Raiders at Rams - Preseason Game 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Perkins staked his claim to QB3. Question is if you keep him on the roster or put him on the practice squad.
Gotta think part of the plan on letting Perkins play the whole game was to keep him on the 53. With how well Perkins played, no guarantee they could stash him on the PS.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Xavier Jones looks like a much better runner than funk. He glides across the field. Can't wait to see him with the starters.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Atwell looks like he's the easiest wr to bring down in the league.
Same goes for the RB's. Our offense, once you get beyond a few guys among the starters, is soft. Well, not really soft but not physical. Our receivers are route running, smart good hands guys but not physical. Higbee is physical but beyond him? The OL will have to play meaner this year IMO.

That Akers injury is really starting to concern me. I hope this offense isn't too finesse this season.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'd have just gone empty and called a normal red zone passing play. Perkins can either hit a guy quickly for a TD or try to run it in.
That would work, like we used to do with Watkins. If they wanted to go to Harris no matter what, maybe have him do a slam block then cut outside along the goal line, those plays have a very high % of working, much better than a damn fade. Wish we ran those more, not sure i've ever seen McVay call for one. Use a RB too fk it.

TexasRam

Legend
A lot of bright spots tonight. Garrett looks like a game wrecker. Perkins looks to me like a guy who could be pushing Wolford for #2 sooner rather than later. I'd like to see Perks with the #1's.

Atwell showed toughness but my arrow is pointing down on this kid. Game plan tonite was to force feed him touches. I wish that deep ball INT hadn't been under thrown. I still wasn't impressed with his game though. I think some of the other WR's buried on the depth chart showed out better than Tutu.
No question. Akers, Koski were creating serious seperation all night. And we havent really even seen Skow in preseason.

Tutu did catch the ball in traffic though, ill give him that. Just don't see him enduring a regular season. His route running in the short and medium game in no where near Koski and Akers.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
QB and TE 2 baby :D Ok maybe not QB2 but yes to Harris being there, honestly there's nobody else that inspires any confidence at the spot.
Interesting. Just three years ago Higbee and Everett were staples of the Ram offense. I remember them well from the infamous 100 point game. Those were the only two I knew until tonight when I saw Harris. Dude is an interesting player.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
WavyYellowIbex-max-1mb.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm just gonna start telling myself Harris was our 2nd round pick. :laugh4:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same goes for the RB's. Our offense, once you get beyond a few guys among the starters, is soft. Well, not really soft but not physical. Our receivers are route running, smart good hands guys but not physical. Higbee is physical but beyond him? The OL will have to play meaner this year IMO.

That Akers injury is really starting to concern me. I hope this offense isn't too finesse this season.
I'd call Kupp and Woods physical. They're not 6'4" 230 pound guys, but both guys block well, are strong, and do not go down easily. But yes, this offense is one of finesse. We don't have a lot of size.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We'll see more of Anderson
Xavier Jones, JAG
Calais, JAG
Anderson, JAG
Funk, JAG

I do think Funk is worth developing. I'm not knocking the Rams or these players either. Akers/Henderson is a solid pair so expecting these depth kids to be special is unrealistic.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No question. Akers, Koski were creating serious seperation all night. And we havent really even seen Skow in preseason.

Tutu did catch the ball in traffic though, ill give him that. Just don't see him enduring a regular season. His route running in the short and medium game in no where near Koski and Akers.
It doesn't have to be. When we drafted him, I tried to tell people that Tutu is raw. He's not a refined route runner at this stage. What the guy has is world class speed and agility. Those are two things Koski and Akers don't have. And those are two traits that will play when the starters are on the field.

Tutu has developing to do, and I'm concerned about his ability to stay healthy, but he's a much better talent than guys like Koski and Akers. Keep in mind that there's a very large difference between separating against practice squadders and camp fodder playing in vanilla defenses and guys like Darious Williams and Jalen Ramsey.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Xavier Jones, JAG
Calais, JAG
Anderson, JAG
Funk, JAG

I do think Funk is worth developing. I'm not knocking the Rams or these players either. Akers/Henderson is a solid pair so expecting these depth kids to be special is unrealistic.
Yeah, I remain on the "we need another HB" bandwagon. Jones and Funk don't seem like guys who can carry the load if Hendo gets hurt. And Funk looked completely lost on blitz pickups tonight.

TexasRam

Legend
Perkins was impressive with his poise and processing, especially being so inexperienced at this level.

I know Talib was trying to talk the kid up but really he might not have the arm to make it at the NFL level.

Many of his passes were too soft. Starting NFL DB's would have picked several balls off tonight because they were late, just as some have pointed out on this thread. It's not that he is late to the throw, its the throw is too slow.

If Perkins can be taught to throw with more zip then he might have a chance.

You can't be so careful with each throw.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd call Kupp and Woods physical. They're not 6'4" 230 pound guys, but both guys block well, are strong, and do not go down easily. But yes, this offense is one of finesse. We don't have a lot of size.
Good point with their elite blocking. I think you know what i'm talking about though. Big physical receivers that fight for the ball and run through tackles in YAC. TE's that seal consistently and run through LB's, and of course a RB like Akers who gets an extra yard or two when there's nowhere to go.

Finesse is fine as long as that's not all we can do this year. Wrong division.