Pro Wrestling Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Is it strange that my most anticipated feud in the entire WWE is Bayley vs Emma? [Obviously not confirmed yet] they don't even have last names FFS, but the history is all there, Emma's capable of putting on a solid match, Bayley is capable of putting on an elite match, and they can tell a great story.

Probably just me then :(.

I'm surprised how good Emma was when givin the chance. If it happens it should be a good feud. Bayley puts on great matches just her character drives me crazy.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Just purchased my NXT Takeover R: UK tickets, £110 for 3rd row seats, fucking expensive but judging by every Takeover ever should be worth it.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Just purchased my NXT Takeover R: UK tickets, £110 for 3rd row seats, freaking expensive but judging by every Takeover ever should be worth it.

Jealous!! I was at the Raw 2 weeks before SSlam but I would have traded that for nxt in a heart beat.

FRO

Legend
I guess the success of NXT gives hope that WWE will improve once HHH takes over the whole operation. Right now wrestling has to be at one of its lowest points.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess the success of NXT gives hope that WWE will improve once HHH takes over the whole operation. Right now wrestling has to be at one of its lowest points.
It definately is at a crossroads, and I think WWE is really putting all of its eggs in the WWE Channel basket.
For the "old school" or "older generation" who dont watch online, (like myself) it has reached unwatchable status. I dont stream tv, so I dont follow NXT. Its a risk, but WWE has made some pretty good gambles. We'll see

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I've been off and on keeping up with WWE lately. It's not been good from what I've seen.

The Dolph Ziggler/Lana/Alexander Rusev/Summer Rae thing is forced high school nonsense. No one cares.

Why can't they just like Bray Wyatt just win some matches? It's hard to take him seriously when he rambles on about fear and whatnot when everyone knows he'll be on the losing end? Also, them facing Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose just doesn't have the same allure without Seth Rollins. I really wish they didn't break up Shield.

There needs to be some big spark. Now MNF is coming back, it's going to be a lot tougher for them to keep interest.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Just saw that Bayley/ Banks are the main event for the next nxt takeover in a 30 minute iron man match. Going to be hard for them to top that last match they had.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Anyone else imagine Paul Heyman counting sacks for us last night in the same way he does for Lesnar suplexes or just me?

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
So Night of Champions tonight...can't say I'm overly interested, probably watch it, but very meh.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Pretty poor PPV overall, but Seth Fucking Rollins is entertaining as hell.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty poor PPV overall, but Seth freaking Rollins is entertaining as hell.
I think I'd start watching if they'd let him perform already. Wont be a full face turn but would be good. Such a waste having him job wins

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Well that was certainly Survivor Series :sleep: I realised when watching Smackdown that they could possibly make 4 new main event stars if they wanted to. Good to see them go down the make Roman look strong route instead.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
So today is the day that
Styles debuts in the WWE? Having watched his career since the weekly PPV days of 2002 I can honestly say I'm hyped :D.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Signed up for a free month of WWE network to watch the Rumble, which is my favorite PPV outside of WrestleMania
What a joke
Triple H? And headlining WrestleMania?
Good grief

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Tuned in the last couple weeks as well for the rumble. Gotta say I was disappointed. Hhh winning is a joke. I was rooting for Wyatt, Owens, Brock, or Ambrose.

Aj styles seems cool, that was the first I've seen of him.

I'll probably watch here and there to see what they do for mania but I'm not getting my hopes up.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I think if you pretend that Roman Reigns and the authority don't exist that the product is actually quite enjoyable right now, NXT is awesome as usual, the Rumble featured a really good last man standing match, an entertaining women's match, which hopefully set up the Lynch vs Banks vs Flair Wrestlemania match, Kalisto is entertaining, not a New Day fan, but whatever, and the Rumble was really well booked with Ambrose wining it, Styles putting in a good show, Owens was awesome and it hopefully set up Zayn vs Owens for Mania.

Of course you shouldn't have to pretend that the biggest part of a show doesn't exist :mad:. And fuck Kevin Dunn, you're debuting a wrestler to arguably the biggest pop since Brock Lesnar came back, and rather than showing the entrance you show Reigns reacting to the entrance? To quote the Miz "Really?"

Aj styles seems cool, that was the first I've seen of him.

Some of my favourite AJ Styles matches :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z8M-i8bjKw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoK4QhC26FI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U28pyOAMXcI
^(favourite match of all time, any promotion.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUqZJ8USWmQ

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many times has New Day matched against the Uso's in the last year? 20? 30 times?
Last man standing match was great, thought the diva's match horrible
And I was vastly disappointed in the lack of surprise contestants in the rumble

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I disagree with the general public. I thought the Rumble itself was pretty fun. I like how they made little mini stories within the Rumble (Wyatts/Brock, Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens, etc). Hopefully that continues.

Triple H as the winner is boring, yes, but did anyone really think anyone else would win with how the story has been played out the past couple weeks? It's this stale Authority angle.

And I was vastly disappointed in the lack of surprise contestants in the rumble

True but we got AJ Styles and Sami Zayn instead. I'd prefer that over some old guy to stroke the nostalgia for one night only. They can have the road agents come on tv, say their catchphrases, beat up on Heath Slater, and leave anytime.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I think some people enjoy complaining about things far more than they enjoy the actual things sometimes, or maybe I'm just cynical and everything really does suck.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I think if you pretend that Roman Reigns and the authority don't exist that the product is actually quite enjoyable right now, NXT is awesome as usual, the Rumble featured a really good last man standing match, an entertaining women's match, which hopefully set up the Lynch vs Banks vs Flair Wrestlemania match, Kalisto is entertaining, not a New Day fan, but whatever, and the Rumble was really well booked with Ambrose wining it, Styles putting in a good show, Owens was awesome and it hopefully set up Zayn vs Owens for Mania.

I disagree with the general public. I thought the Rumble itself was pretty fun. I like how they made little mini stories within the Rumble (Wyatts/Brock, Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens, etc). Hopefully that continues.

Triple H as the winner is boring, yes, but did anyone really think anyone else would win with how the story has been played out the past couple weeks? It's this stale Authority angle.

I agree with most of this. Nxt has been solid and is the main reason I have the network.

The divas triple threat would be great. Banks got a huge pop that was pretty cool. The rumble itself was better than the last couple years for sure. Just didn't like the Roman injury angle, thought he would have looked stronger staying in most of the time. Especially after Ambrose and Owens tore it up and then had to pull double duty. That ending though... Wish someone else would have won, Roman vs triple h doesn't need the title on the line. So when H won I couldn't help but be let down.

@Rag thanks for sharing the matches, I watched the one you said was your favorite and gotta say that was awesome. I'll check out the others sometime soon and look forward to seeing what they do with him.