OFFICIAL Rams 2022 NFL draft visits

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend

This site is reporting interest that the Rams have shown in certain prospects. You have to search each article. Names mentioned:

DT from Stanford Thomas Booker

Receiver named Giles originally from LSU, who had 1k yards with Mahomes.

DLineman from Texas Southern named Michael Bedejo

RB Pierre Strong
I haven't been keeping up with the draft but apparently that guy has been playing college football since 2015?? Seven years, holy smokes.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Adding extra picks beyond the 8 we currently have is interesting. Not like we have many roster spots open.

I understand liking lots of players at the end of the draft and trying to take as many shots as possible at finding something special late. But we have that already with 5 picks in last two rounds.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Adding extra picks beyond the 8 we currently have is interesting. Not like we have many roster spots open.

I understand liking lots of players at the end of the draft and trying to take as many shots as possible at finding something special late. But we have that already with 5 picks in last two rounds.
I'm guessing they are going to see who rises to the top. The more picks they have, the more chances they have to find a diamond in the rough. Also knowing how they operate, my guess is if they are good enough, we'll develop them on the practice squad too. Snead trying to fill depth everywhere.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I haven't been keeping up with the draft but apparently that guy has been playing college football since 2015?? Seven years, holy smokes.
I guess they should have a pretty good take on if he’s mature enough for the NFL!

A 1,000 yard season is impressive.

Sounds like if enough of the guys they like at 104 drop to that pick then they may try to drop back a little and maybe have a shot at two of them.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

WR Velus Jones who has been climbing up boards since posting a 4.31 40 was considered a 7'th round prospect or UDFA candidate prior to the Combine, is also an older player who will be 25 years old before the season starts.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If we trade Rapp, then I think it's a stone cinch that we're signing Matthieu.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why are we trading Rapp? He's one of the few safeties with any kind of experience. I know people dislike him a whole lot more than he deserves but I don't get this fascination with trading people all the time.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Yeah this is the year to snap up a TE. I want Ferguson but there are multiple good options for sure. Only question is fitting that in with edge and corner needs.
I agree with Ferguson. I think he will be the best balanced skill set TE available in the 4th or 5th round

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Why are we trading Rapp? He's one of the few safeties with any kind of experience. I know people dislike him a whole lot more than he deserves but I don't get this fascination with trading people all the time.

I don’t want to trade him, but I’m mostly just using other’s premises to suggest likely outcomes.

As a lot of folks have mentioned trading Rapp, I was mostly responding to that.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

I don’t want to trade him, but I’m mostly just using other’s premises to suggest likely outcomes.

As a lot of folks have mentioned trading Rapp, I was mostly responding to that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm not sure, he's quite good when used to his strengths. unfortunately for most of last season he wasn't and finally got the ramsey treatment.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Because many expect that Rapp will have a diminished role as a box safety, with Wagner and Jones on the field for three downs. Rapp is not a good free safety. The Rams also have Howard. Rapp may be seen as expendable. However, I don’t see much of a market for him. Strong Safeties are not hard to find in the draft.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I like Taylor Rapp more than most here but I could see him getting traded.

Just do not see a role for Rapp in 2022. Fuller and Scott would seem to be ahead of him as starters. Burgess is still around. Rapp's best spot seems to be closer to the line, in a Nickel-LB-role but the Rams have Jones and Wagner, with Howard in reserve.

Should the Rams sign Mathieu (possible), then Rapp would not even be a top back-up-safety. Finally, Rapp is a free agent after this season; and the Rams do not re-sign many of their free agent safeties.

Just hope they don't dump him for a 2024 sixth round pick where the Rams give-back a 7th rounder.

Psycho_X

Legend
Bedejo — lol. By name alone I hope we draft that dude
Yeah I had to do a double take on that name lol. Not spelled exactly right missing an "n" but I bet he's had a life full of people mispronouncing his name either on purpose or accident.