Pre-Season Game 3 - Rams @ Broncos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
My Denver buddy says Albee O is gonna be released for the PS… I hope we pick him up. He’s a baller
Um… yeah… I’m quoting myself, but that’s how much of a show he’s putting on

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Just an observation.

For much of the second half, the D-Line has been Marquise Copeland, Earnest Brown and Larrell Murchison; and those guys have been projected to be on the 53 and on-the-field.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
U have 1 quarter to flash and make some play to make the team, PS or at the very least put something on film. I just see guys going thru the motions. Let's see if anyone steps up

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Damn that broke our preseason streak of giving up 34 a game, Raiders 34, Chargers 34 and Broncos had 34 before that last TD pass

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
This game has really no bright spot. I know it's preseason, but honestly, if these are possibly backups and stuff I'm scared.

DB has been like Swiss cheese. No wrapping up while tackling.

DL CANNOT get good penetration.

WR have dropped numerous catchall balls.

RB has made some magic but still eh. (Rivers)

Punter has got a leg, kinda reminds me off Hekker.

dang

Legend
I love Sean McVay but despite this being the last preseason game - he needs to own this. I’m actually glad Asshole Face went for the TD on fourth down. If that isn’t a wake up call that you’re in the big boy league with a bunch of toddlers - then nothing is. I won’t pick on specific “players” but I can count on one hand the number that looked like they had the skills to play in the NFL. And I’m an optimistic homer.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I love Sean McVay but despite this being the last preseason game - he needs to own this. I’m actually glad Asshole Face went for the TD on fourth down. If that isn’t a wake up call that you’re in the big boy league with a bunch of toddlers - then nothing is. I won’t pick on specific “players” but I can count on one hand the number that looked like they had the skills to play in the NFL. And I’m an optimistic homer.
200w (25).gif

Psycho_X

Legend
I couldn't care less about most of this game or its results but a few thoughts on players who may or may not make the team....

Robert Rochelle still looks bad. He's constantly chasing or out of position. For someone who has the physical ability to beat most others it's frustrating to see him behind other players chasing or just simply watching someone catch a pass in front of him. I've had hope for him but being on the field in preseason game 3 and getting beat regularly is not going to help his chances. But no one else is really separating themselves at that last CB position. Depth at CB is scary.

Tanner Brown needs to tighten his shit up. Two players I thought we should have kept this offseason was Gay and Gaines. He's a rookie so struggles will happen but I'm going to be puckered up every time he kicks a field goal until he builds up some confidence.

I still like Square more than Rozeboom but they've played against different levels of competition so will see. VanValkenburg is definitely worth keeping around even if it's the practice squad.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
They actually game planned for this game, McVay did not.
I always love this and while it has merit, it is an excuse. Morris runs a conservative base defense. Tonight, more than in other games I actually saw a few stunts and an occasional extra pass rusher, but it was basically a base defense.

If Denver was game planning, what were they game planning against? They weren’t game planning against blitzes, stunts, or any surprise coverages they could expose. They simply beat the shit out of the Rams everywhere. They had better back ups everywhere! They won both lines of scrimmage, had better QB’s, receivers, tight ends, linebackers, corners, safeties, and running backs. They won the individual match ups time and time again and it wasn’t because of some intricate, set up misdirection. It was because they were better.

Snead keeps getting praise for his late round picks, but honestly, he has assembled a ton of late round picks without true NFL talent and it is almost always just a carousel of late draft picks replacing previous late draft picks. It isn’t working as the depth is 100 percent non existent.

jjab360

Legend
Glad I didn't watch, it's no fun watching the good guys get their ass whooped no matter how pointless the game is

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
Will Evans make the roster and if he doesn’t will a team snatch him up. I had hope he could be a real keeper but he can’t even make the top 3 for a not very good Rams backfield.
Rivers has looked good

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
Yep… I mean who other than Asshole Face calls a 0 Blitz while up 27-0 in the first half?

Classless and contributes nothing to building a team. Broncos still gonna be third or fourth in that division
Playing a pre season game how you will play a regular season game I would argue gives you a better understanding of what you got. You see how they play in your true offense/defense vs handcuffing them.

I’m not saying you go all out but WTF is wrong with looking at your opponent and teaching your QB if they bring this you throw here and we’ve got them. You then see if your QB is teachable and executes. At least run some well scripted basic plays. Same goes for the defense. You don’t reveal a blitz you have planned for San Fran, but why not a basic blitz to see how the player is as a blitzer?

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
Just an observation.

For much of the second half, the D-Line has been Marquise Copeland, Earnest Brown and Larrell Murchison; and those guys have been projected to be on the 53 and on-the-field.
The lack of talent on the defensive front is terrifying.