RAMS 2020 Coaching Staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I guess having Shula instead of Joe Barry will make a big difference.

Morris instead of Staley or Wade.Mcvay now having his 3rd DC evens things out a little more.Mcvay will become even more involved with The Defense as well.These are his guys.

Evero is underrated.Pleasant is an excellent coach. Detroit will prosper
from him.He is a Michigan guy.

Yardbar is a Veteran WR coach.He still has his core players in tact.DJ11 will add even more experience as well.Van Jefferson will benefit with his growth as a NFL WR. -Youth always needed.
-I’m not a fan of Jefferson on special teams.He is a 1st.rd. Value imo.

Henderson is an extension with his group.He Will have those young defensive lineman ready.Don’t know what the breakup is ?? He had Clay Matthews in the paster in Training Camp.He adds weight on the shed machine. —Floyd isn’t his guy,but still part of the D’Line.

that’s just off hand.We don’t know what the O’line coaches will totally look like? Carberry we know is The Top Dog.Aaron Kromer is no longer on the staff leaving The Rams.Dickerson went with Waldron.So there is still a couple jobs really undetermined as the Zak Kromer ?? I think he will have a say in what job or direction he wants to go that both fits him & The Rams.

Speaking of Waldron & Kromer—
Thomas & Phillips are the Newbies.
I look forward to them bringing a New Look.

I think that Colin guy was not a good QB coach,compared to Z.Robinson..

-pretty good little break down Veteran Ram might like - lol - I might owe him a beer

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well I’ve been wanting to continue posting about The Rams coaching staff. I’ll just start back up with Sean Mcvay has said that this was his favorite preseason & lives this Rams team.
I know some have had issues,but this coaching staff is one of The Best in The NFL.I’ll continue this as the game weekend starts.The Ex-Ram as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think as Cooper Kupp has been amazing in 2021,going into 2022 there has been one coach who he is really tight with imo.
Zac Robinson is listed as The Rams QB coach,but he has been with Kupp all season during games.
O’Connell has been with Matthew Stafford.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Joe Barry was such a SOLID RAM Coach.

I really think he had a Heck of a Season with Green Bay. That doesn’t
mean Raheem Morris hasn’t been or wasn’t The Rams best choice to be DC.
This Rams DEFENSE & Team deserves that Credit it will DEMAND!!
If not HISTORY is going to speak to all The Haters imo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We don’t even need to start with Coaching.

SEAN MCVAY deserves all the CREDIT
for THE RAMS CULTURE.

The PLAYERS deserve credit for there LEADERSHIP & MENTORING from Future Now & The Past.

—Eric Weedle is an Example.
—John Sullivan is another,just to add that if he doesn’t drop wait ? Who knows about 2019.Then again Corbett.
-Talib ??
— Jared Goff & Todd Gurley—
MATTHEW STAFFORD’s nickname should be THE BOMB!! He is The Bomb!!!

AD99 has been awesome as usual.

Let’s start with ERIC HENDERSON.

AD99 blew up his picture in his House for inspiration from his coach during his playing days.

Leonard Floyd ain’t really his guy or Von Miller ? I don’t know how he or what his run/game planning details
require? What I do know is how good of a PLAYERs coach he is.

I went to SOFI for the last OTA’s there wasn’t a coach or position players working harder.

A’Shawn Robinson & Greg Gaines have improved so much.I can’t wait for when The Brown Brothers Step up next season.

I don’t know where he stands in being the next DC,but AD99 has his back.What a Great working relationship he has with his players since DAY 1 under Wade Phillips.

The 2 seasons under Wade & Staley.AD99 won defensive player of the year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Once again I’ll start with The O’Line coaches.

Zak Kromer was always setting thing up for his dad during drills.It was cool watching him help coach.I’ll always remember how he was showing Demby how to hold a player & body position in a small space. Just saying he is still a Rams coach & knows all the players under Sean Mcvay.

Nick Jones is a cool story. He has a connection with the likes of Raheem Morris & Thomas Brown.This Georgia thing is cool from a team standpoint.

Kevin Carberry is the Best coach of this group.He has brought so much to this group.I also believe though that the New rule of Covid squad has & is going to make such a great difference on how players develop.
He real has worked on the inside guys working on there drive. They do a little tug of war type drill that helps keep your hands inside & move a Dlineman.It helps leverage & leg strength.
It is to be determined on how much this offensive line & who is on The Rams squad from the 2021 group.

I just think all the coaches above have had an excellent effect on the Offensive lineman & more intension to details.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thomas Brown is a hands on coach.I was at training camp watching him train a small squad of players.
Thomas Brown has also been the run game coordinator.His job hasn’t been easy though.I don’t know who he has as an assistant,but there is someone who helps out.
Gerald Henderson was the player starting out as The Rams featured back.
Jake Funk was a rookie.
Jones & Calais we’re going to be given a chance.

I guess has there been a tougher position to coach ? Sony Michael came to The Rams after the preseason & had to learn The Rams system on the fly.
Now that Cam Akers is back The Rams have a nice corral of RB’s.

Buddy Howell has had a couple Carrie’s.This Javian Hawkins is a player I can’t wait to see with Tutu Atwell.
These to players have a kinds of speed.

Anyway I just wonder if T. Brown is in the makings of being The Rams OC ?
I think Mcvay has put him in a solid position to succeed.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just going to keep going down the line.

Kendall Blanton had a couple big catches against Tampa Bay in the playoff game. Brycen Hopkins has improved but is being held accountable.I just find it being a odd situation.
Tyler Higbee is eating up so many of the snaps.

Wes Phillips was with his dad in LA(Rams) for only 1 season. His dad’s contract expired & Mcvay moved on with Staley.
Sean Mcvay only has The Rams coaching job because of Wes Phillips.
Everyone can call BS on that,but it was Wade Phillips being his DC & an ex HC that Kevin Demoff hired him.
I heard an interview with Kevin Demoff,I was on the 5fwy heading south to the OC. He said that was the only way he would hire a young inexperienced coach was that he had a Ex NFL head coach with him.

Mcvay & Wade Phillips had a GREAT working relationship.Sean Mcvay could do his thing & Wade had full control of the defense.

However that all worked out Wes took over for Mcvay as TE’s coach in Washington.They have had an excellent relationship.Reporters can ask all these questions & will get these type of answers.It’s pretty simple.

Once Wade left Wes stayed in his same position.Know that Kromer & the old TE coach/OC coach went to the SeaHags(.Waldon) Wes took over as passing coordinator.

If you look at how the WR’s are blocking as TE’s I’m sure he has a big part of integrating tut into the offense.
Wes Phillips is just such a simple coach you do hear much from or about him. Like I’ve said though is that friendship is pretty cool.An excellent working partnership.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The coach I like probably the most.Hard call because they are all so good in there own way.

Zac Robinson!!!!

I believe he has been such a big part of what Cooper Kupp has done this season.He is listed a QB’s coach. Last season he was so big with John Wolford.Plus Jared Goff.

This season Kevin O’Connell has been Matthew Stafford’s guy. IMO though Zac Robinson would make a The best OC.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Raheem Morris - I always have to add him. He was just perfect DC. I know some have questioned him. For me he is Sean Mcvay’s guy.

Will add that he trust & has learned so much from him.basically each other. No matter what happens with Morris it was a solid season with everything that has gone on in 2021/22.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Joe D” has added to this Special teams group. The Rams have been solid.
It is interesting how The Rams bring so many players through this season from the practice squad nobody even knows about.
Brandon Powell taking it to the house & his returns have added extra field position.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ejiro Evero has been awesome.Johnathan Cooley
has added a lot to this group as
Well.

I’m big on the growth of The Rams coaching staff.Sean Mcvay does such a good job finding coaching talent & gives them all chances to be successful.
The DB group hasn’t always been the Bright Spot.I sort of beg to differ though. I think The Rams continue to succeed with this group.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That makes no sense. Go take your meds.
Well in honor of Asshole Face who Rob Ryan became the Saints DC after throwing keys on Jeff Fishers desk.

Imo,I’d say Fisher should have done Coke commercials.People can think they want about Fisher.Eric Dickerson & The LA Rams Fan were more important to him.
Kevin Demoff had a contract all written up & signed which would have been a disaster.If anyone wants to think The Rams weren’t moving to LA & if the writtening wasn’t written in the walls is ok as well.
I just think The Rams are in such a good place right now as a franchise.I don’t know what would have happened if the politics didn’t come into play & waiting until that magic date.
I know Inwould have loved to been in St.Louis watch The Rams in a New Stadium.I’m a Rams Fan,but as a Rams Fan if you can’t see the difference of Sean Mcvay’s coaching tree & OC’s who he has basically been in control of would be sort of blind to what The Rams have built under Sean Mcvay & his coaching staff.
Yeah Bones as the Rams HC was a joke as well.He is(was) a good special teams coach.I just think the raw raw guys are only good for so many years.
What was there strength guy who did his thing.That is an example of those types.

You can go down all the coaches. It’s not hard to see there talent.Eric Henderson & what he has done with The Rams D-Front has been incredible.Just ask AD99 what he has meant.It’s easy to criticize.I try not to,but Jeff Fisher was a control freak & never found the right coaches.I guess I could go back & look them all up if you want.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well in honor of Asshole Face who Rob Ryan became the Saints DC after throwing keys on Jeff Fishers desk.

Imo,I’d say Fisher should have done Coke commercials.People can think they want about Fisher.Eric Dickerson & The LA Rams Fan were more important to him.
Kevin Demoff had a contract all written up & signed which would have been a disaster.If anyone wants to think The Rams weren’t moving to LA & if the writtening wasn’t written in the walls is ok as well.
I just think The Rams are in such a good place right now as a franchise.I don’t know what would have happened if the politics didn’t come into play & waiting until that magic date.
I know Inwould have loved to been in St.Louis watch The Rams in a New Stadium.I’m a Rams Fan,but as a Rams Fan if you can’t see the difference of Sean Mcvay’s coaching tree & OC’s who he has basically been in control of would be sort of blind to what The Rams have built under Sean Mcvay & his coaching staff.
Yeah Bones as the Rams HC was a joke as well.He is(was) a good special teams coach.I just think the raw raw guys are only good for so many years.
What was there strength guy who did his thing.That is an example of those types.

You can go down all the coaches. It’s not hard to see there talent.Eric Henderson & what he has done with The Rams D-Front has been incredible.Just ask AD99 what he has meant.It’s easy to criticize.I try not to,but Jeff Fisher was a control freak & never found the right coaches.I guess I could go back & look them all up if you want.
The point is McVay's high standards are why this staff is so good. He's passed over guys on his own staff to add the type of coaches he wants. He passed over all sort of options to add Staley, who was a prime example of his eye for coaching talent.

And we also see good coaches wanting to sign on for obvious reasons. I mean it's not like he found Henderson for example. Henderson was a known good coach when he came over, there was buzz on that guy already. In fact that hire has a lot to do with the team we're seeing right now, the production he has squeezed out of that unit.

So back to our conversation I love that he passed over Barry. Who yes was a "solid" coach. Most guys would say "you know he came over here with me so he deserves a second shot at DC." But not McVay. He went after the guy he thought was best out there and passed over a guy who had a lot of loyalty and who had done a good job with the LB pieces he had to work with. That's not an easy thing to do.

Especially when the DC hire had to learn Cover 4 on the fly, as he's gameplanning and calling games. But what McVay bet on was the coach, that he would master the nuances and get the job done. Well, we're in the final four so he's really damn close to being an amazing hire, which in itself is amazing the way this season started with that unit. The guy has come a long way.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The point is McVay's high standards are why this staff is so good. He's passed over guys on his own staff to add the type of coaches he wants. He passed over all sort of options to add Staley, who was a prime example of his eye for coaching talent.

And we also see good coaches wanting to sign on for obvious reasons. I mean it's not like he found Henderson for example. Henderson was a known good coach when he came over, there was buzz on that guy already. In fact that hire has a lot to do with the team we're seeing right now, the production he has squeezed out of that unit.

So back to our conversation I love that he passed over Barry. Who yes was a "solid" coach. Most guys would say "you know he came over here with me so he deserves a second shot at DC." But not McVay. He went after the guy he thought was best out there and passed over a guy who had a lot of loyalty and who had done a good job with the LB pieces he had to work with. That's not an easy thing to do.

Especially when the DC hire had to learn Cover 4 on the fly, as he's gameplanning and calling games. But what McVay bet on was the coach, that he would master the nuances and get the job done. Well, we're in the final four so he's really damn close to being an amazing hire, which in itself is amazing the way this season started with that unit. The guy has come a long way.

Then to me it’s apples to apples for the most part.I see it & have seen it all year with this coaching staff.

Mcvay has stated from the start that this was The Best Team he has ever been apart & coached.

However The Rams got from point A to point B has been obvious.He bases his relationships on his staff & confidence in what he is trying to accomplish.

Your Rams passion & football knowledge is undeniable.We could go at this for hours.

IMO & has always been my opinion about Raheem Morris being the perfect fit for Mczvay & The Rams.I’ve never understood the criticism he has gotten either.We can go through all the X,Y, & Z’s.