Patrick Mahomes gets 10 yr Extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
With Mahomes now averaging around 40 million per year how good does Jared Goff's contract look now? I mean many on here groused that paying him around 23 - 24 mill per year was way too much.
Turns out that Demoff and crew signed him just in time. With Mahomes' deal setting a new ceiling there is no way we could get Jared to sign for 40-45% less.

Great job FO!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

I called it here more than once, stating that all the bitching about Goff's contract lacked perspective, and that once guys like Mahomes started signing, Jared's would look like a pretty good deal. And at $16-17 million less per year than Mahomes, he looks like a bargain now.

Just think of what Dak and other QBs up for their 2nd contract are going to ask for now.

DVontel

Rookie
Before or after the season ending injuries?

WTF? Seriously? lol

I'm a Pirates fan so remember him going to the Mets! That's a long ass time ago! haha
I almost admire you of being so hellbent of him getting severely injured, lol.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I just can not comprehend how that is good for your team. What players are you losing to sign him to that? That shiny weapon Hill will be gone after this contract, fuck anyone else on the team. I dont give a fuck how good the player is, they DO NOT deserve 1/3 of the teams money. QBs need to have their own cap.

I believe there should be a formula to determine best player year in and year out. #1 ranked get X amount of money, #32 gets X amount of money per position. Make these guys earn their money. Something has to change. This shit is stupid at this point.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just can not comprehend how that is good for your team. What players are you losing to sign him to that? That shiny weapon Hill will be gone after this contract, fuck anyone else on the team. I dont give a fuck how good the player is, they DO NOT deserve 1/3 of the teams money. QBs need to have their own cap.

I believe there should be a formula to determine best player year in and year out. #1 ranked get X amount of money, #32 gets X amount of money per position. Make these guys earn their money. Something has to change. This shit is stupid at this point.
I'm not sure where to get the data, but I would imagine the players union is going to have to look at this. They arent protecting the league if the QB salaries keep escalating at such a high % while the average or median salary is only a slight bump (if at all).

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Wow, super high per year amount. Will be interesting seeing how that plays out for them if the cap doesn’t go up Over the next couple years.
But only $140M guaranteed. That’s not too bad for KC. I expected it to be closer to $200m

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I called it here more than once, stating that all the bitching about Goff's contract lacked perspective, and that once guys like Mahomes started signing, Jared's would look like a pretty good deal. And at $16-17 million less per year than Mahomes, he looks like a bargain now.

Just think of what Dak and other QBs up for their 2nd contract are going to ask for now.
Well, Goff will be up for a new contract in only around 3 years (signed thru 2024), and his current deal is at 33.5 mill per. So I'm not too sure Mahomes deal wont look like a bargain at this rate. Especially after he wins a SB or 2 before then.....

Tano

Legend
I almost admire you of being so hellbent of him getting severely injured, lol.
Just saying - don't be surprised if he does get injured. Maybe he won't. But that dude is small for a QB. He better be like Drew Brees and avoid the hits instead of trying to make plays like RG III. Last year in his rookie year, he had a hamstring injury. First year.

That usually does not trend out well.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Well, Goff will be up for a new contract in only around 3 years (signed thru 2024), and his current deal is at 33.5 mill per. So I'm not too sure Mahomes deal wont look like a bargain at this rate. Especially after he wins a SB or 2 before then.....

Well, with Goff entering the first season of 5 straight in which he will hoist the Lombardi, you're probably right.

:)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Okay... I do not think I like this. It sounds like a contract that messes a lot of things up as players try to value themselves and work deals.

Would you trade Donald AND Ramsey for Mahomes? Know what I mean?

The balance is off. It already was before this deal.

I mean Donald at $25, Ramsey at a new deal around $18... Boom. Can toss in another player too... all for Mahomes.

It looks off. But 10yrs is a long time... maybe it really escalates over that span?

tempests

Hall of Fame
Eye popping numbers but we knew it was going to be.

If I'm going to commit to a QB Mahomes is who I commit to. Time and time again he brought his team back from behind to win in the playoffs. Probably more MVP seasons in his future.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If I'm going to commit to a QB Mahomes is who I commit to. Time and time again he brought his team back from behind to win in the playoffs. Probably more MVP seasons in his future.

Yeah, I agree; he’s among the safer QB investments.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There goes winning while he’s on his rookie contract!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Chiefs can kiss Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones, and everyone not named Mahomes good-bye. I know that Mahomes is a great quarterback, but no one quarterback ever wins without help. Chiefs have to hope that all of their draft picks hit in order to compete.