which he did NOT do at all in the other games. And his first 2 downs he would more often than not play aggressively. Rams played their best defense all year in the first 3 quarters (if you discount the Denver game because Wilson played right into our soft zone defense hands that game and the Carolina game because they had a 4th string QB playing who was pure shit in that game).

Then in the 4th quarter, he went solely to a soft zone defense and Brady drove down the field 3 straight times. If not for a lucky drop in the end zone on the second drive, TB would have easily gotten a lead and he wouldn't have had to go down the field on the last drive.

And then Morris went SUPER CONSERVATIVE on the last drive and Brady just took advantage of it.

Again - stop with the fricken stats and go look at game flow.
The flow was TAKE BOBBY EVAN out of The Game.

You look at Cooper Kupp & Mathew Stafford getting INJURED. I blame BOBBY EVANS just for the game flow he put the team in.

This is a Coaching thread on New Coaching Staff. This should go into another thread.

I guess that was what UPSET ME ABOUT THE RAHEEM MORRIS haters.

I look forward to this knee Coaching Staff. As Ram43 want to start his theory on how LAKE was going to change The Defense because some how Morris is a friend of SEAN MCVAY
Is a FREAKING JOKE!! If you want to defend your stance about Morris .

I BELIEVE The Rams will change a lot of there DEFENSES set. I mean look at The Player Turnover on Defense 2023 that will happen. Don’t want to get pulled into The NEGATIVE!!

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Look forward to Joe Coniglio taking over for THAD!!

Saw drills last season & Hollins almost separated his shoulder.Was concerning. Could see Chris Garrett didn’t have the heart of passion to be successful in The NFL. Floyd didn’t look like he hit the weights like 2021.T. Lewis never showed up in practice(made plays)

He should bring a INSPIRING VOICE to The Defense.

If we are talking Ram Personnel?
I can see The Rams going to a lot of 4-3 sets.

Tano

Legend
The flow was TAKE BOBBY EVAN out of The Game.

You look at Cooper Kupp & Mathew Stafford getting INJURED. I blame BOBBY EVANS just for the game flow he put the team in.

This is a Coaching thread on New Coaching Staff. This should go into another thread.

I guess that was what UPSET ME ABOUT THE RAHEEM MORRIS haters.

I look forward to this knee Coaching Staff. As Ram43 want to start his theory on how LAKE was going to change The Defense because some how Morris is a friend of SEAN MCVAY
Is a FREAKING JOKE!! If you want to defend your stance about Morris .

I BELIEVE The Rams will change a lot of there DEFENSES set. I mean look at The Player Turnover on Defense 2023 that will happen. Don’t want to get pulled into The NEGATIVE!!
I agree it should go into another thread but you brought up the haters and I was defending myself why I disagree with Morris defense

Tano

Legend
SUPER BOWL BABY!! That’s all the STATS I NEED.

Sean bay talked about The Rams core is AD99 , Stafford,Kupp

ALL 3 did not play in the LAST 8 GAMES 2022!! Yeah ok Morris.
Morris was very good in the playoffs. I give all the credit to him for the playoffs.

But in the playoffs he was much more aggressive.

I went into this year hoping against hope that he had learned his lesson and then he made his stats are for losers comment and knew he was going to go back to his soft zone shit during the season. And with our offense handicapped as it was, that is why we couldn't even remotely have a winning season.

A bad offense with a soft zone defense results in low scoring games where the defense doesn't help our shitty offense.

Go back and look at how many times our shitty offense started from the 25 yard line or prior. It's almost every series in every game. No help by the defense.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We now know that Jimmy Lake is Assistant Head Coach and Raheem Morris is retained as DC. Doesn’t that make Lake higher in the chain of command?
No it doesn't. I really am sounding like a broken record here but listen to McVay's presser from this week. He addresses all these coaches and goes into detail on Lake.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Now that Ram coaching hires are official, I have a theory.

We now know that Jimmy Lake is Assistant Head Coach and Raheem Morris is retained as DC. Doesn’t that make Lake higher in the chain of command?

We know that Morris is a close friend of McVay.

We know that Morris ran a very polarizing ‘ultra soft zone’ more last year than any other D.

We know that 9 former Ram asst coaches have been hired to replace many of last year versions.

We know that only one former Ram assistant was promoted (Brown), that all others were simply offloaded in one way or another. Presumably because they just weren’t considered good enough?

We know that Jourdan alluded to one of McVay’s ‘22 frustrations was with asst coaches that he was forced to rush in the hiring process. Didn’t give him proper feedback and didn’t get good results.

We know that both Pleasant and Lake naturally favor a more aggressive type of pass D in their respective pasts.

Sooooo…

Would it be so far fetched to suggest that McVay wanted to tighten up his pass D strategy on D this year but without embarrassing his friend Raheem? And that hiring new blood for coaching his secondary might give Raheem a ‘nudge’ that would be more subtle (and face-saving) than some other possibilities that might prove a Raheem embarrassment and be far more public? Such as a ‘pretend new job title’ while giving another the real job of DC? Or an outright demotion or even termination?

I submit that at the very least we will see Lake/Pleasant ‘helping’ Morris transition to a less extreme soft zone D this year.

Now, the Rams no doubt know that they need to address TWO holes at edge, 1 or 2 holes on DL, and possibly TWO holes at CB plus at least one hole at S if Scott leaves. This is true even if my theory about Lake/Morris/Pleasant is way off. Whew!

Potentially lots of moving parts at work here.

Thoughts?

I hope you are right. Maybe in time Lake or Pleasant become DC and Morris becomes assistant head coach or finally lands a HC job. The soft zone was so annoying last season. AD could possibly have two more DPOY awards if not for this scheme.

I have stated many reasons why I dislike Morris defense is because we allow opponents long drives against below average QBs who take advantage of the soft zone.

The two games that really soured me on Morris last year was against the Saints (Dalton) and Cardinals (McCoy). Those two teams were very poor on offense and yet they drove up and down the field all game against us.
Cooper Rush too

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It means the polar opposite
Assistant head coach is a puff piece title, it holds little weight. He might be higher on the chain of command in regards to being asked to get McVay a cup of coffee than Morris, but thats about it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Morris was very good in the playoffs. I give all the credit to him for the playoffs.

But in the playoffs he was much more aggressive.

I went into this year hoping against hope that he had learned his lesson and then he made his stats are for losers comment and knew he was going to go back to his soft zone shit during the season. And with our offense handicapped as it was, that is why we couldn't even remotely have a winning season.

A bad offense with a soft zone defense results in low scoring games where the defense doesn't help our shitty offense.

Go back and look at how many times our shitty offense started from the 25 yard line or prior. It's almost every series in every game. No help by the defense.
Actually I could give a chit about
THIS 4 all the Morris HATERS can lick chocolate balls.

Looking forward to 2023. There is a thread ranting about him.If you’re talking about The 2023 season then that’s another or a NEW STORY!!! What is this extra credit?
Aubrey Pleasant was with The Rams.He was considered HC quality.He went to DETROIT because of experience & FAMALIY . He was working on his CLEAN WATER for everyone.
He worked with Mcvay in Washington and he is another friend of Mcvay’s.Mcvay talks about him knowing both sides of the ball. Going to be that pass game coordinator.If you’re looking for more man type defense.I wonder.(don’t know what you know about him) When he was with The Rams I LOVED his coaching style.Thought he was the better DB coach. E.Evero just got another DC job since coaching under 1 season under Morris. This will be Aubrey’s first with the 2 as Rams.
I find it interesting that Chris Beake took Chris Shula’s spot.Seems like an interesting switch.Is that Mcvay just challenging his coaches & giving them different experiences?
Beake came from Denver,Evero took over as DC there & now he is basically where Evero was as a Rams coach for 5 seasons before that.

—The coaching carousel.
Interesting IMO

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I hope you are right. Maybe in time Lake or Pleasant become DC and Morris becomes assistant head coach or finally lands a HC job. The soft zone was so annoying last season. AD could possibly have two more DPOY awards if not for this scheme.

Cooper Rush too

LMAO at this — Where is Raheem Morris going to be a HC next season. Can’t help myself from The HATERS.
Since this is a NEW coaching thread 2023, I just say Lake was basically hired BECAUSE of Morris’s relationship with him.
—Now my hope was the same as Ram43 that The Rams did things opposite.I just don’t see it that way now.
—-Reason is THE RAMS D-Coaching Staff is Awesome!!
Sean Mcvay said after talking about the coaching in his interview. LET’S GO
if that doesn’t get you Fired Up Ram Fans!! Sean Mcvay-quote

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It means the polar opposite
Assistant head coach is a puff piece title, it holds little weight. He might be higher on the chain of command in regards to being asked to get McVay a cup of coffee than Morris, but thats about it.
Not sure about that, I used to think that too, however, IMO, McVay will be leaning on Lake while also putting Jimmy in areas where issues arise. Last season, good example, where McVay moved Thomas Brown back to the RB room ,where issues rose.

All in All adding Lake is a plus IMHO and I look at Raheem Morris differently then others as his defense is predicated on putting pressure on the QB. My biggest issue with the defense last year was how Kendrick was giving playing time over other CB's that were better cover guys IMO. Hopefully with the addition of Pleasant and I'm sure Lake is going to be involved in the Secondary along with Chris Beake as the Rams will be breaking in younger players because it appears Ramsey will be not be donning horns in 2023.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure about that, I used to think that too, however, IMO, McVay will be leaning on Lake while also putting Jimmy in areas where issues arise. Last season, good example, where McVay moved Thomas Brown back to the RB room ,where issues rose.

All in All adding Lake is a plus IMHO and I look at Raheem Morris differently then others as his defense is predicated on putting pressure on the QB. My biggest issue with the defense last year was how Kendrick was giving playing time over other CB's that were better cover guys IMO. Hopefully with the addition of Pleasant and I'm sure Lake is going to be involved in the Secondary along with Chris Beake as the Rams will be breaking in younger players because it appears Ramsey will be not be donning horns in 2023.
McVay has said Jimmy isn't on the defensive staff he's assistant to Sean. He'll be used on both sides of the ball.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
McVay has said Jimmy isn't on the defensive staff he's assistant to Sean. He'll be used on both sides of the ball.
I listened to that too and last year I'm sure he would have said Thomas is focusing on the TE room and working both sides of the ball being Assistant HC, however, that changed quickly & Brown was back coaching the RB's.

Overall Lake will have opportunities to be involved in presentations to the team as McVay stipulated, but again I'm sure if an area is lacking, where Lake's experience can be an asset, he'll be in that room more often then not.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I listened to that too and last year I'm sure he would have said Thomas is focusing on the TE room and working both sides of the ball being Assistant HC, however, that changed quickly & Brown was back coaching the RB's.

Overall Lake will have opportunities to be involved in presentations to the team as McVay stipulated, but again I'm sure if an area is lacking, where Lake's experience can be an asset, he'll be in that room more often then not.
That's exactly what he said Lake would be doing. On both sides of the ball.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Brown was a position coach with the additional title of "AHC", as a means of McVay developing him (and probably a way for Kroenke to pay him extra $$)
Different situation altogether although the meaningless-ness of the AHC title is the same. He surely held no higher pecking order in coaching staff, he worked under the OC

Tano

Legend

Cooper Rush too
Yeah I was going to include him too but got too tired to write anymore

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Actually I could give a chit about
THIS 4 all the Morris HATERS can lick chocolate balls.

Looking forward to 2023. There is a thread ranting about him.If you’re talking about The 2023 season then that’s another or a NEW STORY!!! What is this extra credit?
Aubrey Pleasant was with The Rams.He was considered HC quality.He went to DETROIT because of experience & FAMALIY . He was working on his CLEAN WATER for everyone.
He worked with Mcvay in Washington and he is another friend of Mcvay’s.Mcvay talks about him knowing both sides of the ball. Going to be that pass game coordinator.If you’re looking for more man type defense.I wonder.(don’t know what you know about him) When he was with The Rams I LOVED his coaching style.Thought he was the better DB coach. E.Evero just got another DC job since coaching under 1 season under Morris. This will be Aubrey’s first with the 2 as Rams.
I find it interesting that Chris Beake took Chris Shula’s spot.Seems like an interesting switch.Is that Mcvay just challenging his coaches & giving them different experiences?
Beake came from Denver,Evero took over as DC there & now he is basically where Evero was as a Rams coach for 5 seasons before that.

—The coaching carousel.
Interesting IMO
Morris lovers can suck my balls then (just kidding if I'll be banned).

When you have damn near EVERY talking head, former players and announcer talking about how piss poor your scheme is and how bad it is playing so far back and soft in coverage. You need to change it or just be done.