Ogletree traded to Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I want NRC back, but I have a feeling that they're letting him go.

Keeping Austin cost Rams 8 mil, cutting saves 3 mil, he's not worth either to the Rams

Hope Snead can get something for him , anything , even a 7th round pick in 2024 would be ok with me , just to be able to dump his salery

Your rambling post was hard to make sense of and I quit reading half way through it... just say'in.

Ok got it about 6 hours too late to the party but already handled thanks for you wonderful input as well.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
He wasn't that good. Like the move.

Let's face reality. We might not be able to do better than Ogletree but for certain he wasn't a fit for this defense and wan't going to be part a defense that will take us to the promised land. It is somewhat of a risk. I would rather DO SOMETHING to try and make the team better. His money will likely be better spent elsewhere.

Defenses can be good with schemes and not great players.

Watkins almost certainly coming back.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/14/giants-alec-ogletree-our-defensive-quarterback/

Giants: Alec Ogletree our “defensive quarterback”
Posted by Josh Alper on March 14, 2018

gettyimages-8563803921-e1521059897650.jpg

Getty Images

The Giants were finally able to make their trade for linebacker Alec Ogletree official on Wednesday.

They sent fourth- and sixth-round picks to the Rams in order to pick up the veteran and left no doubt about the role they have carved out for him in their defense.

“We’re very excited to have made the trade for Alec,” General Manager Dave Gettleman said in a statement. “He gives us our defensive quarterback. He was a two-time captain with the Rams, voted on by his teammates. He’s a leader, and that’s very important to us. Just as important, he’s a quality three-down MIKE linebacker. We’re just thrilled to have him.”

Ogletree has four years left on the deal he signed with the Rams last October. He’s set to have cap numbers of $10 million in 2018, 2019 and 2020 and a $9 million charge in 2021. The Giants can get all the money back in the final three years of the deal should the thrill that Gettleman is feeling on Wednesday dissipate over time.