Pick 19 - WE HAVE A 1ST ROUND PICK

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

sloramfan

Starter
the rams are already contemplating ... how many top 100 picks is #19 worth...

if they think, or actually maybe get a haul... forget about it.... welcome to day 2....

umm... after last year... i'l take my chances with the braintrust....

go rams

slo

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
There's the possibility that the Rams trade the #19 pick and next year's #1 for some superstar player (I don't know who).

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
One guy I'm becoming more interested in in the first round is Darius Robinson from Miss.
He's just the kind of versatile Edge that would be a shit-ton of fun to have on a D. Not only can he be an edge.. he can easily move inside on passing downs.
I can easily imagine the Rams adding him and Danielle Hunter... My goodness.. the options that front could have.
Wouldn't you need an edge that can drop in coverage? The Rams certainly were picked on where they would isolate our edges on TEs or RBs. He seems like a similar player to Hoecht in that he is really a DL, that might play DE, but can't cover. Certainly much more talented with more upside, but I would look at him strictly as a DL.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
 It's very hard to day at this point. After the first two FA periods, and a number of collegiate pro days, things could change a lot!. Players who are hot topics at the Senior Bowl could become yesterday's news very quickly.

I do not envy the work of Les and his collegiate scouts & NFL personnel guys who have to monitor the ebbs & flows of who's got and who's not, so they have an accurate feel for where draftees might be selected.
I often wonder how much teams board's really change at this point or from the Combine on. I think the public group think changes a lot, but I wonder if the teams actually get pretty locked in post senior bowl.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
As everyone knows everything depends on what happens in free agency but the more, I think about it if McCarthy the QB from Michigan is there I say he should be the pick to be the Rams QB of the future. If not him I say one of the top CB in the draft.
To me looks like another guy that is just too slightly built, with a mediocre arm, and will never be more than a part time starter. You can get guys like that later in the draft. If he didn't play for Michigan he would be 4th or 5th rounder.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
As everyone knows everything depends on what happens in free agency but the more, I think about it if McCarthy the QB from Michigan is there I say he should be the pick to be the Rams QB of the future. If not him I say one of the top CB in the draft.
I would rather take a flyer in the 4th or 5th on Joe Milton. Size, arm strength, and athleticism with upside. Granted very raw and might never turn out, but he has stuff you can't teach. The problem is you would have to carry 3 QBs because he can't back up this yr. Of course, I don't think McCarthy could either, or for that matter any rookie if you want a guy that can help get you to the playoffs if needed.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Wouldn't you need an edge that can drop in coverage? The Rams certainly were picked on where they would isolate our edges on TEs or RBs. He seems like a similar player to Hoecht in that he is really a DL, that might play DE, but can't cover. Certainly much more talented with more upside, but I would look at him strictly as a DL.
At his size, you could play him as a 3-4 DL a great deal of the time, imo.
But you could also morph to straight 4 man fronts at times.
I think the kids call it “being multiple”

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
He fills 3 needs.. #1 CB that can play STAR.. can return punts and is a menace as a gunner on the punt team. Not to mention he's a rough SOB and a game breaker.

If he turns out to be a day 1 starter, his days of STs will be over. Too risky.
…and before anyone brings up Kupp as an example of a star player returning kicks, he was only in there to make a fair catch.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
One guy I'm becoming more interested in in the first round is Darius Robinson from Miss.
He's just the kind of versatile Edge that would be a shit-ton of fun to have on a D. Not only can he be an edge.. he can easily move inside on passing downs.
I can easily imagine the Rams adding him and Danielle Hunter... My goodness.. the options that front could have.

I’m really coming around on him too. He’d provide a lot of flexibility on that DL—something that could be beneficial, making life a little easier for all of our new defensive coaches.

I am of the mindset that the Rams can grab him after the 1rst or at least later than #19, though. He has garnered enough attention this last week, however, that the Rams might have to make a move to get this guy in between #19 and #51.

dang

Legend
I’m wondering how much $$ would it take to bring back Wentz as not only a backup but a wildcat option. The Rams have too many needs to draft a QB in R1/R2 this year. And with a very low draft pick next year won’t get a stud QB next year either. This allows the Rams time to determine if Wentz can be coached up to be a starter or if they need to seek another Stafford replacement via Draft trade up in 2026 as an understudy for Staffords final year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I’m wondering how much $$ would it take to bring back Wentz as not only a backup but a wildcat option. The Rams have too many needs to draft a QB in R1/R2 this year. And with a very low draft pick next year won’t get a stud QB next year either. This allows the Rams time to determine if Wentz can be coached up to be a starter or if they need to seek another Stafford replacement via trade/FA/Draft trade up in 2026.
I also hope he can be re-signed. Probably will not be cheap.

Maybe incentives for games started; and a guarantee not to be franchised in case he plays a lot and well.

I think Mayfield was more attractive heading into free agency in 2023 than Wentz is in 2024 but a veteran minimum seems unlikely to get it done.

Personally, I just want a back-up that can help the Rams win a couple games should Stafford miss 2-4 games.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also hope he can be re-signed. Probably will not be cheap.

Maybe incentives for games started; and a guarantee not to be franchised in case he plays a lot and well.

I think Mayfield was more attractive heading into free agency in 2023 than Wentz is in 2024 but a veteran minimum seems unlikely to get it done.

Personally, I just want a back-up that can help the Rams win a couple games should Stafford miss 2-4 games.
I agree. Too many veteran QBs out there that need jobs and will play for minimum dollars (not necessarily vet min). Look at what Flacco has done this year. Find another one like him, or Wentz, or Mayfield or Blake Bortles. There are always veteran QBs on the outside looking in.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
If the Rams stay at 19 they'll use it on an impact player. Wouldn't surprise me if they go WR here. Brian Thomas?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
JJ will not help out the Rams at all this year (god willing) on their path to the SB. That's why I see there being little to no chance they take a QB in the 1st.
There's the possibility that the Rams trade the #19 pick and next year's #1 for some superstar player (I don't know who).
Off the top of my head, I can't really think of a player that is theoretically available via trade that would be worth it to us. Burns likely will be tagged, but, I want no part in sending them 2 1st's AND giving him a massive contract. I'd much rather take my chances on pick 19 being an edge that drops or even D.Robinson and paying him peanuts for the next 4 years for likely a big contribution. Not to mention, one of the edges could hit FA and we won't need to trade anything to acquire. This is one draft I absolutely want them to make the pick. We desperately need 2 positions, both of those positions are highly paid vet positions, so that reduced salary for the draft pick is going to be huge.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I often wonder how much teams board's really change at this point or from the Combine on. I think the public group think changes a lot, but I wonder if the teams actually get pretty locked in post senior bowl.
What non draftnik reporters (the ones that don't have an economic incentive to sell rising and falling) typically say is the combine and workouts are just there to confirm what teams already studied on tape and if there's a discrepancy, they go back to the tape to see what they may have missed. There are not risers and fallers per se, just the media getting tidbits from teams of who they really like and who they have concerns about.

Of course, some teams film work hasn't been completed yet so once that is complete some guys might "rise."

Medical, from the combine though can drop guys, cause there's some info there that teams didn't have before.

Finally, team interviews can shuffle guys around late in the process, some guys will knock the socks off teams and move up their board and some will scare some teams off.

In the past, teams seemed to get wowed by combine and workouts and there were legitimate risers and falls but with the talent of the evaluators in front offices becoming more even and professional around the league, that's really not a thing anymore.

WestCoastRam

Legend
JJ will not help out the Rams at all this year (god willing) on their path to the SB. That's why I see there being little to no chance they take a QB in the 1st.

Off the top of my head, I can't really think of a player that is theoretically available via trade that would be worth it to us. Burns likely will be tagged, but, I want no part in sending them 2 1st's AND giving him a massive contract. I'd much rather take my chances on pick 19 being an edge that drops or even D.Robinson and paying him peanuts for the next 4 years for likely a big contribution. Not to mention, one of the edges could hit FA and we won't need to trade anything to acquire. This is one draft I absolutely want them to make the pick. We desperately need 2 positions, both of those positions are highly paid vet positions, so that reduced salary for the draft pick is going to be huge.
I'm not sure JJ helps us in the years to come either!

Burns won't be going for 2 1sts if tagged this year. Panthers desperately need draft capital too. There's a world where they tag and we trade for less than that. And I'm not opposed to it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m wondering how much $$ would it take to bring back Wentz as not only a backup but a wildcat option. The Rams have too many needs to draft a QB in R1/R2 this year. And with a very low draft pick next year won’t get a stud QB next year either. This allows the Rams time to determine if Wentz can be coached up to be a starter or if they need to seek another Stafford replacement via Draft trade up in 2026 as an understudy for Staffords final year.
Flacco was on a 2.5 mill deal in Cleveland
Andy Dalton is at 4 mill
Trubisky is making 5.6 mill
Cooper Rush 2.5 mill
Case Keenum 3.2 mill
And on and on
I can’t see a universe where the Rams will commit 3-5 mill for a backup QB

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Flacco was on a 2.5 mill deal in Cleveland
Andy Dalton is at 4 mill
Trubisky is making 5.6 mill
Cooper Rush 2.5 mill
Case Keenum 3.2 mill
And on and on
I can’t see a universe where the Rams will commit 3-5 mill for a backup QB
In a yr where they feel that they can make a run they might, especially after this yrs debacle in GB.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I agree. Too many veteran QBs out there that need jobs and will play for minimum dollars (not necessarily vet min). Look at what Flacco has done this year. Find another one like him, or Wentz, or Mayfield or Blake Bortles. There are always veteran QBs on the outside looking in.
I just don’t think there are many good fits. Of the four you mentioned, I don’t think Bortles can play, and Mayfield was given an opportunity to start.

Wentz and Flacco are good examples. The question is how attractive and expensive will they be in six weeks?