OFFICIAL Rams 2022 NFL draft visits

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I can see the Rams draft a QB in R3 or R4 this year. It's total opposite of what I'd do. But can totally see it.

DUDE - did you watch the preseason last year? Did you notice The Rams kept 3 qb’s?

I’m a huge Perkins fan. The guy looks like the real deal.I saw him go through progression & made plays when there was nothing there.Went against 1’s because of Wolford’s appendix.
Wolford just resigned so changing up the QB room I don’t see.What I can image is The Rams get a draft pick for Perkins at the least.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The Rams lost two depth safeties in the offseason and the guy who started the Super Bowl is gone as well.
They're not moving Rapp, unless they get Honeybadger.. then, it becomes a possibility.
But they'll still need more bodies at the position.

You never know, but it doesn't seem particularly likely.. but it could bring in a little draft capital.
If they bring in the HB, then I could see it happening. He probably gets overpaid next yr during FA and won't be back because the Rams will have very little cap wiggle room next yr from what I saw on OTC. He carries a $2.2M salary so after signing a rookie to take his roster spot you save about $1.5M. and yiu might get a guy who is a better long term fit anyway. Someone who can cover

So if you could get an early 4 and a late pick or just a late 3rd, you can just go get a young safety and start the process over again. And the S doesn't have to come from his pick. Maybe you use that 3rd you get in a trade for a CB or edge, and then use a late 4th or early 5th for your S depth.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
DUDE - did you watch the preseason last year? Did you notice The Rams kept 3 qb’s?

I’m a huge Perkins fan. The guy looks like the real deal.I saw him go through progression & made plays when there was nothing there.Went against 1’s because of Wolford’s appendix.
Wolford just resigned so changing up the QB room I don’t see.What I can image is The Rams get a draft pick for Perkins at the least.
He doesn't have the arm for this offense. He is a nice change of pace guy that might win you a game because teams would get caught off guard by his style, but he can't drive this bus for more than a couple games without being exposed.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Maybe it's as simple as McVay realizing that the run game is stalled without a lead blocker, i.e. FB or HB. Simple film study would show how many runs would have been productive had there been a lead blocker who can blow a LB out of a gap. Short yardage is where it shows most. Stafford sneaking is dumb. Two players the Rams cannot afford to lose are Stafford and Kupp. Very poor resource management to continually expose them to injury for a yard. The 3 inside OL open the gap but without a lead blocker, it's idiotic to expect the RB to break the tackle of the ILB who moves to fill the gap on every run.

In McVay's offense, the passing game is used to set up the run attack. That's not what he wants but that is the end result of poor run play design. As long as the MIKE stays put the Rams can't run inside without a lead blocker. That's why I've said the passing attack must be used to shift the focus of the MIKE to open the run instead of the reverse.

McVay wants consistency in the run attack but hasn't done enough to enable it. FBs are cheap so they aren't exactly cap breakers. A FB can be your #4 RB, i.e. a part-time player. A 7th round pick or UDFA having the desired traits to be coached up in blocking technique. A small price to pay to jump start the run attack.

Well I don’t know if your a HENDO fan,but it shows what a tough young RB he is. I don’t think Ram Fans appreciate him like he is deserving of.That 3rd down catch in the SuperBowl was huge.Game saving play. —He also came off IR to play in that game & was the lead RB.

Yes in the SB we could see how the running game was stuffed for the most part.HENDO did get those Carries & SONY well is history? Maybe he resigns?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Would this work? Replace the WR with a TE.

That’s what Harris is for. The Rams will have to find a way to get Tutu the ball. Ben Sko got such excellent experience that year 2 should be amazing from a 7th rd pick.
Allen Robinson with Van Jefferson are going to be a tough combo along with Cooper Kupp.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like the Cook visit. Not as strong as his brother but has everything else Dalvin does. Good in the pass game and is a natural fit for our blocking scheme and McVay's run game.

Yeah- 2017 was hoping D. Cook was the choice.Who knows what The Rams would have looked like.The Rams drafted Cooper Kupp,but thought a dual RB combo would have been excellent.Might have kept Gurley healthier or kept The Rams away from signing the huge contract.
Then again who knows if Gurley would have gone Tra Mason

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Honestly it's kind of weird they didn't move Rapp. If the guy had been playing for Wade he might be looked at much differently. I get that teams know they can just draft one on the cheap every year, and that probably factors in here. But also I suspect the Rams still like Rapp's game. Nothing I can point to but I have this feeling they still think they can get high end play out of him.

They've been right plenty on shit like this too so I lump this one into the box that holds some other odd toys like past OL discussions, TE depth, etc.

Either way if they hit on a corner we're probably gonna have a top defense because AD boosts that rush a bit. Corner's a really big one they gotta get right. If they do that then I think they can get away with some shit.