Ogletree traded to Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Wade is living close to his daughter he will not go anywhere unless he has health issues or burns out otherwise I see him doing this for as long as he can. Now as far as the trade well the picks are great obviously you have to hit on some or most but I don't think the Rams are hanging there hats on these picks all mid to late rounders. They must have something else in mind via free agency some players loyal to wade maybe a veteran or two that can keep it warm til the youngins can step up tampering or not who knows what goes on behind the scenes I'm sure wade has kept friendly with some of the linebackers we will be needing. Honestly I'd love to be able to resign Donald then Watkins or Allen Robinson then Poe then or the Titans dude who got hurt but his name slips my mind lol then NRC and a corner like talib ......can this be done with the cap space available????? Tru is not coming back especially after this trade and the cash he wants

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Thing is, we HAD a good 4-3 defense before Wade got here. He comes in, and sure we ranked top ten overall, but that's only because teams were running for 7 ypc against us instead of passing. Now we end up getting rid of all of our players to build a 3-4. We're probably two years away from having a middle of the road defense now at this rate.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Thing is, we HAD a good 4-3 defense before Wade got here. He comes in, and sure we ranked top ten overall, but that's only because teams were running for 7 ypc against us instead of passing. Now we end up getting rid of all of our players to build a 3-4. We're probably two years away from having a middle of the road defense now at this rate.
Nah, I think our defense will be better this next year than last year. Patience young grasshopper. Offseason has just begun.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah, I think our defense will be better this next year than last year. Patience young grasshopper. Offseason has just begun.

yep, we were all saying the defense was gonna get overhauled after the falcons loss. just starting the process.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Even though I liked Tree because he was a Ram, I also like this move by the Rams. Ogletree was not a fit as a 3-4 inside linebacker. With this trade the Rams free up cap space and a roster spot for someone (yet to be named) who will be a much better fit. Like others here have noted, I thought he was a fixture due to the extension but truth be told I would pick a healthy Barron over Tree. Decent Inside 3-4 backers are not hard to find and do not usually cost 10 mil a season. I actually hope the Rams keep Barron around now but I suspect he could still be cut or traded.

After this trade Spotrac says the Rams now have $47+/- mil, (includes the 11,287,00 for Joyner) Add another $3 for dumping Tavon and the Rams will have around 50 mil in cap space with Joyner already secured for anther year at least. If you set aside the extra 14 mil needed to extend Donald, who already counts 6.89 mil against the cap, then that leaves the Rams 36 million in usable cap space. Take out 7 mil for the rookie pool and 3 mil for in-season cash then our Rams have about 26 million to work with for upcoming free agency.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
yep, we were all saying the defense was gonna get overhauled after the falcons loss. just starting the process.

I was ready to make changes after the Redskins game.
But the thing is, why try to run a 3-4 if you don't have the personnel?

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I'd love that !

25xyp7.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Anybody got the outdated ass draft value chart? What could the Rams theoretically get if they just bundled all those 6th round picks? A third rounder maybe?

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Like others have said, In Wade we trust. As much as I loved Tree's leadership, his play as a MLB was suspect and at times a liability.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was ready to make changes after the Redskins game.
But the thing is, why try to run a 3-4 if you don't have the personnel?

generally the 2nd year of wade's tenure is when the d really takes off. i don't have anything to back that up but that's my take, mainly due to his broncos stint i guess.

wade is one of the best and i'd much prefer have him and make a few changes than not have him. let's revisit at the end of this season.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
This is a complete defensive rebuild ln a team that just won the division. I trust these coaches but I'm honestly a little scared

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I understand it, but the Giants got the better end of this deal IF they play Alec where he should be, in the WILL position. Let him chase and you have a Pro Bowl addition to the Giants defense.

Sad day for Rams fans. Seriously man, I love Alec. Best of luck to you and family AO!!!

Their d coordinator is the cardinals old dc. Runs a 3-4 as well.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Are you kidding? We're going to get a 6th rounder for him!

With his contract, we'll have to relinquish a 3rd or 4th rounder to have a team eat up the cap space of his contract.