(Poll) Goff or Wentz. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB do you want?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• Don't care. I'm just here to troll the board

Results are only viewable after voting.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
At least our choices aren't QB and DT this time.

Amirite?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Watched Steve Mariucci's Gamechangers when I got home from work last night with Goff and Wentz. It's hard not to like what you see with both guys. I think you don't go wrong with either guy. But, like with all players in the NFL, they have to be in the right system for their skill set to shine. I think the questions to be answered are which QB fits the Rams, how much can the Rams change, afford to change, or are willing to change to fit either guy's skill set? The main thing is the Rams have put themselves in the position to make the choice. It's all on them now. That's damn exciting! Although maddening for us at the present, I think the Rams know exactly who fits their plan the best. All this theatrics at the moment is for the benefit of the NFL and might, just might, be partly strategy to garner another pick or two. The Rams, unlike a lot of us, have already moved on to the plans for the rest of this year's draft.

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
Watched Steve Mariucci's Gamechangers when I got home from work last night with Goff and Wentz. It's hard not to like what you see with both guys. I think you don't go wrong with either guy. But, like with all players in the NFL, they have to be in the right system for their skill set to shine. I think the questions to be answered are which QB fits the Rams, how much can the Rams change, afford to change, or are willing to change to fit either guy's skill set? The main thing is the Rams have put themselves in the position to make the choice. It's all on them now. That's damn exciting! Although maddening for us at the present, I think the Rams know exactly who fits their plan the best. All this theatrics at the moment is for the benefit of the NFL and might, just might, be partly strategy to garner another pick or two. The Rams, unlike a lot of us, have already moved on to the plans for the rest of this year's draft.
I tend to agree here. In the NFL the majority of passes are less than ten yards. Fisher implements a run first then pass offense, and you are in a very physical conference. Today, Wentz does not have deep ball accuracy (IMO) like Goff.

The interesting thing about the comparison (Goff/Wentz) is that Goff actually has more college game experience. Goffs challenges in the NFL will be different than Wentz. Game management, working under center, calling plays and team leadership will be Goffs challenge, not the long ball. Both will need to adjust to the speed of the game, which ALL experts say will be quick.

When I look at Wentz and his long ball accuracy over the last two years I've seen significant improvement. Once in the NFL I believe he will perfect the long ball as well.

Experts say Wentz has more upside, and this is one piece of that.

I believe that if we were to poll ROD, and ask if you would prefer a quarterback who will be more "game ready" this year, or a true franchise player over the next 10-15 years you would have your answer.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just had a problem (on the PD) with really, really bad analyses and really, really bad arguments. Bradford was just my platform to expose fools on that forum, and it was a great time while it lasted.
THIS!!^ IS one of the two major reasons I moved here from The PD!! The other was Reading @RamzFanz commentary too!!

Psycho_X

Legend
Damn't I seriously can't decide. I voted for Wentz as explained before but now I'm 51/49 for Goff. Tomorrow I'll be back to 51/49 Wentz.

I guess this is a good dilemma to have... well unless the one we pick sucks and the other doesn't. But yeah. I need it to be Draft day to end my madness.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I watched the Path to the Draft special and the one thing that really stuck out to me, and made my decision, was when they spoke about Wentz's football intelligence. They said it was off the charts and way beyond any of the others QBs in this draft. Wentz also said something I believe to be the biggest difference between good and great QBs, that is its the intelligence of a QB that makes great QBs. I won't be disappointed with Goff since he looked impressive and is a Cal guys so he has less to acclimate to but if it was my choice it would be Wentz by a hair!

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Wentz. Bigger, stronger and comes from a pro style offense. Goff just reminds me too much of Bradford and I dont want to live through that again, especially after we gave up so much to move up.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
competitor

- someone who is trying to win or do better than all others especially in business or sports

team_wentz_trucker_hat-r3fc26df762b6477da32f4b8498907d4c_v9wqd_8byvr_324.jpg

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
When I think of Wentz, he reminds me of Big Ben. So not concerned he didn't go to a 'big time' school - neither did Big Ben. He's got the size and the kid can play. Like others have said, I want someone who's going to be in the lineup more than not.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
When I think of Wentz, he reminds me of Big Ben. So not concerned he didn't go to a 'big time' school - neither did Big Ben. He's got the size and the kid can play. Like others have said, I want someone who's going to be in the lineup more than not.

Funny because that is who they compared him to in the "Path to the Draft" special. They compared Goff to Matt Ryan. If the Rams had either of those QB I would be thrilled, more so with Big Ben (Wnetz)! I also think Wentz is a Fisher kind of guy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I find this funny being Wentz is the guy who missed 8 weeks last year

Psycho_X

Legend
OK THE DEBATE IS OVER!!!!!! Jared Goff is a die hard Whiners fan. Didn't know that, Wentz all the way. Screw this T.O. fanboy.

*may be joking.... but not as much as you'd think

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK THE DEBATE IS OVER!!!!!! Jared Goff is a die hard Whiners fan. Didn't know that, Wentz all the way. Screw this T.O. fanboy.

*may be joking.... but not as much as you'd think

Well, 49er Fanboys do deserve a fate worse than death - i.e., to be drafted by the Browns.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm trying hard to warm up to Goff - and it isn't difficult, the kid is a stud - I'm just fixated on Wentz.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Great post. I found a great article that goes very well along with this and you might like this. They introduce bear raid, and how Goff's responsibilities changed from year 1 to year 2 to year 3. And this is from almost a year ago. During his junior year, Goff had his OC's full trust. I don't want to just pick out some quotes that I like because this article is pretty comprehensive and I might put it out of context. And also, I don't understand all of it.

PLEASE READ THIS!!!!
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye...f-became-nations-top-nfl-quarterback-prospect

This article has some great quotes from his OC, and his receivers. I would like everyone to read this. LOL

Thanks, I had missed that article. You might be wasting your time with many here, but he did exactly as predicted and made another jump so Franklins assessment holds up. It is hard to believe, but factoring in his age, bloodlines, toughness, smarts, he could be another Luck and no mistake