OFFICIAL Rams 2022 NFL draft visits

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I like Taylor Rapp more than most here but I could see him getting traded.

Just do not see a role for Rapp in 2022. Fuller and Scott would seem to be ahead of him as starters. Burgess is still around. Rapp's best spot seems to be closer to the line, in a Nickel-LB-role but the Rams have Jones and Wagner, with Howard in reserve.

Should the Rams sign Mathieu (possible), then Rapp would not even be a top back-up-safety. Finally, Rapp is a free agent after this season; and the Rams do not re-sign many of their free agent safeties.

Just hope they don't dump him for a 2024 sixth round pick where the Rams give-back a 7th rounder.
I will say one thing PFF thinks highly of him. Whenever I try to trade him in their mock simulator, they take a 3,4,5 for him. So I just settle for 4 & 6 or a late 3 or early 4 to make it realistic.

I can't imagine he fetches more than a pick in the 100-120 range since its his last yr. His contract is cheap though. So maybe a playoff contender that needs Safety help might take him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I will say one thing PFF thinks highly of him. Whenever I try to trade him in their mock simulator, they take a 3,4,5 for him. So I just settle for 4 & 6 or a late 3 or early 4 to make it realistic.

I can't imagine he fetches more than a pick in the 100-120 range since its his last yr. His contract is cheap though. So maybe a playoff contender that needs Safety help might take him.
The Rams lost two depth safeties in the offseason and the guy who started the Super Bowl is gone as well.
They're not moving Rapp, unless they get Honeybadger.. then, it becomes a possibility.
But they'll still need more bodies at the position.

You never know, but it doesn't seem particularly likely.. but it could bring in a little draft capital.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Why are we trading Rapp? He's one of the few safeties with any kind of experience. I know people dislike him a whole lot more than he deserves but I don't get this fascination with trading people all the time.

Wasn't it you who posted that tweet of Jourdan Rodrigue suggesting the Rams were interested in increasing the number of draft picks ? The Rams have a few emerging young Safeties in Scott, Burgess, Fuller, and if Mathieu is still in free agency contention, then why not move Rapp for a draft pick at a more strategic position of necessity ? Rapp is entering his final season before becoming a free agent and has a CAP cost of just under $3.M, money which might be applied towards Mathieu. With the new changes at ILB, Rapp may be looking at a reduction of 'nickel' snaps anyway, and he's likely one of the few trade options which might garner a decent return.
jmo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Or a much more likely and logical answer is they're interested in a TE who's versatile and can help in many facets of the game including blocking. Which jives with what McVay and Snead have said and meshes with the players they've added at that position. Instead of this mythical unicorn FB being added we can simply look at what our coach and front office have a history of and find the simple answer.

History tells us Gerald Everett was playing an H-back & TE position.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Guys they probably don't need to visit with due to having their OC there at Kentucky last year:

(Round 3ish) This is my kind of defensive front player look at the strength in his punch and the dude can actually shed blockers. Relentless player snap to snap, not the greatest natural rusher but the Rams might value his versatility and strength for winning in this division.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvFfbUkZlFg&ab_channel=DanielHager

(Round 3ish) Big 79 is lined up at center, don't think the Rams aren't droolin at that second level blocking ability. With the OC connection Rams might consider him as a quick-help option to compete at OG and back up center.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTqU1SQ1tgk&ab_channel=DoABarrowRoll

(Late Rounds) Dude wears 29 is it fate? :laugh4: This guy is more of what we have, which is to say more of a box type safety vice a high post type. Rams might really like him for a pairing role though and the round is right with his round estimates being sixth round.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd_1smYE61g&ab_channel=Prospects

(Late Rounds) The late round value is there, big guy with some feet to him, gonna need dev time, another sixth round estimate.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unwkdWBc_qE&ab_channel=Prospects

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't it you who posted that tweet of Jourdan Rodrigue suggesting the Rams were interested in increasing the number of draft picks ? The Rams have a few emerging young Safeties in Scott, Burgess, Fuller, and if Mathieu is still in free agency contention, then why not move Rapp for a draft pick at a more strategic position of necessity ? Rapp is entering his final season before becoming a free agent and has a CAP cost of just under $3.M, money which might be applied towards Mathieu. With the new changes at ILB, Rapp may be looking at a reduction of 'nickel' snaps anyway, and he's likely one of the few trade options which might garner a decent return.
jmo.
First trading Rapp isn’t the only way to get more picks
Second every safety on the roster has had injury concerns except maybe Scott
Third we don’t know if we sign Matthieu
Fourth some of the projections of what we might get for Rapp are downright comical. I especially love the comments on how he’s so valuable in a trade and easy to replace. If he was valuable why are we trading him and if he’s easy to replace in the draft all the trade value goes away. Add in he’s a mediocre safety with some injury history and how valuable is he really in a trade and why not just draft a safety instead of trading for Rapp?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Pretty much. Rams may have dangled him this offseason and had no bites. But at this point they have to actually have better options or a plan for better options if they move him.

I figure they take a shot on a safety late and make a push to sign Mathieu after the draft.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
First trading Rapp isn’t the only way to get more picks
Second every safety on the roster has had injury concerns except maybe Scott
Third we don’t know if we sign Matthieu
Fourth some of the projections of what we might get for Rapp are downright comical. I especially love the comments on how he’s so valuable in a trade and easy to replace. If he was valuable why are we trading him and if he’s easy to replace in the draft all the trade value goes away. Add in he’s a mediocre safety with some injury history and how valuable is he really in a trade and why not just draft a safety instead of trading for Rapp?

I want to draft a later round Safety regardless of Mathieu, I really like Percy Butler as a late round pick myself. Chances are if Mathieu isn't being considered then Rapp may stick, although there has been a good deal of outside speculation that the Rams make sense as a landing spot for him if the price is reasonable. It's likely not the only way to get more picks, I've also suggested trading our 2023 2'nd round pick, ... others have suggested moving Havenstein & A'Shawn Robinson, although those moves are even less favorable for me to consider. I happen to believe Rapp could garner a 4'th or 5'th to a team in need, but we'll just have to wait and see how the Rams choose to proceed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to draft a later round Safety regardless of Mathieu, I really like Percy Butler as a late round pick myself. Chances are if Mathieu isn't being considered then Rapp may stick, although there has been a good deal of outside speculation that the Rams make sense as a landing spot for him if the price is reasonable. It's likely not the only way to get more picks, I've also suggested trading our 2023 2'nd round pick, ... others have suggested moving Havenstein & A'Shawn Robinson, although those moves are even less favorable for me to consider. I happen to believe Rapp could garner a 4'th or 5'th to a team in need, but we'll just have to wait and see how the Rams choose to proceed.
A team in need can get a better cheaper and healthier safety with those picks Imo

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
A team in need can get a better cheaper and healthier safety with those picks Imo

Maybe, but a young experienced vet who has played in multiple formations might be seen as an asset once you get into those mid to later round picks.
jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe, but a young experienced vet who has played in multiple formations might be seen as an asset once you get into those mid to later round picks.
jmo.
Sounds like a guy a Super Bowl champ should have on their roster.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I hope they do keep it quiet. It seems they’ve possibly gotten sniped on a few occasions through the years.

I don’t know how teams learn about other teams moves. I recall the Rams knowing Baltimore planned on taking Kupp, so they picked him instead of waiting. I think it would be best if nobody knew any of the Rams possible targets.

I doubt that it's many front office people leaking, seems more likely that scouts talk among each other about who they like and what management may be looking for. jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Depth isn't important? Pretty sure that's been a mantra of Snead, McVay and all Rams fans for years.

You just called Rapp mediocre and an injury risk, is that the kind of depth you're looking for ? The guy becomes a free agent following this season, getting something for him might actually be advantageous for a team supposedly looking to increase its draft pick numbers. Again, if Mathieu isn't in play, Rapp's probably not going anywhere.
jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You just called Rapp mediocre and an injury risk, is that the kind of depth you're looking for ? The guy becomes a free agent following this season, getting something for him might actually be advantageous for a team supposedly looking to increase its draft pick numbers. Again, if Mathieu isn't in play, Rapp's probably not going anywhere.
jmo.
Check out my mock. Drafted a safety wanted two but went another direction. This whole conversation started because I wondered why people are so gung ho to get rid of Rapp then me laughing at people contradicting themselves regarding his value. I don't want to trade him but I full expect us to move on from him after this season. You yourself said a team could need a guy like him. But not the Rams it seems we don't need a vet depth guy at safety.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Check out my mock. Drafted a safety wanted two but went another direction. This whole conversation started because I wondered why people are so gung ho to get rid of Rapp then me laughing at people contradicting themselves regarding his value. I don't want to trade him but I full expect us to move on from him after this season. You yourself said a team could need a guy like him. But not the Rams it seems we don't need a vet depth guy at safety.

We may not need him, that's really up to McSnead's evaluations, I've already stated why moving him may make sense, and knowing that we are picking up Mathieu would seal the deal, but that's out of our hands for todays debate.
A team could easily need Rapp, whether depth or better, but the Rams with contenders like Burgess, Scott & Fuller in the wings and Mathieu as a definite starter makes Rapp obsolete, especially as we change gears at nickel ILB. And either way, I believe the Rams will focus on a Safety in the draft as Rapp is in his 'contract' year and our other 3 enter their final two years under contract.
It's not that anyone is 'gung ho' on ridding ourselves of Rapp, it's that he's facing what so many have before him, he hasn't stood out as a signature future piece on our roster, he's replaceable, his CAP # might be better spent, and we might just like additional draft picks in what is perceived as a deep draft.
jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not that anyone is 'gung ho' on ridding ourselves of Rapp, it's that he's facing what so many have before him, he hasn't stood out as a signature future piece on our roster, he's replaceable, his CAP # might be better spent, and we might just like additional draft picks in what is perceived as a deep draft.
jmo.
And yet nobody is talking about getting rid of David Long. Same draft class same contract situation also a DB that has his ups and downs with fewer ups and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a single person bring up dumping him. You mention the other 3 safeties and Scott is a free agent along with Long and Rapp and the other 2 are up next year. We're going to be drafting safeties I think more than dumping them a late round pick can be on the PS and learn behind these guys and have a chance to play because all of our safeties have injury concerns along with expiring contracts soon.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
And yet nobody is talking about getting rid of David Long. Same draft class same contract situation also a DB that has his ups and downs with fewer ups and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a single person bring up dumping him. You mention the other 3 safeties and Scott is a free agent along with Long and Rapp and the other 2 are up next year. We're going to be drafting safeties I think more than dumping them a late round pick can be on the PS and learn behind these guys and have a chance to play because all of our safeties have injury concerns along with expiring contracts soon.

Imo, Scott has a better opportunity for extension than Rapp, and less expensive, really depends on 2022 performance. I believe CB depth is even more poor than at Safety, although there is some hope that Rochell finally breaks out, but either way, I imagine either a free agent and a draft pick or more likely two drafted CB's fill the void. For 2022, Long is more of a necessity at CB than Rapp is at Safety. Long has far less defensive snaps than Rapp, so less tape, he was also drafted lower, I'm guessing his trade value would be quite low at this point.
jmo.

Last edited: