Pro Wrestling Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True but we got AJ Styles and Sami Zayn instead. I'd prefer that over some old guy to stroke the nostalgia for one night only. They can have the road agents come on tv, say their catchphrases, beat up on Heath Slater, and leave anytime.
Say what you want for the "nostalgia crew", like myself, but WWE is selling its soul to the streaming generation, and therefore excluding many of its "old timers". Like me
WWE insistence on its self promotion for internal growth is one thing, but it drive me nuts, and pushes folks like me away from the product. And I've been a pretty loyal fan for some 40 years
WWE rewards the fans who invest in the WWE network, not those who watch Raw/Smackdown. I don't follow NXT, Im not a streamer for viewing. I'd prefer to pay $60 for a pay per view that I can record and watch on any of my tv.
So yeah, for an "old timer" like me, I like to see a surprise contestant make a splash and split. But alas, I'm not the target audience. WWE makes that clear.
That said, I cant recall WWE having injuries to so many big stars simultaneously. No Orton, Cena, Rollins, Bryan etc.
And they cant seem to get the WWE universe to embrace Roman Reigns

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think some people enjoy complaining about things far more than they enjoy the actual things sometimes, or maybe I'm just cynical and everything really does suck.

Problem is with today's WWE is that it doesn't suck, they just make it suck. Like instead of actual feuds for titles they waste time with irrelevant guys like Heath Slater getting their ass kicked by Flo Rida and the Dudley Boyz. Huh?

When was the last time 2 guys fought for the WWE title simply b/c they wanted to be champion? This whole "authority picking their guy as champ" shtick has been going on for a few years now and is boring.

Say what you want for the "nostalgia crew", like myself, but WWE is selling its soul to the streaming generation, and therefore excluding many of its "old timers". Like me
WWE insistence on its self promotion for internal growth is one thing, but it drive me nuts, and pushes folks like me away from the product. And I've been a pretty loyal fan for some 40 years
WWE rewards the fans who invest in the WWE network, not those who watch Raw/Smackdown. I don't follow NXT, Im not a streamer for viewing. I'd prefer to pay $60 for a pay per view that I can record and watch on any of my tv.
So yeah, for an "old timer" like me, I like to see a surprise contestant make a splash and split. But alas, I'm not the target audience. WWE makes that clear.
That said, I cant recall WWE having injuries to so many big stars simultaneously. No Orton, Cena, Rollins, Bryan etc.
And they cant seem to get the WWE universe to embrace Roman Reigns

I think you missed my point. I personally don't mind seeing old folks come in, its just they can do it anytime. Remember when Diesel was a surprise entrant? Yeah what happened after? Exactly. They finally gave a chance for new guys to shine in this year's Rumble and they have to for the future. We're now at the point where the era of John Cena and Randy Orton has passed. I don't buy the network either. Not worth it IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you missed my point. I personally don't mind seeing old folks come in, its just they can do it anytime. Remember when Diesel was a surprise entrant? Yeah what happened after? Exactly. They finally gave a chance for new guys to shine in this year's Rumble and they have to for the future. We're now at the point where the era of John Cena and Randy Orton has passed. I don't buy the network either. Not worth it IMO.
They gave new guys a chance to shine? Remind me again, who won?

Angry Ram

They gave new guys a chance to shine? Remind me again, who won?

Wyatts (come on who else has made Brock their bitch), Sami Zayn, AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, and of course Roman Reigns I don't like Triple H winning either, my point is these guys I mentioned had their moments and created stories. That's all I'm saying.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wyatts (come on who else has made Brock their bitch), Sami Zayn, AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, and of course Roman Reigns I don't like Triple H winning either, my point is these guys I mentioned had their moments and created stories. That's all I'm saying.
I'm coming off as much more arguementive then I mean to be.
I don't follow NXT because i don't have access to the network.
I would have like to have seen an old timer out there, why can't Stone Cold make an appearance
Hated the HHH angle.
I hope Rollins knee heals good and they bring him back in a prominent role. He's phenomenal wrestler.

Angry Ram

I'm coming off as much more arguementive then I mean to be.

Nah, its just discussion. Much better than the weirdos on wrestling forums themselves.

I don't follow NXT because i don't have access to the network.

I don't either, I just know the NXT guys have a ton of talent.

I would have like to have seen an old timer out there, why can't Stone Cold make an appearance

Stone Cold is in the same boat as Edge. Neck injuries.

Hated the HHH angle.

Yup, it encompasses the whole Authority snoozefests. I still think the younger guys that fought in the Rumble had their moments.

I hope Rollins knee heals good and they bring him back in a prominent role. He's phenomenal wrestler.

Yup. Fun fact, I actually got to meet him at Comic Con. Him and Charlotte! See...

Attachments

• 1932235_2787128724541_6639627376792379322_n.jpg
    1932235_2787128724541_6639627376792379322_n.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 232

Angry Ram

Meh I never really gotten on the full Daniel Bryan hype train. But man, if WWE booked him more like a credible champion they could've had a huge star, albiet short lived.

But it does show too all the "wrestling is fake" types that the business does take serious physical and mental tolls on their bodies.

Angry Ram

Raw tonight was fun. I was entertained. See what happens when they book shit right? The wrestlers didn't change, its just good storytelling.

Angry Ram

Good grief Wrestlemania was a snooze fest.

The network was glitchy with terrible definition (seriously looked like 240p that buffered constantly). And it chose to do that at the worst possible time (the Shane/Taker match).

Matches were slow. The best match was the women's title and even that finish was ruined.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Yeah it was let down that's for sure. Weird choices throughout the show. Shane jumping off that cage though.

Nxt had the better night with takeover.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watched a couple matches and turned it off. Opted for the disappointment of the Walking Dead finale instead
Love Stone Cold, but boy he looked old

Name
Troy
I miss wrasslin' the way it was. Outside of watching it here and there over the years post-2004 (like in 2005 after Eddie passed away, or when "DX" 'reuninted' in '06 or the unspeakable that happened in June 2007), I started watching in the late summer of 2010 again with one of my friends one evening. The night the Nexus went crazy and destroyed everyone. I feel like the Nexus could've been the greatest stable in the history of pro wrasslin', but John Cena played a big part in burying them (before anybody calls me out for "Cena bashing", I believe either Edge or Chris Jericho delivered a personal anecdote on this time period).

Got tired of the product again in late 2010, but was hooked all over again when The Rock returned in early 2011. Then the CM Punk shindig happened in the summer of 2011. I LOVED IT. Aaaand then Triple H took a dump on the fire Punk was bringing, and that was really that. The last Mania I watched was 30, when Daniel Bryan won the title. It's a shame injuries took his career.

Just can't stand the product now. No matter how many good up and comers one might say there are, Vince will feed the audience whoever he wants at the end of the day.