Ogletree traded to Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Trade chip .got a fourth and a sixth and the experiment didn't work out .this is almost too many changes though. Can defenses in transition be contenders? Our offense managed to do it at least

My thoughts exactly and the reaction from the players is not positive.

jacktheripper85

Starter
I said it after the Falcon game that Ogletree’s whiff was the biggest play of that game. Looks like the Rams coaches felt the same way. Not a huge loss. I’m sure we will be spending money on a guy Wade has his eye on.

TexasRam

Legend
Sorry to offend but Ogletree was one of the lowest rated LBers in the NFL.

Needs to be on OLB in a 4-3

A55VA6

Legend
I like it. Ogletree has been below average and had an awful 2017. Loving these moves right now.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I liked me some Olgetree. Thought he was a good leader.

He did have the most significant missed tackle (IMO) of the season though. Against the Falcons in the playoffs. It was a screen pass if I remember correctly. It was 3rd down and would have stopped the falcons opening drive in the second half. Instead he whiffs big time and extends the falcons drive.

I don’t understand. Wade is only here 2 more years wonder if he gets extended but also he’s getting long in the tooth. How much longer does he plan to coach?

Bizzare offseason so far.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Hmm this trade doesn't make ton of sense to me. I thought Tree was coming into his own personally. That said, there is no way they don't have some wink wink deal with at least one of the FA MLB's (Bowman, Williamson, ect.) to do this trade. They literally cannot go into the draft with that glaring of a need. My guess is they are freeing up money for either signing Watkins and a CB to go along with one of the MLB's. That said, I'd have demanded a 3rd and keep your 6th.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Do we even have any lbs left at this point ?

Mark Barron who Wade Phillips really likes. He has said from day one there are not to many LBers that have his skill set.
If you rewatch game tape you can see a lot of miss opened tackles by Alex Ogletree.
This draft has 2 Alabama LBers that are really special.
If not one of them there is a lot of depth there.

—Signing Tru would be great !! Would cross of CB in the draft.
— Yes Sammy Watkins is a player that could be worth it ?
What happens to Tavon ?

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
I said it after the Falcon game that Ogletree’s whiff was the biggest play of that game. Looks like the Rams coaches felt the same way. Not a huge loss. I’m sure we will be spending money on a guy Wade has his eye on.
^ what i was thinking
train

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
holy freak.. to be honest, i will not miss him. Absolutely great player, but not for Wade's D.
i wish the best for him, cya.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I didn't see thus one coming, I am honestly not happy. He had a bad grade last year but he has been a leader since he joined this team .

Don't think Todd gurley is gonna be very happy .

That said we have alot of cap space and I see a total defensive rebuild coming , can we keep TRU now ?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Very dangerous approach unless they're gonna go all out in free agency

How much will it cost to bring in Todd Davis? We dont even know now what the thought is on Barron. Are they keeping him because right now we traded 2 of our 4 LBs from last year and Barwin is a FA. Thats a lot of turnover.
As I write this just seen an alert on my phone from Ian Rappaport: Rams frustrated with Ogletrees run defense.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
This is my first real head scratcher. Removed a team leader, great clubhouse guy and really he played in a new position this year so he was a little off. But I don’t think you can really doubt his overall ability. And you can see some of the player reactions. I’ll wait and see what the team does in the draft and feee agency. But on the surface I’d dont like it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

yep, it seems that whiff sealed his fate. inexcusable play.

i can't say i'm upset by the rams making this move.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Love this move. Tree was a huge liability covering RBs, missed too many tackles, and couldn't get off blocks. His leadership will be missed, but the Rams need more especially for what he was paid. I would have liked more, but compensation is fair since Giants have to take on Tree's huge contract. I think Wagner and Keuchly are the only MLBs that make more.

I posted in my mock I would rather keep Barron because he is a better fit in today's NFL, but I didn't think the Rams agreed. I guess they do agree

Rich

UDFA
Name
Rich
NFL.com just posted
" Rams traded Alex Ogletree partly because they were frustrated with his run defense "

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I understand moving Alec completely. What I don't understand was the contract he was last season.

Alec wasn't worth that money and still isn't so why was it given in the first place?

Strange stuff. I get it though.