OL Depth following the trade for Dotson ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
No one has taken Anchrum's RG spot. I find it hard to believe after OTA's, Training camp and then 3 preseason games where Anchrum has taken the majority of snaps at RG, and doing a good job by the way, they bench him in favor of someone nobody knows (Dotson), or someone who has taken no snaps there at all (Noteboom). Rams coaches aren't that stupid. Anchrum will be starting at RG k opening game.

I have 50,000$ ROD bucks to wager anyone who thinks otherwise.
Agreed, I wouldn't take that bet, Noteboom offers the potential to play at least 3 positions off the bench if needed and I think that is where he starts the season.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
What has Shelton done to win the center job? I haven’t seen any reports that Allen has fucked up this training camp. I’m not anti Shelton and want the best man to play, but I think Allen will get one last chance to prove he can be healthy.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What has Shelton done to win the center job? I haven’t seen any reports that Allen has fucked up this training camp. I’m not anti Shelton and want the best man to play, but I think Allen will get one last chance to prove he can be healthy.
I keep thinking the same thing, but I believe Jordan, who keeps saying Shelton.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If that's true then it's definitely Shelton. I prefer him to the injury prone Allen
Whatever the best 5 are! All things being equal, would love for the athletically superior prospect (at center AND guard) to beat out the other if possible.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I think Dotson starts somewhere. They gave up a 4th rounder and for an OG that means starter to me.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think Dotson starts somewhere. They gave up a 4th rounder and for an OG that means starter to me.
Agree. The Rams are also taking-on a $2.7M cap hit; and, that is telling to me.

All seven veterans, previously added this off-season, were signed for the veteran minimum or very close to it.

The Rams passed on re-signing Gaines and Gay who both carry 2023 cap hits of around $3M.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Yea, but Gains and Gay were looking for more than $3 million, if I'm not mistaken.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yea, but Gains and Gay were looking for more than $3 million, if I'm not mistaken.
I'm sure Greg Gaines was but all he got was a one year / $3.5M (just double checked).
Also, the way his deal was structured, with voidable years, the 2023 cap hit is only $1.6M.

Matt Gay did sign a big deal, as he should have for being a top-PK, but his 2023 cap hit is still just $3.1M.

I understood most of the Rams' off-season moves designed to save and create salary cap space for 2024. However, there were two decisions that really disappointed me ... Gaines and Gay.

Gaines would be the Rams' 2nd best DL, and their D-Line looks weak to me.
A top-tier place-kicker is hard to find, and is impactful on a winning team.

I felt like the Rams should have re-signed both. Maybe both players wanted to leave.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I'm sure Greg Gaines was but all he got was a one year / $3.5M (just double checked).
Also, the way his deal was structured, with voidable years, the 2023 cap hit is only $1.6M.

Matt Gay did sign a big deal, as he should have for being a top-PK, but his 2023 cap hit is still just $3.1M.

I understood most of the Rams' off-season moves designed to save and create salary cap space for 2024. However, there were two decisions that really disappointed me ... Gaines and Gay.

Gaines would be the Rams' 2nd best DL, and their D-Line looks weak to me.
A top-tier place-kicker is hard to find, and is impactful on a winning team.

I felt like the Rams should have re-signed both. Maybe both players wanted to leave.
Since he's on a one year, maybe they'll bring him back next year if he's around

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Jourdan mentioned the Rams did offer Gaines a similar contract, probably slightly less. Gaines had also mentioned taxes when questioned about what brought him to Tampa.
...and probably 4 times the house (if that matters)! :woozy2:

oldnotdead

Legend
Gaines left for the same reason Wagner left, and Ramsey wanted out. They were tired of how Morris used them and expected them to play scared. Morris took away Gaine's natural aggression, the same as he did with Wagner and Ramsey. He took a pure one gap 1T NT and expected him to play as a two gap 0T NT. Wagner was expected to play both WIL and SAM while his buddy Jones sat in the middle. Wagner was insulted as he's a pure MIKE LB as well. Ramsey was forced to play 8 yds off the LOS when he's a pure bump and run coverage CB.

Get the picture? Morris doesn't play to his players strengths. He's even got Donald questioning himself, that he's got to be better??!! Give me a fucking break. Defend Morris all you want but you have to ignore the damage Raheem has done to this roster. Don't forget he specifically wanted Bobby Brown, but Brown is a 1T NT not a 0T two gapper but that's how Raheem plays him.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Or we keep Dotson as a backup and next year we move Avila to C and Dotson to LG

Not sure why this board is so obsessed with moving Avila.

He was drafted to play LG.

Noteboom getting moved to Guard is getting tested at RG even though he’s comfortable on the left. Why? Because Avila is the LG. Moving young players so much hurts their development IMO. Notice our best OL (Hav) has never been asked to play anything but RT?

Draft a center or RG. Leave Avila where he’s at. Let him become a pro bowl/all pro LG

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Gaines left for the same reason Wagner left, and Ramsey wanted out. They were tired of how Morris used them and expected them to play scared. Morris took away Gaine's natural aggression, the same as he did with Wagner and Ramsey. He took a pure one gap 1T NT and expected him to play as a two gap 0T NT. Wagner was expected to play both WIL and SAM while his buddy Jones sat in the middle. Wagner was insulted as he's a pure MIKE LB as well. Ramsey was forced to play 8 yds off the LOS when he's a pure bump and run coverage CB.

Get the picture? Morris doesn't play to his players strengths. He's even got Donald questioning himself, that he's got to be better??!! Give me a fucking break. Defend Morris all you want but you have to ignore the damage Raheem has done to this roster. Don't forget he specifically wanted Bobby Brown, but Brown is a 1T NT not a 0T two gapper but that's how Raheem plays him.

Ramsey wanted to move? When did he say that?

Wagner wasn’t a top 5 LB and second team all pro?

I’m not a fan of Morris, but let’s not make stuff up.