Plan B: Paul Richardson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If Landry and the other top edge rushers are gone, would anyone be happy if they picked WR Ridley or WR Sutton in round 1?
One of them may be available at 23.

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
We didn't see a lot of Everett. He did show some flashes as evidenced by his yards per catch. I have a feeling they want to get him move involved. There's a reason he was their first pick.

He's better than Higbee. Promise.

nighttrain

Legend
If Landry and the other top edge rushers are gone, would anyone be happy if they picked WR Ridley or WR Sutton in round 1?
One of them may be available at 23.
it'd be OK for depth if we loose Watkins and cut or trade Tavon but it doesn't seem that either could beat out Reynolds
train

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah.
Funny.
Richardson can do some things but none of those Seattle receivers blow you away.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I would be ok with Richardson as a plan B if money is correct. If you watch the guy closely he has star written all over him he gets open deep, can go over the middle and is athletic as hell makes some sick catches. Now he had Wilson throwing to him putting that aside for a minute think how good he could do in an offense that has other pieces other receivers a running back and possibly two decent tight ends but the biggest factor to get open deep your quarterback needs time I know Wilson creates time with his scrambling ability but those are mostly broken plays. I'm talking actual route running qb drop back and having time in the pocket I think he would fit really well here. Who did he play with on Seattle besides Wilson .....graham? Didn't fit there wasn't really a threat. Who were the wideouts on the other side Baldwin? Good player but that's only one. No running game and possibly the worst offensive line in football. My point in Sean's offense with all the targets we have I think Richardson could be very very good.

ninedeuce

Rookie
By Charean Williams
Mar 10, 2018, 7:42 PM PST
Paul Richardson tweets what sounds like a good-bye to Seattle

Free agent Paul Richardson apparently doesn’t expect the Seahawks to re-sign him.

On Saturday night, the receiver tweeted “one thing I do know is I had a ball in Seattle!”

The Seahawks won’t pay more than $5.5 million a season for Richardson, John Clayton of ESPN 710 Seattle has reported, and Richardson wants $7 million a season.

Richardson, 25, was a second-round pick of the Seahawks in 2014. In his first three seasons, he had a combined six starts, 51 catches, 599 yards and two touchdowns.

But after his breakout 2017 season, when he started 13 games and made 44 catches for 703 yards and six touchdowns, Richardson is expected to find a better deal on the open market than what the Seahawks are willing to pay.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...weets-what-sounds-like-a-good-bye-to-seattle/

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And then he arrived in Buffalo where Summer lasts from Aug 1 to August 6 and locals wear short sleeves when the temperature hits the 30's

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Brian Quick will be out there
Oh yeah???? Thought he was locked up for 2 years in Washington.....
Might have been around the time of the K-Gun offense when he was a kid. Buffalo was fun to watch with Thurman, Kelly....and that receiver....Reed???

I liked Paul in the draft....I'd rather get a rookie if we can't re-sign Sammy....and I want to re-sign Sammy, bad....Don't want a top offense broken up....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If u say so

Cooper Kupp
16 games
70 receptions
938 receiving yards
6 receiving TDs

Robert Woods
13 games
65 receptions
923 receiving yards
5 receiving TDs

Todd Gurley
16 games
68 receptions
798 receiving yards
6 receiving TDs

We have all three returning next year. There's also a possibility that Gerald Everett and/or Josh Reynolds breaks out next year. This isn't an offense designed to force the ball to one WR. This is an offense designed to spread the ball around. We already have three quality receiving targets. We don't need a #1 WR. Another quality receiving target is more than sufficient enough.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
For me obviously Allen Robinson is my first choice but I'm seeing that's probably not feasible. So moving on I'm hoping to get Sammy back but in the event that does not work out my main target as I've stated before would be Richardson as I think he could fit very well here very well now what I'd like to know is if that option didn't work out would anyone here be willing to try and sign a Terrell Pryor on the cheap another prove it deal for him????? Vertical ability check athleticism check Mcvey could work on his route running but he would just be a piece here a cog in a well oiled offensive machine. What do you guys think?