Offseason Workouts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Nice to see Paris Ford getting in the workouts with AD. Probably a big reason we landed him as a udfa.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder how this plays out. Stafford needs to learn the playbook and get on the same page with everyone, and the OL needs reps together since there will be at least two new starters at C and RG.
Stafford has probably been at McVay's house and talking over questions with the playbook. I wouldn't sweat him. But it's definitely a bad deal for the young guys.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stafford has probably been at McVay's house and talking over questions with the playbook. I wouldn't sweat him. But it's definitely a bad deal for the young guys.
I'm sure he's getting his mental reps, no doubt, but it's the timing I'm worried about. Each receiver runs their routes differently. We need them bombs and deep outs to be on the money.

RamsOfCastamere

Nice to see Paris Ford getting in the workouts with AD. Probably a big reason we landed him as a udfa.
I didn't realize Paris Ford was in one of the clips I posted earlier. Here's a video of him alone. Donald works out with the Pitt guys so he should know first hand who's putting in work.

This probably should be in another thread but another guy that would be interesting to watch is AD's nephew, Elliot Donald, who's also a DT. He's going to be a true freshman at Pitt this year. I've seen him working out with AD and his trainer throughout high school. He's a top 10 recruit according the rankings on CBS sports, and is already 6'2 250.

View: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CObaztCAUd5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
This probably should be in another thread but another guy that would be interesting to watch is AD's nephew, Elliot Donald, who's also a DT. He's going to be a true freshman at Pitt this year. I've seen him working out with AD and his trainer throughout high school. He's a top 10 recruit according the rankings on CBS sports, and is already 6'2 250.

Can we find a way to sign that kid now, I want that gene pool to continue with the Rams into the next generation.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Damn. That first one... Noteboom lifting weights like that over his face. I don’t know if I’d recommend that exercise.

:D
His form is very good, the elbow to shoulder should be still so the tricep is isolated to perform the work. My personal preference is to go slightly behind the head in controlled movements to get additional negative resistance from gravity.

I'm sure the professional trainer that is Rams organization approved has their reasons and objectives for the workout that reaches far beyond my armchair opinion.

oldnotdead

Legend
Havenstein's weakness isn't his upper body strength. His weakness is poor quickness in his pass protection, particularly in his slide to mirror. He's always had slow feet. I'd like to see him working on that. Dunlap and others owned him with a simple speed rush. He didn't give up 9 sacks and god knows how many pressures over the past two years because he had a problem with upper body strength. He got beat by speed and IMO Havenstein is the weak link on this o-line. His performance simply doesn't justify his cap hit.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
As much as I love seeing AD crushing his workouts, it always makes me nervous seeing that Steelers logo in the background. I'm still bothered that we lost Kevin Green and Jerome Bettis to the them.

RamsOfCastamere

Havenstein's weakness isn't his upper body strength. His weakness is poor quickness in his pass protection, particularly in his slide to mirror. He's always had slow feet. I'd like to see him working on that. Dunlap and others owned him with a simple speed rush. He didn't give up 9 sacks and god knows how many pressures over the past two years because he had a problem with upper body strength. He got beat by speed and IMO Havenstein is the weak link on this o-line. His performance simply doesn't justify his cap hit.
I can’t find a video but here’s a pic of him doing something speed related.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPLx1BrsWNu/?utm_medium=copy_link