QB Carousel Could Be Crazy This Year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tom Terrific Cheater is DONE "winning" anymore Super Bowls. No matter who is dumb enough to sign him.
He's signing with the Raiders, you know it, I know it and the American people know it. Brady's ego is big enough that if he can beat Mahomes & Herbert plus another Super Bowl, there will be truly nothing left.

I agree, he's going to fail miserably and I love it, but in fairness, I have always wanted him to fail and he continues to be a thorn in my side. I was wondering years later, like my Grandson Max for example, if he asks me ten years from now about Tom Brady, would that be like asking a Confederate Soldier about Lincoln?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He's signing with the Raiders, you know it, I know it and the American people know it. Brady's ego is big enough that if he can beat Mahomes & Herbert plus another Super Bowl, there will be truly nothing left.
He won't but even if he miraculously did, what would be left? Burrow and Allen. I could never trash a guy who wants to play (or keep playing) but at what point do you realize, the story, the legend, TGOAT is over the course of a 23 year career. Not year 24. I wouldn't rank him in the top 10 and probably not the top 15. He's become a JAG with a long history.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Tom Terrific Cheater is DONE "winning" anymore Super Bowls. No matter who is dumb enough to sign him.

He absolutely refuses to take a hit now. He is more concerned about that than completing a pass. He just fires the ball out now regardless if the receiver has a chance. Getting the ball the fuck out of his hand faster than a mutha fucka will not win shit... especially come playoff time.

Just look at his losing record this year and that pitiful performance in Tampon against the girls if you need confirmation.
#TomBradyLover

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If the Evil-49ers don't win the Super Bowl, I could absolutely see Brady going to San Francisco.

That may be the last thing I ever see, as I might scratch-out my eyes at that point.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
If the Evil-49ers don't win the Super Bowl, I could absolutely see Brady going to San Francisco.

That may be the last thing I ever see, as I might scratch-out my eyes at that point.
Worst nightmare for the Rams would be the Niners getting either Brady or Rodgers. Purdy is doing a stellar job for a rookie but I doubt that sitting him for a year or so behind either of those guys would be a problem for SF.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

He absolutely refuses to take a hit now. He is more concerned about that than completing a pass. He just fires the ball out now regardless if the receiver has a chance. Getting the ball the fuck out of his hand faster than a mutha fucka will not win shit... especially come playoff time.

Just look at his losing record this year and that pitiful performance in Tampon against the girls if you need confirmation.
Chuck and duck…

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's signing with the Raiders, you know it, I know it and the American people know it.
I expect you are going to be correct on this. He is like any QB in that he must be in a system and under an OC who can utilize his skills well, and McDaniel for all his ridiculousness is an offensive mind who meets that objective.

Also and btw one thing nobody is talking about is the fact McDaniels installed the EP offense in Vegas last year. Generally going to a new system that is completely different in its terminology can result in less than spectacular results in the first season. Brady knows that system cold. He would give McD a QB who is fully all in with it and who knows all the checks and protection calls cold.

Re: the EP offense I think it is the future for one big reason: it is the most efficient packaging of play information of today's offensive systems. They all do the same shit. You can run the same routes and combinations. You can run whatever blocking and protections you want under all systems. Only difference in them is the terminology and from that perspective it is unparalleled in its efficiency. Take a standard WCO call and convert that shit to EP and it's a short and quick call. So it's only a matter of time before that becomes the standard IMO.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

NFL execs see Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers as front runners in Lamar Jackson trade​

While there will be many suitors in a potential Lamar Jackson trade, it seems that the Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers are the odds-on favorites, among many NFL executives, to land the former MVP if the Baltimore Ravens make him available.

One of the biggest stories in the upcoming NFL offseason will be the future of superstar quarterback Lamar Jackson. The 26-year-old will be a free agent, however, the Ravens are expected to use their franchise tag on him. Whether they use an exclusive or non-exclusive tag, it is far from a guarantee that he will remain on the roster next season.

Jackson represents himself and he has reportedly been steadfast in his desire to land a guaranteed contract, similar to what the Cleveland Browns gave Deshaun Watson last spring. Yet, it seems that Baltimore isn’t ready to agree to such a deal, which is a rarity when it comes to NFL contracts.

With the two sides far apart, there is a distinct possibility the Ravens could look to trade him before next season, and it seems that two NFC South teams are seen as perfect landing spots in a potential Lamar Jackson trade.

Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers seen as likely Lamar Jackson trade partners

On Wednesday, Washington Post NFL insider Jason La Canfora reported on conversations he recently had with executives around the league about the Lamar Jackson situation. As well as what could be the cost of a trade. In those conversations, La Canfora discovered a common choice among league execs as a likely landing spot is a pair of teams in the NFC South.

“The executives I spoke with kept coming back to two NFC South teams as potential Jackson landing spots: the Atlanta Falcons and the Carolina Panthers. Both missed out on Deshaun Watson a year ago — but not without a significant fight. Both have a need at quarterback, both markets could use a jolt, and neither owner is afraid to spend.”

– Jason La Confora on Lamar Jackson trade marketnone

The Atlanta Falcons used a third-round pick in 2022 on Cincinnati star Desmond Ridder, and let him make the team’s final four starts of the season. However, he did not show the sort of signs needed to give the team confidence he could be their long-term answer at the quarterback position.

The Carolina Panthers are badly in need of a QB after trades for Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield over the last two seasons failed miserably.

Lamar Jackson stats (2022): 12 games, 2,242 passing yards, 17 TD, 7 INT, 764 rushing yards

The belief among the executives La Confora spoke with is that sending Jackson out of the AFC would be preferred by the Ravens, and a coach or general manager feeling the pressure to find an answer at QB now could play a large role in the eventual trade destination.
If there’s a trade, Atlanta and Carolina make sense. Both were in on Watson, so both would figure to be willing to give up significant draft pick compensation.

For me the question is whether either owner would be willing to give Jackson a fully guaranteed contract. If so, the impact on the NFL could be major.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Carr to Carolina with Reich there now?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Aaron Rodgers, Packers at crossroads as trade remains possible​

An offseason trade of Aaron Rodgers remains an option for the Green Bay Packers for a variety of reasons, league sources told ESPN.

A scenario that once seemed unthinkable, a Rodgers trade could be driven by financial reasons, the state of the Packers franchise and ultimately the feelings of the team and the star quarterback.

League sources believe the franchise prefers to move on from Rodgers, just as it once did with Brett Favre. Those sources also believe that Rodgers is well aware of the Packers' feelings on the situation.

Rodgers said during an interview this past week with "The Pat McAfee Show" that he is "open to all honest and direct conversations" with the Packers and that a trade "wouldn't offend me, and it wouldn't make me feel like a victim."

Rodgers also noted in the interview that a possible trade, at this point, is "conjecture" until he decides what he wants to do "moving forward for myself."

But regardless of Rodgers' decision, changes are coming to Green Bay -- it's just a matter of how extensive they will be. Rodgers himself quipped during the interview: "Is it a reload or a rebuild?"

The Packers currently are projected to be more than $16 million over next season's salary cap and have a list of impending free agents that includes some of Rodgers' closest friends on the team: Randall Cobb, Marcedes Lewis, Robert Tonyan, Allen Lazard and Mason Crosby.

Aaron Jones also is slated to have a cap number of $20 million, and the Packers could save $10.4 million against the cap if they were to cut or trade the star running back. Green Bay also could save $16 million if it designated Jones as a post-June 1 cut.

So this is a Packers franchise at a crossroads -- no more so than at quarterback, where Rodgers is due $59.5 million in guaranteed money this year and another $49.25 million in 2024.

The Packers used a very complex contract structure with Rodgers when the sides agreed on an extension last offseason. Of the guaranteed money owed to Rodgers in 2023, $58.3 million of it is structured as an option bonus. The window to exercise that option is from the first day of the new league year (March 15) until one day before Green Bay's regular-season opener in September.

By including that option bonus in Rodgers' contract, both sides have more than enough time to find a trade partner. Once the option is exercised, Rodgers' cap number for 2023 would be $31,623,570.

While Rodgers is due close to $110 million in guaranteed money over the next two years -- money he is not expected to walk away from -- the Packers also have to decide on quarterback Jordan Love's fifth-year option that would be worth roughly $20 million fully guaranteed by May 1.

Love flashed in mop-up action in a game against Philadelphia this past season, completing 6 of 9 passes for 113 yards and a touchdown.

"They drafted my replacement, and if I didn't win two COVID MVPs, this conversation probably would've happened earlier," Rodgers said during the interview Tuesday. "But in a year where I'm not going to win MVP, it allows for all the different conjectures of if Jordan is ready and if it's time to move on."

Rodgers, 39, ultimately has a major voice in what he wants to do in 2023 -- whether that's playing Green Bay or another team, or retirement. At no time during his comments on "The Pat McAfee Show" or to reporters at the end of the season did Rodgers declare he would be back in Green Bay. In fact, his words and actions have demonstrated otherwise.

Rodgers, who has spent his entire 18-year career with the Packers, was said to be emotional on the field during pregame warmups before Green Bay's season-ending loss at Lambeau Field to the Detroit Lions.

After the game, Rodgers declined Lions rookie wide receiver Jameson Williams' request for his No. 12 jersey, saying "I'm gonna hold on to this one," before walking off the field, looking up at the Lambeau crowd and entering the tunnel with his arm wrapped around Cobb's shoulder.

Rodgers tops a list of quarterbacks facing major offseason questions that includes Tom Brady, Lamar Jackson, Derek Carr and Jimmy Garoppolo.

If this situation feels familiar for Green Bay, it should. Favre was 38 years old at the time Green Bay traded him to the New York Jets and was 39 while playing his first season away from the Packers.

There would be substantial interest in Rodgers' services across the league should the Packers decide to trade him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What do you guys think of this decision?
It's the only decision they could make.
I'm not a fan of Fields, but they have so many needs, they have a real opportunity to gain some draft capital and build around him.
Doesnt hurt that there isnt a consensus #1, franchise QB in the draft either. If Caleb Williams had been draft eligible, would be a different story

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That didn't age well.

Love your confidence though!
I honestly didn't think he was going to retire and felt it was a done deal with McDaniels and why they were parting ways with Carr.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I honestly didn't think he was going to retire and felt it was a done deal with McDaniels and why they were parting ways with Carr.
Although I agree that Vegas makes a lot of sense, I still think that he ends up in Frisco with the Whiners. Just makes too much sense. NTM he has frequently expressed his desire to play in the backyard of where it all started back in high school.
Just not convinced he is actually retired....

~ArkyRamsFan~

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Although I agree that Vegas makes a lot of sense, I still think that he ends up in Frisco with the Whiners. Just makes too much sense. NTM he has frequently expressed his desire to play in the backyard of where it all started back in high school.
Just not convinced he is actually retired....

~ArkyRamsFan~
San Fran was always a destination and I would be shocked if he came back a second time. However, I could see if the 49ers get hit with multiple injuries during preseason, they might make a call and then Brady could say, it wasn't him, it was them.