Pro Wrestling Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
That isn't true.

Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Ryback are some guys I can think of.

I said before, I don't like John Cena's cheesy character. Doesn't mean he is a bad superstar or shouldn't be booked. Besides, he hasn't been nearly as dominant the last couple years. Compare that to say, 2005-2007.

There's a point, where was Ambrose at the last PPV?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. Besides, he hasn't been nearly as dominant the last couple years. Compare that to say, 2005-2007.

Wait, what?
Back to back Wrestlemania feud's with the rock, has held the "unified" WWE heavyweight belt, beat the previously undefeated Rusef and is reigning US Champion.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
There's a point, where was Ambrose at the last PPV?

One miss at a PPV doesn't mean Dean isn't a top booked guy. He's very much in the top tier and is on tv quite a bit.

Wait, what?
Back to back Wrestlemania feud's with the rock, has held the "unified" WWE heavyweight belt, beat the previously undefeated Rusef and is reigning US Champion.

He also got destroyed by Brock, failed in his rematch, lost to Dean Ambrose, lost clean to a WWE rookie, and even tapped out to Alexander Rusev.

Whereas in the time period I mentioned, he would win every single thing. He would always be the WWE champion. That hasn't been the case in recent years.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One miss at a PPV doesn't mean Dean isn't a top booked guy. He's very much in the top tier and is on tv quite a bit.

He also got destroyed by Brock, failed in his rematch, lost to Dean Ambrose, lost clean to a WWE rookie, and even tapped out to Alexander Rusev.

Whereas in the time period I mentioned, he would win every single thing. He would always be the WWE champion. That hasn't been the case in recent years.
He didnt tap out, he passed out. Because John Cena NEVER taps out...
He's held a championship belt every year
In all his losses, he comes back and wins every time. Even after the Lesnar beat down, he came back and they went the DQ route with the Authority nonsense
Losing clean to the WWE rookie? He's won what, 3 times since? Its a joke. He lost to Owens and slapped him around the next night

Angry Ram

He didnt tap out, he passed out. Because John Cena NEVER taps out...
He's held a championship belt every year
In all his losses, he comes back and wins every time. Even after the Lesnar beat down, he came back and they went the DQ route with the Authority nonsense
Losing clean to the WWE rookie? He's won what, 3 times since? Its a joke. He lost to Owens and slapped him around the next night

1. OK, its still a loss.

2. Yeah, he's a top superstar. I don't see the issue there.

3. Of course, he's a good guy. Good guys end up on top. No different than any other good guy.

4. I agree about the night after KO beat him. I myself bitched about it. He beat him twice after. So the first time they were tied, and then it was the "rubber match". No different than Edge beating Kurt Angle or good guy Triple H over Randy Orton.

I can almost guarantee if John Cena had a different character no one would care this much.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can almost guarantee if John Cena had a different character no one would care this much.

100% agreement

He can be a heel without turning on the fans
He could have a losing streak
He got go Bob Backlund and "lose it" during matches

They could do a lot with his character, but its the same old boring deal

On a side note, I think they made a mistake with the Shield/Authority deal. Seth Rollins is wasted as a heel, he is a fantastic wrestler. I think Ambrose should have been the turncoat, he cuts better promos and isnt as good in the ring

And can we please bring back Bad News Barrett? I loved that angle

Lastly, in my 40+ years of WWE/WWF fandom, I have never been so down on the tag team sitch
They cant come up with anything better than what they have? The New Day is boring
And with the Divas popularity being on the high side, why not bring back a Divas tag team championship??

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
So the summerslam rumor is Rollins vs Cena for the wwe championship? Can the wwe be this stupid? The fatal 4 way for the U.S. Title would that you guys mention would have been nice.

Angry Ram

Hulk Hogan is getting the Chris Benoit treatment, which isn't fair, IMO.

But whatever, that dude probably can relax in his mansion for a while.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Just watched an interview with Punk from the last week, it's strange having mixed feelings, it's great to see him happy, and he seems to be in a good place. On the other hand I don't think we'll ever see him back in a WWE ring, which is sad.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Watching Takeover R:Brooklyn at the moment, good show so far, but man that Women's match :love: is Sasha Banks the best wrestler in the WWE at the moment? She currently has 3 of my top 10 matches of the year.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Watching Takeover R:Brooklyn at the moment, good show so far, but man that Women's match :love: is Sasha Banks the best wrestler in the WWE at the moment? She currently has 3 of my top 10 matches of the year.

I don't care for either of their characters but the match they put on was truly amazing. Could easily be my match of the year. Rest of the show was solid as well. Summer slam has it's work cut out for it.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
"D-Von, Get The Tables!"

That was a pretty awesome return, glad to see the boys back.

The sting return at the end of Raw was great too.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Is it strange that my most anticipated feud in the entire WWE is Bayley vs Emma? [Obviously not confirmed yet] they don't even have last names FFS, but the history is all there, Emma's capable of putting on a solid match, Bayley is capable of putting on an elite match, and they can tell a great story.

Probably just me then :(.