Playoffs: Falcons @ Rams it is!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
ATL is a much tougher matchup for us, don't see how anyone can argue this seriously. Julio scares me, their playoff experience scares me, Ryan's ability to get rid of the ball quickly before the rush arrives scares me, their pass rush scares me.

I think we can beat them but ATL/MIN is a far tougher route. The "better weather" argument is way overblown IMO.

We HAVE to get pressure on Matt Ryan or we will lose. Julio needs to be "held" in check, which versus Trumaine who never really shuts down a true #1 will probably mean 6 catches for 90yrds.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Eh. I'll take it.

Honestly, I thought the Panthers were the worse match-up if they were on their game.

Atlanta has been foul prone these past two weeks. They don't force a lot of turnovers and don't have as many dominant defenders as Carolina does.

Obviously have to be cautious about Ryan if he gets clicking with Julio and if these running backs can get rolling as well, but Carolina had good RBs as well.

I expect Wade to have a good plan drawn up for this one.

There's a lot of value in hosting this one. Glad the Rams don't have to go to Atlanta.

Got confidence in this one. If the Rams win, they go to Minnesota for what I feel will be the de facto NFC title game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You have to play the best....I understand it's about match ups and they scare me too, but you cannot hide in post season unless you're the Patriots of course.

It's a lot easier if you have someone else do the dirty work for you. Atlanta isn't an ideal team for us. We're going to need a big game out of Gurley.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ATL is a much tougher matchup for us, don't see how anyone can argue this seriously. Julio scares me, their playoff experience scares me, Ryan's ability to get rid of the ball quickly before the rush arrives scares me, their pass rush scares me.

I think we can beat them but ATL/MIN is a far tougher route. The "better weather" argument is way overblown IMO.

We HAVE to get pressure on Matt Ryan or we will lose. Julio needs to be "held" in check, which versus Trumaine who never really shuts down a true #1 will probably mean 6 catches for 90yrds.

Agreed. I'll happily take terrible weather if it means facing Philly with Nick Foles.

jap

Legend
Time for the Dr. SonOfBum to strategize for the damn Dirty Birds. Will Matt Ryan survive the all game onslaught from The Beast! and The Mighty Quinn? Will he be like an immobile Carson Palmer? Can the Atlanta defense survive the Air McVay airshow and our all world feature back, Todd Gurley? Can they strive with Johnny consistently dropping punts inside their 20-yard line? Can they handle the suddenly all confident and all consistent Ficken raining FGs & PATs with alarming regularity?

Montanaramfan

Rookie
The Saints sacked Matt Bryant five times last week. I think our guys will be licking our chops. We'll score 28. We have to hope our secondary plays like they did against Brees and not Mariota.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Agreed. I'll happily take terrible weather if it means facing Philly with Nick Foles.

If you ask some Eagles fans, the Rams traveling cross country to cold weather is a death sentence.

Yeah, I'll take Goff in the cold over Foles any day.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It's a lot easier if you have someone else do the dirty work for you. Atlanta isn't an ideal team for us. We're going to need a big game out of Gurley.

We are going to need 4 good games out of Gurley. But 1 week at a time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Sure will, but I felt the same way against the Vikings in 1999, was scared of their offense and they were so close the year before, but at this point, we sat our starters and kept the same seed so nothing you can do.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you ask some Eagles fans, the Rams traveling cross country to cold weather is a death sentence.

Yeah, I'll take Goff in the cold over Foles any day.

I've been told that repeatedly by them, but there's still an actual football game played. Foles has been atrocious the past two weeks. I don't fear that team at all.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/31/nfl-sets-schedule-for-wild-card-weekend/

NFL sets schedule for Wild Card weekend
Posted by Josh Alper on December 31, 2017

Setting the playoff field for the 2017 season went right down to the wire and now we’ll have a week to look forward to the first round of playoff action.

The NFL has announced the schedule of games for January 6 and 7 and it kicks off in Kansas City on Saturday afternoon at 4:35 p.m. ET with the Titans visiting the Chiefs.

That game will be on ESPN while Saturday night’s game will feature the return of playoff football to Los Angeles. The Rams will host the Falcons in a game on NBC that gets underway at 8:15 p.m. ET.

Sunday afternoon’s action will start with a 1:05 p.m. ET game that pits Jaguars coach Doug Marrone against the team he walked away from after the 2014 season. The Bills stumbled through two years with Rex Ryan after Marrone decided to opt out of his contract, but they ended a playoff drought dating back to 1999 in Sean McDermott’s first season on the job

That game will be on CBS and the final matchup of the weekend will find the Panthers visiting the Saints on FOX at 4:40 p.m. ET. It will be the third meeting of the year between the NFC South rivals and the Saints won both regular season matchups.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Saturday night game is awesome. Can’t wait! We finally did it boys. Now let’s keep the ride going!

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I've been told that repeatedly by them, but there's still an actual football game played. Foles has been atrocious the past two weeks. I don't fear that team at all.

I mean, I'll admit their defense can keep them in games, and they have some talented backs, but Foles can't get the ball to these receivers. That MNF Raider game was terrible. He was looking for a TE or a RB every time. Really limits the offense when Alshon and Agholor have 0 impact.

But don't worry folks, Nick has two weeks of practice coming up here, that will fix everything, including, but not limited to, his poor footwork, terrible timing, and mediocre arm.

And they think this guy can sling it in the cold?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
3rd seed.
And this is why he didn't give the seeding any consideration or plan for the Panthers or any thing like that. Just figure out what you think is best for your team and do it. Nothing changed except our players got rest and we now know we probably need a better back up QB.