PFF grades if you care

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
PFF so take with a grain of salt. Like how is Stafford sub 80? I know he wasn't literally perfect but come on man.
Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

View: https://twitter.com/JB_Long/status/1437451273343668227?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/JB_Long/status/1437452178050797575?s=20

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I no longer care. Baker had zero TDs and 1 pick. And graded 4 points below stafford
Yeah I don't really overall. I'd say the grades are close to my assumption except for Stafford. I will say I think AD had one of his worst games I've seen from him in a long time. Funny a bad game from him is still an 81 so i don't think he had a bad game just not as dominant like we're used to lol. But AD tends to be a bit less dominating the first couple weeks of a season for some reason.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I don't really overall. I'd say the grades are close to my assumption except for Stafford. I will say I think AD had one of his worst games I've seen from him in a long time. Funny a bad game from him is still an 81 so i don't think he had a bad game just not as dominant like we're used to lol. But AD tends to be a bit less dominating the first couple weeks of a season for some reason.
AD barely missed a 3 sack day so I get it. But I seriously don't know what they wanted Stafford to do differently besides 1 almost interception and a couple of slightly off completions

Tano

Legend
AD barely missed a 3 sack day so I get it. But I seriously don't know what they wanted Stafford to do differently besides 1 almost interception and a couple of slightly off completions
Stafford needs to run the ball at least 10 times for 80 yards with 2 rushing TDs

Who the frick cares about 20/26 with 300 plus yards and 3 TDs

If you can't run as a QB - you suck

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Not sure the Stafford stuff… but the other stuff seems to jive with the eyeball.

Rochelle looks like an absolute baller.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
And yet Stafford is number 3 in QBR (another meaningless stat)

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
You were too nice too
Forgive me Tano for not being on my A game.
I had to have a prostate exam today and I'm kind of
mentally feeling a cross between being seriously violated and wanting to go
back and spoon with my DR. A little confused at the moment
I will try to put forth a better effort tomorrow. :giggle:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I would like to know who graded Stafford from PFF?

What was the reasoning and point system matrix they use for QB's ?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Forgive me Tano for not being on my A game.
I had to have a prostate exam today and I'm kind of
mentally feeling a cross between being seriously violated and wanting to go
back and spoon with my DR. A little confused at the moment
I will try to put forth a better effort tomorrow. :giggle:
hilarious!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
PFF is all over the map. Fuckin idjits.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some more.

Rams PFF grades: Best and worst performers in Week 1 vs. Bears​

Cameron DaSilva
Mon, September 13, 2021, 12:37 PM

b155c8b9009b2ec9ac6658885add2e10

The Rams took care of business on Sunday night, beating the Bears 34-14 at SoFi Stadium. Matthew Stafford was a huge part of the victory, throwing for 321 yards and three touchdowns in his debut with the Rams.

But he wasn’t the only standout player from the game. The Rams got great games out of several players, with each of the 11 starters earning an overall grade above 66 from Pro Football Focus.
Here are the three highest-graded players on offense and defense, as well as the three lowest-graded from Sunday’s win over Chicago.
Top 3 offense
6628e4a0ac8fced15508492fe115bcc2

- ADVERTISEMENT -

(Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
  • David Edwards: 82.0
  • Cooper Kupp: 81.5
  • Matthew Stafford: 79.7
It was a stellar day from the offense in the season opener, with all 11 starters earning a grade of at least 66.8. Edwards was especially good at left guard and allowed only two pressures with no sacks or hits. Cooper Kupp not only found it easy to get open, but he was elusive after the catch and gained 44 yards with the ball in his hands. Stafford’s grade is probably a bit lower than expected, considering he had a near-perfect passer rating of 156.1. He missed one throw to Robert Woods in the end zone during the first half, but otherwise, he was outstanding in his debut.
Top 3 defense
24016bc2996218d8ef356001c3ce8f60

(Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
Hollins’ career day translated to an elite grade from PFF. He was great across the board, from defending the run to his tackling to rushing the passer. Young was also very good in his first start of the year, too, with an 82.7 coverage grade and 82.7 tackling grade. Those are two critical parts of being the Rams’ primary linebacker. Donald only had one sack and didn’t have his name called much, but he still had six pressures and was in the backfield quite a few times. His tackling grade of 25.1 was the lowest on the team, notably allowing David Montgomery to slip through his grasp for a 3-yard touchdown.
Bottom 3 offense
f51dbc28f29c2e90639f1bf275cc0909

(Photo by Katelyn Mulcahy/Getty Images)
Don’t look into these grades much at all. Atwell played two snaps, Michel played three and Mundt didn’t get a single target in his 15 snaps played. It’s hard to criticize players who were barely on the field, especially considering they touched the ball one time combined.
Bottom 3 defense
cf3e9d406668c5d16bfe0e923c6c19b0

(AP Photo/Kyusung Gong)
  • Terrell Lewis: 60.4
  • Leonard Floyd: 52.8
  • Jordan Fuller: 50.7
Floyd and Fuller ranking as the two lowest-graded players on defense is worth pointing out. Floyd didn’t generate a single pressure on 27 pass-rush snaps, and Fuller allowed four catches on four targets, giving up 30 yards after the catch – 18 more than any other defender on the Rams. Lewis had one pressure in his 11 pass-rush opportunities, playing a small role in the season opener. His playing time should increase as the season goes on and he gets healthy.
Other notables
888148c0769b689abe4cc7f915b9d637

(AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez)
  • Brian Allen: 77.9
  • Darrell Henderson: 71.7
  • Robert Rochell: 71.5
  • Taylor Rapp: 65.5
So far, so good for Allen in his return to the starting lineup. He did allow a sack to Akiem Hicks and was called for holding, but he held up relatively well – especially as a run blocker, where he earned an 82.1 grade. Henderson didn’t get many opportunities because the Rams only ran 50 plays, carrying it 16 times for 70 yards – most of which came in the fourth quarter. Rochell stepped in for David Long Jr. when he began experiencing cramps in the second half, breaking up a key fourth-down throw by Andy Dalton along the sideline. He was the only rookie to make a meaningful impact in the game. Rapp is back in the starting lineup and though his overall grade wasn’t all that great, he plays with good intensity and stepped up against the run. The combination of Rapp and Fuller is one that should only get better with time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would like to know who graded Stafford from PFF?

What was the reasoning and point system matrix they use for QB's ?

The reason for the poor grade is that nobody informed PFF personnel that Stafford is now in Los Angeles playing for the Rams, they thought he was still in Detroit.