PREGAME On to Jacksonville

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Nor am I giving up hope. I'm taking my son to his first game every (mine too for that matter). I decided on this game specifically because I assumed the odds where heavily in our favor that we win and win big. I'm not so sure on the win big part, but, dammit, we better win this one!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I may just put $50 on Jax. This game scares the shit out of me.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nobody wins the Superbowl in November
Beat up on Jacksonville, get to 8-4 and then smack down the Cards and everything will look a whole lot different

The Ramowl

Starter
This is our get right game and it cannot arrive at a better moment. If we lose that one, I think we miss the playoffs because the rest of the schedule won't give us the opportunity to improve and right the ship as much, it's pretty tough.
I think/hope everyone in the building understands the importance of winning on sunday, and it's far from being done.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know its apples and oranges but the Braves won 88 games in the reg season. Took some time for their new acquisitions to gel and get hot....

Maybe this can happen with us....better to be an optimist.....thats what a fan does!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am definitely hopeful in spite of all the recent disappointment. Still love this team and am rooting hard for all of them to come through.

They do have the talent to do it if OBJ can settle in and become a big threat for us and they get 9 to throttle back a bit. Get that defense playing better at the other safety spot and maybe ILB Jones starts clicking.

One game at a time. Let's get that dub vs Jax. :thumbsup1:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I may just put $50 on Jax. This game scares the shit out of me.
I feel like they'll unload on Jax and they have a lot of anger to unload. Or should have a lot of anger. If they don't then yeah we're effed regardless.

Jax by the way is 29th in passer rating against. Much easier secondary this week after facing that Green Bay unit. Hope we can take advantage.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think we're gonna have to get right against the jags. Run the ball, playaction and get Stafford used to not having to play the hero every time he's out there. This isn't Detroit.
Mcvay need to reel in his play calling
When he decides to do that we'll see a more competitive team

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Proud of the Ram run D, which got thoroughly "outcoached" by GB in last years playoffs.

GB jumped out to some big leads and pounded us 32 times resulting in only 92 yards.

Like to see some press coverage along with a blitz to spice things up on some 3rd downs.

This team can handle anybody if they avoid turnovers and instead create some.

Jags play hard and have a talented rookie QB so fasten your seat belts just in case.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Proud of the Ram run D, which got thoroughly "outcoached" by GB in last years playoffs.

GB jumped out to some big leads and pounded us 32 times resulting in only 92 yards.

Like to see some press coverage along with a blitz to spice things up on some 3rd downs.

Jags play hard and have a talented rookie QB so fasten your seat belts just in case.
I was stunned to hear that the Rams opened at -15 1/2...I wouldn't give 15+ on the Rams against anybody in the NFL right now, the way they have tossed chunks the past 3 weeks...Would be nice though...I can say that (and I don't ever remember saying this): I fully expect them to get by the Jags, but should they crap themselves this week, I will have to close up my playoff tent for this year...I'll retire briefly to my "room of pain" now for a self-served flogging...

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Even though they were only averaging 2.87 per carry..GB ran it 32 times anyway…that protects the QB….Martz ruined Bulger with the same kind of play calling that Sean is running….takes discipline to run, especially when your per carry avg is low….it keeps the linebackers honest…haven’t checked, but how many times did the Rams run it?

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even though they were only averaging 2.87 per carry..GB ran it 32 times anyway…that protects the QB….Martz ruined Bulger with the same kind of play calling that Sean is running….takes discipline to run, especially when your per carry avg is low….it keeps the linebackers honest…haven’t checked, but how many times did the Rams run it?
I get it but its much easier to run the ball when you have a lead. We have fallen behind each of the last 3 games.

There is a reason McVay is undefeated when leading at the half....to me that is the key, get ahead and we typically stay ahead.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coming back to answer my own question…The Rams ran it 19 times for 69 yards…a 3.63 avg per run.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it but its much easier to run the ball when you have a lead. We have fallen behind each of the last 3 games.

There is a reason McVay is undefeated when leading at the half....to me that is the key, get ahead and we typically stay ahead.
Agree…but Sean called an empty backfield on our own 12 and got Stafford murdered…and lost a fumble. You can establish the run down one score…after that play the Rams quickly fell behind by 2 scores.

TexasRam

Legend
Late season tweaks leading to playoff success is common in the NFL.

Hell, wildcard teams can surge to the Super Bow if they can find their winning formula.

I’m hopeful we use this game to finally fix the stupid zone bullshit and implement the ball control offense we need.

Personnel changes should include benching Rapp and Reeder.