Pete Carroll out as Seahawks HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Rams fans, be like...
"We gonna miss ya, Pete" !!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mentioned this was going g to happen a while ago but still wasn't expecting it. The game has passed Petey by but it'll suck that McVay won't have his kid around to abuse twice a year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
bubble gum skull GIF by Sam Cannon
That would be a kickass avatar if it was Rams colors.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dan Quinn will be their next Head Coach IMHO.
Doubt that. They need to draft a QB and have been under a defensive dude for more than a decade. She'll chase a WCO crony.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Kind of dumb honestly - they have had a winning record last couple years.

Also I like having him there because we win a lot o vs them.

We've been a thorn in their side throughout most of the Carroll era, even when Fisher was here.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doubt that. They need to draft a QB and have been under a defensive dude for more than a decade. She'll chase a WCO crony.
Quinn IA well liked up there by team and fans. I think if he has an OC and a game plan it's his job to lose.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quinn IA well liked up there by team and fans. I think if he has an OC and a game plan it's his job to lose.
I'd love to see it because Quinn's limited as hell I think. But I'll be very surprised if it's not an offensive mind.

They've been confounded by their offense for too long. That pendulum will swing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd love to see it because Quinn's limited as hell I think. But I'll be very surprised if it's not an offensive mind.

They've been confounded by their offense for too long. That pendulum will swing.
I get that, but just because it's an offensive mind doesn't mean it'll be an improvement as I know you know.. I'll take a DC that's a good leader any day as long as he has a plan offensively.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get that, but just because it's an offensive mind doesn't mean it'll be an improvement as I know you know.. I'll take a DC that's a good leader any day as long as he has a plan offensively.
As would I. But we're talking about Jody Allen here. I'm projecting what I expect her to do.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As would I. But we're talking about Jody Allen here. I'm projecting what I expect her to do.
Which is likely being influenced by Schneider and even Petey himself.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which is likely being influenced by Schneider and even Petey himself.
True but she just timed out with Petey running the show. So he's like that waning moon right now from a power and influence perspective.

Same with Schneider. I mean those clowns loaded up their offense with a lot of talent but their problem has been the coaching on that side of things and the decision making as to who is QB.

So imagine being in that room right now. How do you solve QB. You and I both realize it doesn't have to be an offensive hire, but this will be her first hire as owner. Just the way I run that sim in my mind but we'll see.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Carroll has consistently put out decent teams that don't match up well with us for whatever reason. It's been good having him in the division as a non threatening presence, let's hope they don't get an upgrade there
Or an upgrad at quarterback. Which is probably the main reason they didn't make the playoffs in my opinion.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
With Carroll out, and Belichick potentially done in New England, Sean McVay could start next year tied for the 4th longest tenured head coach in the NFL, behind Mike Tomlin (17) years, John Harbaugh (16 years) and Andy Reid (11 years), and tied with Mike Shanahan and Sean McDermott.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Pete came back to the league when the meta was two high safeties and burned up the league with his brand of cover-3 and 4-3 under (which wasn't used a ton by others but his primary front) and coupled that with some stellar drafts (which were helped by him looking for guys that wouldn't have been as good in other defensive systems) and FA picks.

He was also one of the first teams of that era to pay big for UDFA and truly let them compete for starting jobs.

This led him to dominate for awhile.

He never changed things up though when the league started to change defensively and as much as Wilson helped the offense, he hamstrung it in numerous ways too.

Game passed him by.

Great motivator though. Shame he's gone, I was hoping we could ride playing his mediocrity for at least another season or two.