Over My Dead Body

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gentlemen...Get ready for the Washington Bravehearts!
washington-bravehearts-750x.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The NFL can handle it then, our govornment should sdtay out of it, this is nothing but posturing for the voters back in different districts. I will wager every single one of my ROD bucks that every one of the 10 members of Congress that signed a letter sent to Snyder will be pointing to this as a victory to the voters back home.

This is really ugly politics.

I'm no fan of Snyder, in fact he is IMO a turd. But that doesn't mean these guys can do this.......it's wrong.
Exactly my position on it. What a useless exercise of political gamesmanship. I'm sure it really hurts when someone hears the Redskins beat the Bears. Whoopie fucking do.

Volnerman08

Rookie
I'm in the middle on this topic. I can totally see why some would want it changed, especially native americans, but I don't like when the government gets involved in sports like this. They have bigger issues to tackle right now, no pun intended.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The name will be changed. Right now there is nothing worse you can do than offend somebody. An owner said something offensive, he lost his team, yet they let guys like Ray Rice who beats women to stay in the league. The name will be changed, plain and simple.
Pretty sad commentary. True. But sad.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
"Yankees" disparages me, they're next.

This is stupid.

Hopefully their name gets changed to the "Washington Sentinals" like "The Replacements." That would make me laugh, better than "Bravehearts". That's low.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It's going to happen, I don't know why we bother fighting it. Snyder needs to just bite the bullet, it's going to change sooner rather than later. Unless he just hopes to die before it changes. Frankly as soon as they turned away the "Redskins Hog Rinds" based on racism late last year, you knew they were going to take away from the team eventually.

I don't really care either way, keep the name, you wont see me rioting over it. Change the name, you certainly wont see me complaining either. I agree that the government has bigger things to work on, but this isn't the first time they've wasted time over sports and wont be the last. 90% of what they do is pointless pandering anyway. I don't give two shits about Washington or their team or what they want to call themselves.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I agree that the government has bigger things to work on, but this isn't the first time they've wasted time over sports and wont be the last. 90% of what they do is pointless pandering anyway. I don't give two shits about Washington or their team or what they want to call themselves.
Speaking of which, earlier this morning on TV I saw where Congress called in Dr Oz for making a claim that a weight loss pill was a "miracle" on television.

Go Gubmint!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
A name change is inevitable. It's become exponentially clear that there is a large contingent that takes issues with the name...if there wasn't it wouldn't be the issue it is.

If I'm Daniel Snyder I'm putting up a faux fight to satisfy the fanbase...while behind the scenes I'm generating a marketing plan for a name and Identity change.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So are they gonna have to change the name AND logo? Or just the name?

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Free speech and all yes, but I wonder the reaction if a team's name involved other disparaging names from the past used to name a sports team.

Like Yankees? Have any of you really stopped to think what the term "Yankee Doodle Dandy" meant when the British used it during the Revolutionary War? When does PC end?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A name change is inevitable. It's become exponentially clear that there is a large contingent that takes issues with the name...if there wasn't it wouldn't be the issue it is.

If I'm Daniel Snyder I'm putting up a faux fight to satisfy the fanbase...while behind the scenes I'm generating a marketing plan for a name and Identity change.
Hey Turtle, you need the Sinatra avatar (love that)....Yeah, I think it's happening after this season...One good thing for the Skins, is that there will be gargantuan gear sales if he does it right.

Volnerman08

Rookie
Speaking of which, earlier this morning on TV I saw where Congress called in Dr Oz for making a claim that a weight loss pill was a "miracle" on television.

Go Gubmint!
Is Dr Oz a real doctor or a Dr Phil kind of doctor? Lol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You know how many Dolphins are killed during tuna harvesting?

I'm offended by Miami's flippant attitude and their happy-go-lucky mascot.
Get on that, Congress.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Lost in all of this, for me at least, is how the heck do the cowgirls get to maintain their own deal for team items? In a league where basically all revenue is shared (other than stadium profits on parking, concessions, etc.) how do they get away with this?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lost in all of this, for me at least, is how the heck do the cowgirls get to maintain their own deal for team items? In a league where basically all revenue is shared (other than stadium profits on parking, concessions, etc.) how do they get away with this?
I'm also offended by Cowboys, because one of them killed Wyatt's brother.

Get on that, Congress.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm also offended by Cowboys, because one of them killed Wyatt's brother.

Get on that, Congress.
and "Cowboy" is just a dog whistle phrase for "Redneck" or "Cracker".....get on it Congress!