Plan B: Paul Richardson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Cooper Kupp
16 games
70 receptions
938 receiving yards
6 receiving TDs

Robert Woods
13 games
65 receptions
923 receiving yards
5 receiving TDs

Todd Gurley
16 games
68 receptions
798 receiving yards
6 receiving TDs

We have all three returning next year. There's also a possibility that Gerald Everett and/or Josh Reynolds breaks out next year. This isn't an offense desigWould be nice to hqv3ed to force the ball to one WR. This is an offense designed to spread the ball around. We already have three quality receiving targets. We don't need a #1 WR. Another quality receiving target is more than sufficient enough.
Would be nice to have a vertical threat like Watkins who can run a 4;3 forty and catch the ball
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would be nice to have a vertical threat like Watkins who can run a 4;3 forty and catch the ball
train

It would be nice, but it's not worth overpaying for that sort of player when we can find a cheaper guy who can do the same thing.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It'd be nice to have stars at every position, with lots of depth behind them. The salary cap is designed to not allow that to happen. So management has to pick and choose where to put resources. With the way that Woods and Kupp developed, Watkins isn't as necessary as they thought he might be when they traded for him. This offseason is dedicated more to building up the defense, and doing offense only where really necessary or where there is a serious bargain to be had. Future seasons I expect resources to be spent in a more balanced fashion.

jjab360

Legend
Why go Paul Richardson when you could have Marqise Lee? He's basically a more athletic Robert Woods..

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate watching Seattle highlights but the kid can ball!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Richardson is now at the top of my wish list for free agency.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why go Paul Richardson when you could have Marqise Lee? He's basically a more athletic Robert Woods..

Because Richardson is more of a vertical threat with better hands. Lee would be a good addition too, though. He's just more drop-prone than Woods and Richardson (who were HS teammates, interestingly enough).

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
With Reynolds & Thomas on the roster, having a year in the new O, signing a WR for one year contract may be the best move. Give all 3 a shot to start.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I’m all on board the Richardson train. I think he’s the perfect fit in this offense as a deep threat.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With Reynolds & Thomas on the roster, having a year in the new O, signing a WR for one year contract may be the best move. Give all 3 a shot to start.

I'm quite intrigued by John Brown.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There is still the draft. If the Rams fill the remaining holes that they have in free agency, like most teams do, it frees them up to pick whomever they like most. They may think that some current holes could adequately be filled by players already on the roster. DJ Charm ran in the 4.3s and Marques Valdes-Scantling. Calvin Ridley, Robert Foster, Deon Cain Antonio Callaway and Keke Coutee ran in the low 4.4's. Plus Dante Pettis claims to run a sub 4.3, and also claims to have been meeting the Rams. So they are considering a fast WR in the draft.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Don't know how you feel but I do not want another draft pick spent on a wide receiver and I don't want Watkins replaced by a Rookie. I'd take my chances with Reynolds and try for Lee or definitely take a flier on Pryor

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Looks like RIchardson is receiving a better contract than Woods last season, more guaranteed money. Woods is a better WR. Market is up for receivers.