Professional Boxing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
BTW after beer # and watching Duran Sugar Ray 1 ,google Foreman Ron Lyle Wow Pow lol

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
And for me to end my best beer drinking a$$ end this lol

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Roy Jones is the best boxer ever.

I love Trinidad cause he was a come from behind guy again and again.

All Great Fighters get defeated lol. Felix won 3 weight classes
There's so much I can stay is No lol

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well last I heard he was in Cincinnati clean and staying that way.
Well, unfortunately he passed away in 2016. Great fighter couldn’t beat the damage to his heart

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's with all of this minor league boxing talk? (weight classes below the heavyweight division...)*flexes

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Trinidad beat his 1st 40 fights and beat many very good fighters. Limited Skills Doubt It.

I'm not saying he was a bum. That being said, he was very reliant on guys standing right in front of him and was susceptible to skillful boxers who he couldn't overpower. De La Hoya was outboxing him and could have easily won that fight had he not tried to coast the last few rounds. Bernard Hopkins completely exposed his weaknesses, as did Winky Wright.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Boxing was the sport when I was a kid. Last fight I watched was Pacquiao/Mayweather, which reminded me why i had no interest
Much more interested in UFC although the ESPN deal is killing the sport.
Fortunate to have seen so many greats, from Tyson to Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler (I still think he won the fight) Hearns, Benitez were all great.
Aaron Pryor and Alexis Arguello had some amazing fights, Pryor is one of the most under rated fighters of all time.
loved watching Barry McGuigan fight, seemingly broke his nose in every fight lol.
Sadly I can remember where I was when i watched the Ray Boom Boom Mancini vs Duk Koo Kim fight.
too many divisions, mass corruption and the fall of Tyson pretty much ended my affection For the sport.
I was definitely drawn back in to boxing with the Trilogy between Irish Micky Ward and Arturo Gatti, but really had no interest after that
Mayweather had great hand speed reactions etc etc, would I pay to see him, Hell No.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I'm not saying he was a bum. That being said, he was very reliant on guys standing right in front of him and was susceptible to skillful boxers who he couldn't overpower. De La Hoya was outboxing him and could have easily won that fight had he not tried to coast the last few rounds. Bernard Hopkins completely exposed his weaknesses, as did Winky Wright.
There is a bunch your missing, like how many guys won 3 different titles in weight class, going 40 and 0,the 140 lb Trinidad was fighting a guy that would move up to what 180 190. Hopkins was and is 1 of the smartest boxers ever period.Yet he got his a@@ handed to him a few times.So did Ali, so did Roy Jones so did etc etc etc and on it goes.

In the last 60 years no fighter except for Mayweather has gone undefeated.And for those that believe Da La Hoya beat Trinidad lmfao, tell Oscar fight don;t run lol....

Every fighter comes to an end,it;s just they keep fighting, move up in weight etc etc, can you think of Duran staying at 135, Trinidad at 140.instead of fighting Hopkins at 154.

So again name me a fighter that moved up 3 weight classes and won world titles in all 3.It' a very very short list.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't Lloyd Honeyghan beat Don Curry? Honeyghan was ironed out by Mark Breland a while after that, he was a good fighter. The best punch I think I ever saw was Julian Jackson on Herol "Bomber" Graham, he was getting schooled for four rounds then wallop. Graham sparko before he hit the canvas. Good one to look up on YouTube that. As for watching old fights, Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClennan was an absolute war (apologies if it's already been mentioned on here). Benn should have been counted out early on but got lucky and went on to win. McClennan not so lucky with the injuries he ended up with although by all accounts he was quite an unsavoury character.

fearsomefour

Legend
Mayweather had great hand speed reactions etc etc, would I pay to see him, Hell No.
I paid to see him plenty of times.
I know people thought he was boring.....which his fights could be boring....but, I enjoyed his tactical style
Hitting the other guy and not getting hit is a problem solid plan.
I enjoyed watching him fight.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was in Chicago in 2011 when Mayweather fought a Mexican chap whose name escapes me. The Mexican put a nut on Mayweather in the corner, bit naughty. Then Floyd decked him when he was looking at the ref still.L after getting a telling off. All quite funny as was the interview afterwards with the old boy in the ring. Say what you like about Mayweather, he’s a master of his art you’ve got to give him that.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't Lloyd Honeyghan beat Don Curry? Honeyghan was ironed out by Mark Breland a while after that, he was a good fighter. The best punch I think I ever saw was Julian Jackson on Herol "Bomber" Graham, he was getting schooled for four rounds then wallop. Graham sparko before he hit the canvas. Good one to look up on YouTube that. As for watching old fights, Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClennan was an absolute war (apologies if it's already been mentioned on here). Benn should have been counted out early on but got lucky and went on to win. McClennan not so lucky with the injuries he ended up with although by all accounts he was quite an unsavoury character.
You guys fight over there. I thought you just stuck your tongues out at the French now and then.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I was in Chicago in 2011 when Mayweather fought a Mexican chap whose name escapes me. The Mexican put a nut on Mayweather in the corner, bit naughty. Then Floyd decked him when he was looking at the ref still.L after getting a telling off. All quite funny as was the interview afterwards with the old boy in the ring. Say what you like about Mayweather, he’s a master of his art you’ve got to give him that.
I believe your posting about the David Ortiz fight... Ortiz was sorry for the foul, went went up to Floyd to touch gloves with his hands down and Floyd KOs hm...Class Move there Floyd..:shock:

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I paid to see him plenty of times.
I know people thought he was boring.....which his fights could be boring....but, I enjoyed his tactical style
Hitting the other guy and not getting hit is a problem solid plan.
I enjoyed watching him fight.
My biggest problem with him was he avoided fighters when they were on their primes,example Pacman...

Never did like fighters that stuck jab jap run around and repeated repeated it again and again. Just me maybe lol

fearsomefour

Legend
My biggest problem with him was he avoided fighters when they were on their primes,example Pacman...

Never did like fighters that stuck jab jap run around and repeated repeated it again and again. Just me maybe lol
Most top fighters dodge guys.
Pac-Man was also custom made for Floyd’s style.
I don’t think he ever had a chance of beating Floyd other than landing a punchers shot.
Basically no chance once he was older.

fearsomefour

Legend
I believe your posting about the David Ortiz fight... Ortiz was sorry for the foul, went went up to Floyd to touch gloves with his hands down and Floyd KOs hm...Class Move there Floyd..:shock:
He wasn’t sorry for the foul he was cheap on purpose.
Protect yourself at all times.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
He wasn’t sorry for the foul he was cheap on purpose.
Protect yourself at all times.
He did headbutt twice, but he was apologizing.

Btw his name is Victor Ortiz and there's a vid on YouTube.