Official Rams@Ravens Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
Haven’t commented all year. Felt the need to comment after this loss.

Typical Fisher game. He’s just not a very good head coach. He’s basically what he is. Average. The big issue with this team is we have dumb players. And I mean dumb. And these are Fisher’s players. His free agents. His draft picks.

Kenny Britt. I’ve never seen a dumber football player. Keenum signals him to change up his route and again he just doesn’t get it. And then he’s all smiles after he screws up. He’s mister smiley. That’s good. I’m glad he’s happy. It’s like the smile of a brain dead idiot. I’d love to walk around with that kind of happiness after messing up on your job. He’s done this a few times this year.

Greg Robinson. Need I say more? I mean really. You don’t see the guy to the outside of you? He’s just not picking up the game as a left tackle. Try to slide him inside. He’s thinking way too hard. The problem with that is, he’s not very bright. I can see smoke coming off the top of his helmet when he’s thinking.

Jared Cook. He had a good game and has played well of late, but he’s just too unreliable for the amount of money he’s making. And I’ve never seen a guy with his physical gifts not be able to stay on his feet after he makes his first move. It’s like he has no balance what so ever. He’s supposed to be a game breaker. Hard to be a game breaker when you can’t stay on your feet in traffic. Again, doesn’t strike me as a particularly bright guy. Needs to go.

Brian Quick? Really? No words for this guy. He’s non-existent most games. Another athletic marvel. Can you believe they made a “secret” trip to West Virginia to scout this guy? Secret. As in on the down low. Shhhhhhhhhhh. We don't want anyone knowing. And they were acting like giddy school girls when he was there at the top of the second round after picking him. That tells me all I need to know about your player evaluation ability.

This team cannot, and I mean cannot break the bank to sign Jenkins. Jenkins is having a great year. But that money needs to go to the offensive side of the ball. Particularly offensive lineman. Guys who have done it and can stay healthy. Hard to evaluate our QBs when they’re under constant pressure. Our best left tackle of the last few years has been Roger Saffold? Hmmmmm. Makes you wonder huh.

I'm not even going to go into the last sequence of plays on offense at the end of the game that resulted in a Zurlein missed field goal. Just bad. Ok, maybe one question. Why not take advantage of Keenum's mobility and maybe set up a play action boot on 3rd and 5 on that last play? If it's not there take a slide and continue to run the clock before the field goal try. Or maybe a read option play? Keenum hasn't been able to make a throw all day and you call a little timing out pass to Welker? Whatever. It is what it is.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He's the best competitor on the team. I'm delusional and mad. but yes, I'd be lying if I didn't admit the play looked on the dirty side to me. Just because you can break a guys arm, doesn't mean you should. Maybe I need to cool off. Right now I'm mad at everyone in the organization.
Yeah he meant to do that :mrburnsevil:

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I'm tired of watching olineman drafted early, drafted in the middle, brought in through FA all not get better. I don't care how good Paul Boudreau was in Atlanta. He hasn't accomplished anything with the Rams.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about all the annalists and talking heads in the middle of last summer that had the Rams as heading in the right direction?
So, we have this team that can't get right. Even with draft picks most teams would almost kill for, the team falls flat.
I'm stung again early that we are not competitive and looking forward to the draft. How weird is that?
I'm so hard headed, I keep coming back for more, year after year, hoping somehow, someway, the 1999 Rams show up.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'm so pissed I can't even come up with a decent rant. That's the definition of defeated...BIFPO!!
snoopyhockey_zps913211a5.gif

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The OL has been a disaster since Fisher got here. Every attempt to bolster the OL has ended in poor play and injuries. At some point you would think they could make it through a season with 3 or 4 of the game 1 starters still playing in week 17.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Great coaches make more out of what they have

Good coaches take advantage out of what they have, but don't necessarily elevate it.

Bad coaches make less out of what they have.

Fisher is a bad coach.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The OL has been a disaster since Fisher got here. Every attempt to bolster the OL has ended in poor play and injuries. At some point you would think they could make it through a season with 3 or 4 of the game 1 starters still playing in week 17.
Exactly! At some time before the end of time they need to look into why the O liners are always getting injured in droves! It has to be the coaching, conditioning, or something to do with their scheme.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This season is burning me out. They showed promise early and injuries and coaching has killed it. I keep wondering if Gurley will be cursed with bad Olines like Steven Jackson was.

Then the QB play. Snead and Fisher have to find a quality QB at all costs. That position is the difference between winning and losing these close games.

Get a new OLine coach, a new OC, some receivers. So close yet so far. I am not expecting another win this year.

I am getting tired of watching this team. Sundays have lost there luster lately.

It seems this franchise is destined to ruin QBs and waste RBs. Why has no Rams HC since DV had any success fielding an OL that is not over matched every week?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Derek Stanley just said it well on 101 moments ago;

"We have had only 1 complete game all year. Arizona. It's like the Rams are two separate teams. Offense and defense. No cohesion."

They also were slamming the Rams 213yds of offense today. "You're the 31st ranked offense and you actually decline by 30% today."

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Yeah he meant to do that :mrburnsevil:
So nobody else thought that looked a bit violent? I remember being relieved it was "just" a broken arm. I withdraw the anger at Donald. Like I said. It was a dumb thing to post on my part.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So nobody else thought that looked a bit violent? I remember being relieved it was "just" a broken arm. I withdraw the anger at Donald. Like I said. It was a dumb thing to post on my part.
We are talking about NFL football, it is a violent game. I'll take that kind of hit every play.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Haven’t commented all year. Felt the need to comment after this loss.

Typical Fisher game. He’s just not a very good head coach. He’s basically what he is. Average. The big issue with this team is we have dumb players. And I mean dumb. And these are Fisher’s players. His free agents. His draft picks.

Kenny Britt. I’ve never seen a dumber football player. Keenum signals him to change up his route and again he just doesn’t get it. And then he’s all smiles after he screws up. He’s mister smiley. That’s good. I’m glad he’s happy. It’s like the smile of a brain dead idiot. I’d love to walk around with that kind of happiness after messing up on your job. He’s done this a few times this year.

Greg Robinson. Need I say more? I mean really. You don’t see the guy to the outside of you? He’s just not picking up the game as a left tackle. Try to slide him inside. He’s thinking way too hard. The problem with that is, he’s not very bright. I can see smoke coming off the top of his helmet when he’s thinking.

Jared Cook. He had a good game and has played well of late, but he’s just too unreliable for the amount of money he’s making. And I’ve never seen a guy with his physical gifts not be able to stay on his feet after he makes his first move. It’s like he has no balance what so ever. He’s supposed to be a game breaker. Hard to be a game breaker when you can’t stay on your feet in traffic. Again, doesn’t strike me as a particularly bright guy. Needs to go.

Brian Quick? Really? No words for this guy. He’s non-existent most games. Another athletic marvel. Can you believe they made a “secret” trip to West Virginia to scout this guy? Secret. As in on the down low. Shhhhhhhhhhh. We don't want anyone knowing. And they were acting like giddy school girls when he was there at the top of the second round after picking him. That tells me all I need to know about your player evaluation ability.

This team cannot, and I mean cannot break the bank to sign Jenkins. Jenkins is having a great year. But that money needs to go to the offensive side of the ball. Particularly offensive lineman. Guys who have done it and can stay healthy. Hard to evaluate our QBs when they’re under constant pressure. Our best left tackle of the last few years has been Roger Saffold? Hmmmmm. Makes you wonder huh.

I'm not even going to go into the last sequence of plays on offense at the end of the game that resulted in a Zurlein missed field goal. Just bad. Ok, maybe one question. Why not take advantage of Keenum's mobility and maybe set up a play action boot on 3rd and 5 on that last play? If it's not there take a slide and continue to run the clock before the field goal try. Or maybe a read option play? Keenum hasn't been able to make a throw all day and you call a little timing out pass to Welker? Whatever. It is what it is.
Can't disagree. So many guys dumb as a box of rocks. One or two is ok. Every team has them. They're a bunch of jocks anyway. But on offense having three of them in cook, quick and Robinson isn't looking good. At least we're good at injuring other teams qbs though. #mobsquad

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I'd like to say I saw some positives, but man there aren't many. The play calling at the end of the game is always terrible. Three straight passes when the run was getting going and you have a mobile concussed qb who can roll out....
This team just isn't preparing to win games every week. They prepare to compete, but not win.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Can't disagree. So many guys dumb as a box of rocks. One or two is ok. Every team has them. They're a bunch of jocks anyway. But on offense having three of them in cook, quick and Robinson isn't looking good. At least we're good at injuring other teams qbs though. #mobsquad

"Never draft a stupid player"

It is proven time and time again to be sound advice yet Snisher does not seem to follow it. To be fair, I am not sure any of these guys are slow. I don't know them. But if they're having trouble "learning the game" after years.... then yes, they are slow. Countless jocks who have average at best intelligence manage just fine. Either figure it out or get lost.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Like I said. It was a dumb thing to post on my part.

A good man admits when he's wrong. I post something dumb at least a couple of times a week. Maybe the saying in the post box "Think Before You Post" will have to be bolded and in a bigger font to remind us all.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I don't really think it matters because this team is clearly in shambles, but our only positive is we remain 2 games back. The Falcons lost today.

On a side note, I am also in shambles. I'm flat offended we lost this game, blew a 10 point fourth quarter lead, and Tavon had two touches.

I'll never wish to lose out, but a high pick and two second rounders is something a new coach would find useful. I'm hoping we draft that Memphis QB at this point.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave

It was just one of those things. Players get tackled like that all the time. Most don't get hurt. Look at how Keenum got hurt. QBs fall like that all the time but most of the time they don't get a concussion from it. Or if you were watching the Vikings game today. TB left the game on a routine tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.