Peters = Watkins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
What could we realistically get for him? Might need to retool that defense in the draft.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What could we realistically get for him? Might need to retool that defense in the draft.

If have to think that if I were the GM of another team what I would see is a guy the Rams gave up a 2nd round pick for, who has worn out his welcome everywhere he has been, and who has done his own thing all season and is owed $9M in his final year. So when Les Snead calls it would probably be an entertaining conversation at the least, i.e. I wouldn't give him much if anything and even a late round pick would require me to be desperate with a really bad depth chart.

IMO the Rams' choices are going to be whether to pay him that last year or just cut him and wish him well. And that probably comes down to how well he plays the rest of the way in the playoffs. Behind the scenes the Rams know what his problems are, so to what extent are they due to him not studying the scheme and knowing what he's doing? To what extent is it him losing a step? To what extent is it his general lack of give a F to play the call? Has he been injured? These are things none of us are privy to.

I hope the problem is that he struggled learning the scheme for most of the season. That would explain his struggles when Talib went out, well outside of the obvious problem of him drawing top wideouts. And it would give us hope that he might play well in the next two games, as well as the fact that he would be expected to play well next season in a contract year.

dang

Legend
I believe there is something going on with Peters confidence and he is over compensating with his attempts to intimidate and call out. His stats (Tackles, PDef, INT) have decreased every year since he came into the league. When Talib plays I am hopeful it settles him down which should have a positive effect on his confidence and performance. I am not sure I saw a settled Peters against the Cowboys but he has the skill and opportunity to really help the Rams against the Cowboys. Let's get through this season first, assess the entire defense (minus Donald, Littleton, Johnson) and see if Peters is in the long term game plan.