Pick #103- Rams select LB Ernest Jones, S. Carolina

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kiser, Young, Okoronkwo, and Lawler are all unrestricted free agents, and I think Howard is as well (I'm seeing him as an ERFA in Sportrac, but I don't trust that entirely; someone should check another site, but I'm feeling lazy after a tough workout.). Reeder is a restricted free agent, along with Shelton and Gay. Then guys like SJD, Corbett, and D-Will are all unrestricted free agents, along with Noteboom, Allen, Mundt and Bojorquez (if he makes it that far.)

I think The Rams secure Allen,Noteboom, & or Allen
Before the season if they can ?
Not a big cap guy,but all 3 are playing for a contract.Then a Veteran Free Agent in 2022 has to be brought in depending on McSneads evaluation.
The LBers have all been busts.Thise guys can’t cover.Kenny Young started to get better & Reeder will be brought back. This NDSt. Kid C. Rozenbom might find his way on the roster ?
Hard call,but a 5-2 type front 7 ?
-Stay strong,healthy,& dedicated.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sorry to nit-pick here. It's not something I do very often.

We both like this guy but you keep getting his name wrong. It's Justin Hollins ... not Holland.

Thanks - Justin Hollins is a name I don’t like as far as his play last season. He has all the skill & The Rams stuck him on the field all season. He never had a Offseason so he was playing catch up the whole time. Shula could have that coaching skill to have him starting ? I like T. Lewis to start. He should be 100%.
-OBo has less talent & is a FA ?

Appreciate the nit picking. Enjoy your day

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sorry to nit-pick here. It's not something I do very often.

We both like this guy but you keep getting his name wrong. It's Justin Hollins ... not Holland.

I think Howard has the speed & the Will. He is just to short in coverage.
Justin Hollins has the size & strength.His problem is he can’t read the play & gets caught up on the wrong side of the ball & runner/receiver. Would be a nice blend of talent in one .

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like what Reader brought last year.He did okay in coverage.Just needs to adjust his vision a little more.He won the starting job in the Playoffs over Kiser.Kenny Young flashes,but just isn’t as consistent.
Holland’s to me is a big athletic body who is freaking lost out there.Runntoward his side if you want a big play.
Depth & special teams was addressed in this draft.
They were ok but definitely a weakness that GB and even lesser teams took advantage of.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They were ok but definitely a weakness that GB and even lesser teams took advantage of.

The Rams filled needs & added depth.There are to many fans that just do coach speaks or jump over the top as know it all’s.
I try to stay consistent.What I’ll sY is the coaching staff got players they wanted.I see reasoning for each pick.

I guess my biggest question is roster & practice squad numbers?

Les Snead gave numbers of lineman.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just realized this dude went to my wife's high school.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The Rams filled needs & added depth.There are to many fans that just do coach speaks or jump over the top as know it all’s.
I try to stay consistent.What I’ll sY is the coaching staff got players they wanted.I see reasoning for each pick.

I guess my biggest question is roster & practice squad numbers?

Les Snead gave numbers of lineman.
I’m not sure they got the players they wanted as much as they got who they picked out of what was left.

I trust they will do a good job of evaluating the roster and getting the best combination of oline men on the field. And, of course there will be some fans who don’t like the line up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’m not sure they got the players they wanted as much as they got who they picked out of what was left.

I trust they will do a good job of evaluating the roster and getting the best combination of oline men on the field. And, of course there will be some fans who don’t like the line up.

Still a good question is the roster spots & practice squad.Last year I believe was a benefit.I’m also sure if Landon Dickerson was available it would have been easy to redshirt him.Chandler Brewer did the best thing for him & The Rams.
No one ever answered my question last year about Evans & Edwards if they entered the draft in 2020.Both came out as JR.’s at 22 years old.Both player were ask to start about half the 2019 season.
Who knows exactly what The Rams draft board looked like.Les Snead did say he tried to move up on the draft.

—I will say this about 2020vs. 2021.I liked the 3 7th rd draft picks in 2021,
but Anchrum still might be the best of the 6 players drafted ? Just goes to show you the value of the 7th rd picks though.Sloman was The Rams starting Kicker. Johnston signed with Carolina.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Your wife is still in high school??
tenor.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

So out of the 15 who do you like on the O-Line ?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If that's a joke, it's very funny.

If it's true, you are very lucky and don't need a sense of humor.
Definitely a joke but if true, I'm sure I'd be bat crap crazy by now.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Definitely a joke but if true, I'm sure I'd be bat crap crazy by now.

Exactly. Imagine having two women whining at you all the time.

Although it would be easier to take if the younger one was sex crazy still. Whining with a lot of sex is ok, but whining with little sex makes you wonder why you still do it.

jap

Legend
People are questioning Earnest Jones' straight-line speed, change of direction (acceleration), etc. However, everything is not about pure speed or acceleration, Remember former '9er, Ronnie Lott, who lacked elite speed but was always a nightmare for ball carriers. What Ronnie possessed was tremendous anticipation (derived from high-end football smarts) and a highly refined savvy sense in knowing the proper angles to take to get to the ball carrier in the shortest possible time. This Jones kid may very well possess similar traits to be so successful. Let's see how quickly he can adjust to NFL game speed before we write him off.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Exactly. Imagine having two women whining at you all the time.

Although it would be easier to take if the younger one was sex crazy still. Whining with a lot of sex is ok, but whining with little sex makes you wonder why you still do it.

The sex or listening to the whining???