RAMS 2020 Coaching Staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Shula deserves the promotion tbh. What he's done with our edge group is impressive. Figure they'll hire him an understudy.

Morris may have wanted his guys in the secondary. He may be planning on tweaking the scheme too, though I think McVay has certain expectations and limits with that. Even if he tweaks it we'll still probably see similar percentages of quarters, cover 3, etc in similar situations.

I'd also like to see a QB coach hired. Less need for it with the older vet QB but still it's good for a QB to have that position coach for the basics.

Merlin your The mr. break down games guy with your photos.All season I was asking about The OC O’Connell & The QB coach ? When Jared or Wolford came of the field there was a coach that always greeted them & went over the series with them on there MicroSoft Game Top. Do you know who that was. I have my answer,but have yet to see anyone answer it,or see it the way I did.It is hard with the Covid-masking to really tell.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
WOW ? Here we Go!! Rumor City ??

Thanks for the Info-At this point who would you rather it be ? If the rumor posted today by Memphis about Evero being GBays DC already.
Last year it was Barry declining the USC job after already offered.
Then this year it is rumored he had The LA Chargers Job,but as a LBers coach of ALL Things.
Before that it was Joe Barry maybe to The Vegas Raiders.

I don’t know who or where all The Rams coaches end up or who The Rams are replacing them with.The Cool thing is McVays COACHING TREE.
Where is WADE going ??
Same source has reported Evero (yesterday) and Barry (today). Guy named Tom Silverstein who apparently covers the Packers.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Same source has reported Evero (yesterday) and Barry (today). Guy named Tom Silverstein who apparently covers the Packers.

So do you agree with Simonblaze that you’d rather it be Barry than Evero to the Packers?

My thought on Barry as the DC for the Packers is Aaron Rogers would enjoy practice more.That energy is funny.
-Pleasant will help Detroit & he has a different energy as well.
-Evero Imo is more structured & Ole School type of a coach.Very fundamental guy who liked to evaluate situations.
—All 3 coaches have been EXCELLENT for The Rams.Personally I hope both Barry & Evero comeback for the 2021 season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Merlin your The mr. break down games guy with your photos.All season I was asking about The OC O’Connell & The QB coach ? When Jared or Wolford came of the field there was a coach that always greeted them & went over the series with them on there MicroSoft Game Top. Do you know who that was. I have my answer,but have yet to see anyone answer it,or see it the way I did.It is hard with the Covid-masking to really tell.
I didn't pay attn to that or count it or anything but it seemed like O'Connell was the QB coach and OC. Generally I saw him there next to Goff between series but with the mask and all maybe it was Walrdon idk. Presume Waldron was upstairs but not sure.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I didn't pay attn to that or count it or anything but it seemed like O'Connell was the QB coach and OC. Generally I saw him there next to Goff between series but with the mask and all maybe it was Walrdon idk. Presume Waldron was upstairs but not sure.

Well that is why I’m asking.I believe it is Zac Robinson,so when you say The Rams need a New QB coach I think he is already the one running the show ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Shula deserves the promotion tbh. What he's done with our edge group is impressive. Figure they'll hire him an understudy.

Morris may have wanted his guys in the secondary. He may be planning on tweaking the scheme too, though I think McVay has certain expectations and limits with that. Even if he tweaks it we'll still probably see similar percentages of quarters, cover 3, etc in similar situations.

I'd also like to see a QB coach hired. Less need for it with the older vet QB but still it's good for a QB to have that position coach for the basics.

I could see the Rams moving more to a 4-3 type defense.That would make it easier for The Rams to lose Floyd? JJ is expandable as well.Just think that is how The Rams personal is shape up to look like. Especially if Brockers comes back. He is slow upfront.All speculation tough.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I could see the Rams moving more to a 4-3 type defense.That would make it easier for The Rams to lose Floyd? JJ is expandable as well.Just think that is how The Rams personal is shape up to look like. Especially if Brockers comes back. He is slow upfront.All speculation tough.

I wonder if they move to more of a 4-3 if they move AD outside... leave Brockers and Fox inside with SJD/Gaines.

The problem isn't our DL flexibility, it's the lack of LBs. In the 4-3 the LBs have different responsibilities (I know they're all essentially hybrids now, but still)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wonder if they move to more of a 4-3 if they move AD outside... leave Brockers and Fox inside with SJD/Gaines.

The problem isn't our DL flexibility, it's the lack of LBs. In the 4-3 the LBs have different responsibilities (I know they're all essentially hybrids now, but still)

Putting it that way. The NFL has evolved & diversity is key. Lewis is
an interesting PLAYER? I think The Rams young core of LBers got some good experience. I think you have to look at the whole Picture & rotations.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

Please no

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Please no

I really like this system, but I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking that it might not evolve into more of a 4-3 hybrid over a 3-4 hybrid over time. It might.

As well, they've already put AD on the outside on pass rush downs to prevent them collapsing 3-4 OL onto him.

but yeah, not that anyone with the Rams asked, but I like the current system.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Putting it that way. The NFL has evolved & diversity is key. Lewis is
an interesting PLAYER? I think The Rams young core of LBers got some good experience. I think you have to look at the whole Picture & rotations.

Lewis just has to stay healthy. If he's on the injury report every week, he won't be here long.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lewis just has to stay healthy. If he's on the injury report every week, he won't be here long.

Come on MAN! That’s a crock. He is on a rookie deal. Straight up example of that is OBO. How healthy has he been?

I will wait to find out.I like Raheem & actually would rather him than Staley.
If nothing else for that word again. Diversity.I appreciate Morris & what he has stood up for.He was not the best HC,but he continues to work hard & make players better.The rest doesn’t mean as much to me today.SuperBowls tomorrow & I think I’ll be a Brady Fan. At least a Bruce Arias Fan.Remember him back in his Colts days with Luck or Manning.He did well with Warner.
—Speaking of with just The thought.
Wow . LEF vs. B-enemy Both coaches won’t get jobs because of the SuperBowl.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
that's what I meant.

He might be able to stay on the roster, but he won't be extended or tagged or anything.

Unless he stays healthy, which I hope because a healthy Terrell Lewis is a potential monster on the edge.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
that's what I meant.

He might be able to stay on the roster, but he won't be extended or tagged or anything.

Unless he stays healthy, which I hope because a healthy Terrell Lewis is a potential monster on the edge.

Yeah - that 2018 draft needs to step up
this season.I think that is the worst draft of McSnead together.
2020 might be defined as The Best?Lewis will be a big part of it.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I really like this system, but I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking that it might not evolve into more of a 4-3 hybrid over a 3-4 hybrid over time. It might.

As well, they've already put AD on the outside on pass rush downs to prevent them collapsing 3-4 OL onto him.

but yeah, not that anyone with the Rams asked, but I like the current system.
I like the system too. And we don't have the capital to switch many things up.

Don't fix what ain't broke.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Speaking of RAHRAH guys. Dickerson has been SOLID in running practice as ONE of The Longest Term Rams coach.
The reason The Rams beat The SeaHags was there Crap Offensive Line.I have a lot of respect for him & think he will do well.Blows my mind with all the coaches changes.

just to add to this post on DICKERSON.

He is in the perfect place. Pete Carroll is a RAHRAH guy. He will like Andy who worked his AZZ of as a Ram OLine coach. He knows Waldron well from there Mcvay Days. - Russell Wilson or The SC cat who beat The Rams at SoFI? Rumors for another thread

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams are always looking to help promote there own.I don’t know if that starts with Demoff,Snead,or Mcvay.

Liam Cohen took over I believe for the guy who went to NE ? Jedd Fisch

Actually is was Zac Robinson & he really seems to be the QB’s coach ?
I’m confused & am going to finally start another post.

After everything has cleared Stafford & Zac Robinson are getting together?

-I don’t know the NFL rules , but Mcvay just brought his name up with Stafford.

I really think he is on the rise.He understands the QB position well & better than all the past QB coach’s besides Olson. I like the fit.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ejiro Evero to be is Underrated as a DB’s coach. As much as I have posted about Aubrey Pleasant it has been The Safeties that have been OUT PREFORMING in his 4 seasons as a Rams coach.

Mccoy,JJ Joyner,Christian,(Robey?)

Fuller this year has been unbelievable.

I look at Nick Scott & think about his future.
Taylor Rapp if you look on The Rams stat sheet 2020 he is Tops in Tackles,but has not played much from injury.

Now that Pleasant is gone Evero is top Dog as the Passing coordinator

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
talked about Joe Barry as a coach.The DC is getting all kinds of credit.I respect The job Joe Barry has done as a Rams coach.I think Mcvay did the right thing by giving him the Assistant Head Coach title.

Reeder & Young are stepping up there game.Wonder about Kiser next week.
Cory Littleton & getting rid of Ogletree when the Rams needed cap space.

Joe Barry in Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers will love going against him in training camp. Guaranteed smack talk between them.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter