Rams 2012 NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Wes Bunting's late round draft sleepers:

QB G.J. Kinne: Tulsa (6-2, 234)
Kinne has a little Jeff Garcia/Bruce Gradkowski to his game. He will fall on draft day because of his size, but is your typical gritty QB prospect who is the son of a coach and in my view will find a way to make a roster and potentially fight for playing time down the line.

QB B.J Coleman: Tennessee-Chattanooga (6-4, 220)
He needs to improve his footwork from the gun and from center before he's ready for the NFL game. However, Coleman has a good skill set, can make all the throws and is an intriguing developmental kid with a "plus" upside.

RB Bryce Brown: Kansas State (6-0, 220)
Watching him run in Lane Kiffin's zone scheme as a freshman, the guy was an impressive back with a lot of natural talent. He was the number one ranked recruit out of high school, ahead of Trent Richardson in 2009 and no doubt has the skill set to play in the league. The biggest question mark for him going forward is his overall character.

WR Jarrett Boykin: Virginia Tech (6-2, 218)
Isn't real explosive off the line but plays quick down the field, can get off press, separate and go get the football. Also, he will be able to make plays both inside and out at the next level and should be able to earn playing time at both spots in the NFL early in his NFL career.

TE George Bryan: North Carolina State (6-5, 265)
An NFL caliber "on the line Y", he isn't a dynamic pass catching option but has the ability to make plays underneath and at least threaten the seam and can develop into a plus caliber run blocker. Isn't quite dynamic enough to start in the NFL, but could end up being one of the better reserves at the position on the next level.

OG Kelvin Beachum: Southern Methodist (6-3, 306)
Possesses the size/power to win as an in-line guy and the athleticism to pull in power situations and get out into the second level as well. He's a coordinated pass protector on the edge and has the skill set to make the move to guard at the next level.

DE Scott Solomon: Rice (6-3, 270)
A better overall prospect in my mind than former Rice DL Cheta Ozougwu, who ended up being selected in the 7th round. He's a big kid who has some pass rush ability and the size to play the run. At worst looks like a guy who can come into camp and work his way into an NFL rotation.

DT Chigbo Anunoby: Morehouse (6-4, 324)
He's never going to be a "plus" pass rusher in the NFL. However, he's a strong, long kid with a really well proportioned frame who can anchor inside and certainly has the talent to get plenty of looks from both 34 and 43 teams as a developmental big body.

OLB Delano Johnson: Bowie State (6-4, 267)
A good-looking kid with an intriguing skill set. Is a developing pass rusher, but certainly has the upside to get a look in an NFL camp.

CB Coty Sensabaugh: Clemson (6-0, 185)
Possesses a solid NFL skill set with a "plus" feel in the pass game. Looks like a reserve only, but an NFL rosterable guy.

CB Mike Harris: Florida State (5-11, 195)
Looks like a physical slot guy to me who can play in both man and zone concepts, and will tackle the football.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsHc2hr6nPo[/youtube]

"Our talks with league GMs and scouts have been overwhelmingly positive," the agent said. "Most of these scouts believe that Janoris is the top cover corner in the draft and have been impressed with the way he has handled himself through the pre-draft process, from the Senior Bowl to the combine to team visits. He's been open and honest about his mistakes and has learned from them. He has demonstrated that he's fully dedicated to fulfilling his dreams of being a professional football player."
“This is a multiple offender of the drug policy in college, and it’s not like there were no character concerns at North Alabama,” one AFC personnel executive told Breer. “He had multiple opportunities to get away from it. He didn’t at Florida, and he went to North Alabama and he wasn’t clean there. … It was more of the same.”
“He gets to North Alabama, and he’s still smoking because he’s got this big-fish, little-pond thing going,” one NFC executive said. “I don’t see him going in the first round, and a lot of teams have him off their board completely.”

If Janoris Jenkins is on the board at #33, do you take him? You at least have to seriously consider it dont you?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Per JT, Ta'amu was in the house for a visit. So glad they are looking at him.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:

+100000000000

If we pass on him with both our 2nd round picks I'd be disappointed. Assuming we dont draft a DT in the first

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
DR RAM said:

Yes, I want that guy in HORNS!

As far as Jenkins, take a look at him? NOPE

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Jenkins is such a tough call. Theres a lot of baggage there. I dont know what to make of this recent information coming out about him. It could be a smokescreen, but is anyone suprised by this information? Im not lol.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
JdashSTL said:
Jenkins is such a tough call. Theres a lot of baggage there. I dont know what to make of this recent information coming out about him. It could be a smokescreen, but is anyone suprised by this information? Im not lol.

You want find anybody willing to give someone a second chance more than me but I'm not into that 5th, 6th, 7th chance thing very much. This kid has trouble stamped all over him and will require a babysitter to keep him off suspension IF even that would help. No thanks. The Rams can't afford to spend a premium draft pick on a guy like that. And they don't need that whole "Pacman" drama show that comes with it.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:
JdashSTL said:

You want find anybody willing to give someone a second chance more than me but I'm not into that 5th, 6th, 7th chance thing very much. This kid has trouble stamped all over him and will require a babysitter to keep him off suspension IF even that would help. No thanks. The Rams can't afford to spend a premium draft pick on a guy like that. And they don't need that whole "Pacman" drama show that comes with it.

So when do you think its ok to take a chance on him? Im assuming you wouldnt wanna use either of our 2nd round picks. IMO, I dont think he falls past the 2nd round, but if he did would you consider him in the 3rd round? 4th round?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
JdashSTL said:
Ramhusker said:
JdashSTL said:

So when do you think its ok to take a chance on him? Im assuming you wouldnt wanna use either of our 2nd round picks. IMO, I dont think he falls past the 2nd round, but if he did would you consider him in the 3rd round? 4th round?

That's just it. I wouldn't take the chance. He's not going to be there in the third I don't think. The odds are the Rams could still get a contributing player in the 3rd and 4th. The kid has skills and a team that can afford to take the gamble might hit pay dirt. The Rams can't afford to take the chance. Someone like the Eagles who have two 2nd round picks at 14th and 19th I think might be such a team.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
steferfootball said:
Am I the only one that loves David DeCastro?

Nope. I really like him too. I dont know if he fits at 6 tho. The 5 elite talents and Blackmon are all prioritized over him. Maybe a DT too. He could very well be the BPA at 6 IMO but he wont be drafted in the top 10.

If we were to trade down a few spots, he'd become my top choice.

steferfootball

Starter
libertadrocks said:
steferfootball said:
Am I the only one that loves David DeCastro?

Nope. I really like him too. I dont know if he fits at 6 tho. The 5 elite talents and Blackmon are all prioritized over him. Maybe a DT too. He could very well be the BPA at 6 IMO but he wont be drafted in the top 10.

If we were to trade down a few spots, he'd become my top choice.
Oh, I agree. Though I wouldn't be mad if we took him at 6. I feel like he is going to be a Steve Hutchinson-esk player.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
According to STATS X-Info, Virginia Tech RB David Wilson led the nation in yards after contact in 2011.

Wilson's 990 yards after contact were 267 more than Trent Richardson's, and the sample size isn't skewed. Wilson had 290 carries to Richardson's 283. According to the National Football Post's Dan Pompei, the STATS X-Info is being used by "several teams" preparing for the draft in two weeks.

steferfootball

Starter
libertadrocks said:
According to STATS X-Info, Virginia Tech RB David Wilson led the nation in yards after contact in 2011.

Wilson's 990 yards after contact were 267 more than Trent Richardson's, and the sample size isn't skewed. Wilson had 290 carries to Richardson's 283. According to the National Football Post's Dan Pompei, the STATS X-Info is being used by "several teams" preparing for the draft in two weeks.
I have a Madden My Player who rushed for around 2400 yards, about 65% of which was yards after contact. The guy was a beast.

On topic: That is impressive. 2nd round is a good place for a RB.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Really cool path to the draft type documentary on Chris Polk(RB) out of UW. My favorite 3rd round RB. He doesnt have a high ceiling IMO, but he could be a good RB2 or RB1b for a lot of years.

Can be found here:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/18604643/before-the-beginning-with-chris-polk

Here's the embed, if any of y'all know how to do that.
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/40271954?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
steferfootball said:
I have a Madden My Player who rushed for around 2400 yards, about 65% of which was yards after contact. The guy was a beast.

Can we get THAT guy in the 2nd? Sorry - guess I'm just in smart ass mode until the draft (yeah - cuz that'll change after the draft :what: ). I just can't wait to see what they do with the picks. New regime - new course of action. SOOOOO hope it is kick ass.

steferfootball

Starter
RamFan503 said:
steferfootball said:

Can we get THAT guy in the 2nd? Sorry - guess I'm just in smart ass mode until the draft (yeah - cuz that'll change after the draft :what: ). I just can't wait to see what they do with the picks. New regime - new course of action. SOOOOO hope it is kick ass.
Actually, I was drafted in the third round. I managed to take the Jaguars to the Superbowl at 18-0. I think it is on rookie mode, because I really suck at video games.

I'm starting to get giddy for the draft. Can't Wait!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
steferfootball said:
RamFan503 said:
steferfootball said:

Actually, I was drafted in the third round. I managed to take the Jaguars to the Superbowl at 18-0. I think it is on rookie mode, because I really suck at video games.

I'm starting to get giddy for the draft. Can't Wait!

:7up: Love it.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I found this report interesting:

One NFC executive told Yahoo Sports that he wouldn't use a top-ten pick on Alabama RB Trent Richardson because the NFL no longer features running backs.

The exec conceded that he "loves" Richardson and called him "a great football player," comparing Richardson to former No. 1 overall pick George Rogers. "If you're asking me if I'd take him in the top-10 picks, the answer is no. Not the way the game is played today," said the executive. "It kind of hurts me to say it, but that's just reality. ... It's not a running back league anymore."

Depending on who is on the board at 6 TRich may not be my top guy, but I would feel fortunate to get him. He is a tremendous talent. Best since AD. I get that it's not a RB league anymore but he is an exceptional prospect.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
I found this report interesting:

One NFC executive told Yahoo Sports that he wouldn't use a top-ten pick on Alabama RB Trent Richardson because the NFL no longer features running backs.

The exec conceded that he "loves" Richardson and called him "a great football player," comparing Richardson to former No. 1 overall pick George Rogers. "If you're asking me if I'd take him in the top-10 picks, the answer is no. Not the way the game is played today," said the executive. "It kind of hurts me to say it, but that's just reality. ... It's not a running back league anymore."

Depending on who is on the board at 6 TRich may not be my top guy, but I would feel fortunate to get him. He is a tremendous talent. Best since AD. I get that it's not a RB league anymore but he is an exceptional prospect.
Personally, I think that's horse shit. All due respect to whoever said that. But you can't possibly expect to have a strong passing game without a good running game. It just doesn't work like that. You NEED to have that balance if you want teams to stay off of your QB, or if you want to close out games and eat clock when you need to. You also need to set up the pass with the run, and you need to set up the run with the pass. I don't buy, for one minute, that the league is this one-dimensional. No sir.