PFF grades if you care

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
There is something very fishy about PFF. There is no reason scores should consistently be so far from reality.

There has to be some bad money involved or the scoring system is just completely weighted wrong.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can’t believe that PFF has gotten even worse with their grading system.

They are dad to me now.
ZO8PlMk.gif

~ Dad the Dude

MachS

Hall of Fame
My buddy sent me this from another analytics site he uses. They posted their Rush Adjusted QB Passing Index (RAQPI) for week 1. Not too shabby based on their metrics.

1631571386428.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There is something very fishy about PFF. There is no reason scores should consistently be so far from reality.

There has to be some bad money involved or the scoring system is just completely weighted wrong.

Interesting take there, Brian Allen.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
My buddy sent me this from another analytics site he uses. They posted their Rush Adjusted QB Passing Index (RAQPI) for week 1. Not too shabby based on their metrics.

View attachment 47943
@MachS, can you please have your buddy forward his analytics site to the entire PFF staff.

Chris Collinsworth is the PFF owner/CEO so he should be emailed it several times.

PFF management clearly doesn't have enough qualified employees that receive a high level of training/coaching about the nuances of each position group.

They are clearly novices about football play designs, structure, technique, audibles and what causes a broken play or if the players they're rating have executed their assignments correctly.

novice - noun
a person new to or inexperienced in a field or situation.
th

TexasRam

Legend

View attachment 47943
Look at Aaron Rodgers at the bottom. Hero to zero.

I said this before the season. You lose your key Olineman - a first team all pro center and LT - and people wonder why the QB is turning the ball over and struggling.

It ain’t rocket science.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Yeah the Stafford rating is puzzling. Probably because they don't go by the QB rating system.

But Donald and Ramsey scoring that low... doesn't PFF know they're Madden 99s????

oldnotdead

Legend
PFF's matrix is 100% production-oriented. They are clueless when it comes to impact, i.e. they don't understand the game or positional realities. Which is laughable considering who owns the company. But Collinsworth and PFF is all about money nothing more. The fantasy gamers are their primary audience so what do they care about NFL reality. Fantasy is all about production nothing else. That is why Collinsworth has no interest in changing PFF's matrix.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The reason for the poor grade is that nobody informed PFF personnel that Stafford is now in Los Angeles playing for the Rams, they thought he was still in Detroit.
It almost looks like Stafford and Donald were both graded on past performances.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't know.. I think it's a tool for us to use to get some perspective.

The grade on Floyd, for example, seems to fit with his impact. Now, we can talk about whether the coaches put him in the best position to succeed, but he didn't have a good game, pass rushing or otherwise.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think right now PFF's niche is looking up guys who you don't know shit about or haven't seen play to get a feel for whether they're any good. But even doing that the result is skewed so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Also I dislike how quickly they push the scores post-game. Real bad indicator right there. It's a great idea but they should be constantly refining their process to ensure the best results but that is not what is happening IMO.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I think right now PFF's niche is looking up guys who you don't know shit about or haven't seen play to get a feel for whether they're any good. But even doing that the result is skewed so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Also I dislike how quickly they push the scores post-game. Real bad indicator right there. It's a great idea but they should be constantly refining their process to ensure the best results but that is not what is happening IMO.
If they don't have 22 people watching each game, I don't see how they can post their scores any faster than 2-3 days after the game. It's probably become all stats based, which is why they suck.