Pick #103- Rams select LB Ernest Jones, S. Carolina

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
From what I read he is strictly a run defender. ILB that can't cover better be able to blitz because of how much teams throw now a days. Does not seem to have that trait either. His profile suggest special teamer and gets defensive snaps on plays defense is selling out on run. Hop this is not the case.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If Jones takes over for Reeder/Kiser, it's a good pick. I still would've preferred someone else (FUCK YOU, DENVER!), but...well, yeah.

Here's hoping that we can get two solid players in round 4.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mike Jones nephew I believe.

I’m shocked they chose an ilb. I guess they won’t be resigning someone. The hole at CB and need for future Olinemen seems pretty glaring.

Maybe they can trade back one fourth round and get two more. I’m hoping Carberry has some aces up his sleeve.

We will never know the truth. Snead’s saying Jones was his pick at 88. Is that because their real pick at 88 was gone already?

Good luck Ernie Jones. I hope you have a great career as a Ram

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was talking more about the picks we got from the 69ers, but you're right.
I fell asleep before the Rams picked at 87, and I am SHOCKED that Snead traded with the Niners. I like the idea of the trade, and I think it was definitely worth it... but trade with the niners? I pray the running back they took does not haunt us for years.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I fell asleep before the Rams picked at 87, and I am SHOCKED that Snead traded with the Niners. I like the idea of the trade, and I think it was definitely worth it... but trade with the niners? I pray the running back they took does not haunt us for years.

he'll haunt the trainer's table like all their other rbs.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i remember the outrage when john johnson III was selected at the end of the 3rd. not athletic enough, just a jag, blah, blah.

just let these guys do their job and complain only after they prove to be the wrong choice.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And along came Jones....Seems to me all the Ernest Jones does is make tackles or plays and well others had some linebackers rated higher, Jones like Jordan Fuller, always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

Have to concur with @Mackeyser on this, can't imagine DC Raheem Morris not getting the ILB he felt was a great fit for his defense. Again Jones seems that he will be very active on special teams as we take a wait and see approach, but like others I'm praying the Rams address the offensive line if you please or the offensive line if you don't olease.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame

i remember the outrage when john johnson III was selected at the end of the 3rd. not athletic enough, just a jag, blah, blah.

just let these guys do their job and complain only after they prove to be the wrong choice.

I was gonna post something similar. I have the same blah feeling about this pick as I did with JJ. So hopefully it turns out the same way lol.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Charlie Casserly of NFL Network was asked his sleeper pick of 3rd round and he said Ernest Jones and said he has a nose for finding the ball sideline to sideline

Last edited:

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I like what I've seen of him, seems like he'll be a solid smart player. Like others have already said I get that same vibe as when we made the JJ pick.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Charlie Casserly was asked his sleeper pick of 3rd round and he said Ernest Jones and said he has a nose for finding the ball sideline to sideline
We all pretty much bitch & complain about being run on and over by the 9ers...and GB in the playoffs. We need a stout run stopping iLB. Guy who will go and get the RB....and actually tackle the guy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I wanted defense & Jones is defense...so on that, I am :giggle:.

I did not expect a MLB'er to be taken on the 2nd day by the Rams. What this Jones pick in my view says is the Org is done & tired of MLB Micah Kiser total inability to remain on the field as a starter the last two seasons when he was depended on to start & make plays which he did not. Kiser will be affected by this pick the most NOT Reeder. Kiser's days being counted on to start are over.

ILB Kenny Young is also going to be affected by this pick too. 4th yr ILB'er Travin Howard will replace Young as a starter this 2020 season. Kiser is more than capable of being the game day back up to both the will side ILB & the MLB'er this season (If he is healthy that a big question that remains too.) One might recall even after Kiser was off the injury list late into the season he did not start. Kiser had lost his starting post to Reeder.

I expect Reeder & rookie Jones to battle to be the starting MLB'er. Kiser will be just an emergency reserve. Rookie Jones might just win this battle right out of the box.

I do expect by the time the regular season begins that WILB Kenny Young will be released to add back $2.2. cap funds in the bank for & Travin Howard starting @ the will along with Taylor Rapp. No idea what will happen for the backup position other than Kiser might be lurking around if needed. I expect either Derrick Moncrief or Christain Roseboom to be the future back up to Howard.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Lol dude it’s okay to not like the pick but there’s no way you actually believe their second pick in the draft won’t make the roster.
Have you read that dudes posts? He believes he knows a lot or things. Lol and most of it is complete negative.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Live reaction from Downtown Rams:

"They're really trying to have the worst draft..."

View: https://youtu.be/rPLC_1eH4DI?t=15674

Jake Ellenbogen is a 24-year old sportscaster from Upstate New York that co-hosts the Downtown Rams podcast, is the founder of Downtown Rams and Downtown Sports Network LLC. He covers the Rams and NFL Draft for the website.

Jake has been writing and commenting about the Rams for several years now. If the above age is correct, that means he started when he was a teenager.

How many of us have been Rams' fans for years? All the way back to our childhood. How strong were our opinions and knowledge when we were 16 or 18? Sure we had our opinions but were we qualified to provide meaningful commentary to others?

We were passionate fans. In today's world, a passionate fan can share his/her opinions with the masses. THAT technology does not make someone an expert or even particularly knowledgeable.

Jake Ellenbogen might be a nice guy and a knowledgeable football fan. THAT does not mean his opinions have any greater value than any of us. He's one of us ... but with a youtube show.