RAMS 2020 Coaching Staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Crazy Mcvay just turned 37.He has been such an excellent leader of Men.

His growth as a HC continues.This season has probably been his toughest because of everything that has gone on.

This last weekend was probably The Greatest 4 Playoff Games in NFL History & will never be past from a
competitive state.

Funny how all the teams & The Rams schedule made total sense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wes Phillips was right next to Mcvay when Stafford went into the victory formation. Without him & his dad there would not have been a Mcvay HC in LA.

Just saying,not a lot of people notice Wes because he is just such a regular dude & a solid coach.

Kendall Blanton sure has looked good & was basically the only offensive change. Well Sony helped with that cool flea-flicker screen play.Well designed by the passing game Coordinator

Psycho_X

Legend
Crazy Mcvay just turned 37.
He just turned 36. And if we win the Super Bowl he will still be the youngest head coach to win the super bowl despite this being his 5th season... crazy. Currently Mike Tomlin is the youngest head coach in NFL history to win a Super Bowl at 36 years, 323 days.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Wes Phillips was right next to Mcvay when Stafford went into the victory formation. Without him & his dad there would not have been a Mcvay HC in LA.

Just saying,not a lot of people notice Wes because he is just such a regular dude & a solid coach.

Kendall Blanton sure has looked good & was basically the only offensive change. Well Sony helped with that cool flea-flicker screen play.Well designed by the passing game Coordinator
Wonder it’ll finally be his time to shine next year as OC if O’Connell ends up getting a job somewhere

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He just turned 36. And if we win the Super Bowl he will still be the youngest head coach to win the super bowl despite this being his 5th season... crazy. Currently Mike Tomlin is the youngest head coach in NFL history to win a Super Bowl at 36 years, 323 days.

Yeah This thread use to be

Sean Mcvay the best ever.Not exactly sure how it was actually put,but foresight was what The Rams Future was going to look like.
—Pretty awesome to think he still can
Accomplish that feat..

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can’t say enough about this coaching staff. Like I’ve said though from the start about Raheem Morris. He is not going anywhere.

Add that Race might play a big part of peoples evaluations.He never ever makes what he does in coaching about that. He is a FIRST CLASS coach.
I can’t say enough about his character & what he has meant to The Rams. He has always seen the BIG PICTURE & Today is what it is ALL ABOUT. He has kept his eye on the prize. The Rams organization & Sean Mcvay are extra special to him. He knows his time will come & he will continue to work hard for what he wants in LIFE.Jalen LOVES him.

Wes - it was nice watching him make sure Mcvay was ok after the 9ers games.Another great relationship he has with another coach that has meant so much in his life.

Evero & O’Connell congratulations

Aaron Kromer got a OLine job in Buffalo,Zak Kromer has always been solid & will see how his career plays out. Carberry though deserves so much credit for his hands on he is with the players making sure they all have a voice.

T. Brown gets his starter back in HENDO. I think he will makes a nice play today.Sony has gotten so much better & is a main reason The Rams are in the SuperBowl.Cam Akers ? What can be said except the coaching is still there & the rotation should be interesting.Add Cam showed more heart again against the 9ers playing with yet another injury.

I don’t think Ram Fans give Zac Robinson enough credit,but if you see Cooper Kupp on the sidelines you’ll usually see Robinson right there closely near or next to him. He is listed as the QB coach but Kevin is Stafford’s guy for 1 more game.
IMO Zac Robinson will The Rams next OC? We’ll see ?

Shula-goes back to that little Chargers stadium fir that preseason scrimmage.There we’re a lot of little memories for myself. First Robert Wood mom is a CLASS ACT & a beautiful woman. I feel for there loss.His dad was a solid man who will be missed & sure very loved.Robert Woods has been(is) a GREAT RAM. Give John Sullivan mad respects & still think The Ram got robbed by that phantom holding call.
Shula though coming over & saying hi to his kids & giving his wife a kiss was cool. He has worked his way up a the head LBers coach.Just done an excellent job & Floyd is still one of his guys.The pass rush should be great. Ernest Jones though is his guy today playing MLB. Troy Reeder will make a play as well.

I’m sure I can go on like Cooley is going to be moving up quickly as a DB’s coach.

Just a congratulations & Go Rams!!
This Rams coaching staff has just been excellent & Mcvay loves working with this guys.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thomas Brown is going to fit in better as a TE’s coach.than a running back coach imo.
Okay, why? Brown played running back at Georgia, coached RB's most of his career and this will be his first opportunity to coach TE's. Now the reason McVay and the Rams moved him to Tight End Coach was to get Brown more access to the passing game and although was he Offensive Coordinator at South Carolina, Brown hasn't really been privy to passing at this level and while I will agree that Brown should aid the TE's in the running game I don't understand how he's a better fit as a TE coach vs. a running back coach, but again, that's just me.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Okay, why? Brown played running back at Georgia, coached RB's most of his career and this will be his first opportunity to coach TE's. Now the reason McVay and the Rams moved him to Tight End Coach was to get Brown more access to the passing game and although was he Offensive Coordinator at South Carolina, Brown hasn't really been privy to passing at this level and while I will agree that Brown should aid the TE's in the running game I don't understand how he's a better fit as a TE coach vs. a running back coach, but again, that's just me.

My guess will be,because he will bring new ideas & energy to the group.He knows football & have a full view on that knowledge. Sometimes change brings out the best in people.

You can put Thomas Brown in a RB’s box.I think with Wes Phillips gone it will bring more ideas to the table as well. I could go on. But that’s my opinion on it.I like the move & the change.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You can put Thomas Brown in a RB’s box.I think with Wes Phillips gone it will bring more ideas to the table as well. I could go on. But that’s my opinion on it.I like the move & the change.
Okay, that makes sense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Okay, that makes sense.
I like to take a positive side to it all.
I think The Rams offense can really improve a lot from last season.

Cooper Kupp had just an amazing season. I’m always afraid of injury though & not having him in The SuperBowl in 18 & against GB last season hurt The Rams chances & maybe a big part of why it didn’t happen until 21/22.

Higbee didn’t seem the same. Hopkins was in the Dog House last season under Wes.IMO there was something to it ? That’s once again me reading into it. Thomas is going to help Hopkins & could be like a Reed type of player under Mcvay?

That’s very high expectations & maybe far fetched? OBj got hurt & Blanton. Some big shoes to fill & my hope is carry over and Thomas’s relationship. I saw Robinson take toward Kupp last season. The sidelines tell a lot.
Cam & Hendo though. Wow - could be fun.Who do The Rams add ? Maybe an H- back or TE ?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
.Who do The Rams add ? Maybe an H- back or TE ?
Rams did meet with Georgia State's Roger Carter who played TE, but projects as an H-back at the next level because he's 6'2. Carter caught 96 passes for 1,224 yards and 12 touchdowns, topping 280 yards receiving in each of the last three years. He spent five years at Georgia State, playing a total of 44 games. Solid blocker too, so maybe Carter is that guy.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams did meet with Georgia State's Roger Carter who played TE, but projects as an H-back at the next level because he's 6'2. Carter caught 96 passes for 1,224 yards and 12 touchdowns, topping 280 yards receiving in each of the last three years. He spent five years at Georgia State, playing a total of 44 games. Solid blocker too, so maybe Carter is that guy.

I remember Rogers the FB Mcvay wanted in 17”. Seems like his offense has changed each season over time.

IMO it is a numbers game.Has always been interesting come the first week of September.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Interesting- rembering sitting behind Shula(wife) for 5 minutes.He is family first back in 2017. Find it interesting
that he is listed as a DB coach ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Adding in 2022 The Rams will be bringing in a couple of CB’s from the article above only makes it that much clearer.
Lance Shulters might be in the group as well with Cooley?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Chris Beake is going to be a serious upgrade imo as a LBer coach.He knows the system from Denver & will only add to what Staley brought.Then to think of Bobby Wagner playing MLB & wearing the Green Dot.
I don’t think Ram Fans know what a HUGE move this will be. E.Jones just starting his career.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
From above I’m just adding the extra responsibility Chris Shula will have in 2022 as Pass game Coordinator & first time DB’s coach.
The Rams run a lot of different formations & calls so that is a whole part of the defense it’s self.

I remember when Aubrey Pleasant was coaching the Cb’s & pass game Cord. ? He would always call out what the offense was running & the different assignments were tied up to it. Seemed basic reads,but then he would get amp’s up as well.
Evero was more Queit & Cooley seemed more into it. Coach Dean posted about Cooley calling the plays for the DB’s in 2021? Don’t know how it was said he got promoted though. Maybe a pay raise ,but question how much more of an impact?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This Rams coaching Staff IMO will be better than in 2021. Don’t know other Ram Fans thoughts.

I don’t need to go back & check what I’ve posted here just that last season
SEAN MCVAY said it was The Best Team of Coaches & Players he had ever had.Then Covid hit The Rams Badly,trades & then that 3 games losing streak.That was probably in reverse,but still a World Wind of a Season. Whining back at Hone Winning a SuperBowl at SOFI STADIUM.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like this staff better & glad it was Jevin O’Connell that got the Vikings HC instead of Raheem Morris for all those haters.

I will state The Phillips Family Tree is finally over.I think that was a nice relationship,but Wade is actually probably turning into more of a Vikings Fans as I post.Wade was a Huge reason that Sean Mcvay IS The Rams HC!