Official Rams Cuts and Practice Squad Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
39 players were claimed off waivers today, 39 more went on waivers. Rams can still make a roster move or 2. Odd to have 3 QB's on the 53 and one on the practice squad.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Kind of surprised only one OLine and I don't remember him playing tackle.
Your memories are correct. Pure LG/RG in pre season. We may see a OT added later. I would suspect that DT Tanzel Smart will be added to PS instead, when AD is activated.

Last edited:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I see a problem coming for the near upcoming future. When Aaron Donald comes off the exempt status, when Jamon Brown comes off the suspension list, and when Ogbonnia Okoronkwo and Ryan Davis comes off the injured reserve list, the players who will be cut to make room for them, we, as in fans were thinking we could just put them on the practice squad.

Not so fast my friends. For when you look at the type of person we'd be cutting they would generally be considered better than any player that we've cut so far. The problem? They are more likely to being picked up by another team before they can ever reach our practice squad. So now, think which four players you'd be willing to get rid of, because that may be exactly what we'd be doing.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I see a problem coming for the near upcoming future. When Aaron Donald comes off the exempt status, when Jamon Brown comes off the suspension list, and when Ogbonnia Okoronkwo and Ryan Davis comes off the injured reserve list, the players who will be cut to make room for them, we, as in fans were thinking we could just put them on the practice squad.

Not so fast my friends. For when you look at the type of person we'd be cutting they would generally be considered better than any player that we've cut so far. The problem? They are more likely to being picked up by another team before they can ever reach our practice squad. So now, think which four players you'd be willing to get rid of, because that may be exactly what we'd be doing.
I wouldn't be surprised if we hid Obo on IR all year.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

Easy, Jamon Brown, Isaiah Johnson, Justin Davis and Brandon Allen.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Easy, Jamon Brown, Isaiah Johnson, Justin Davis and Brandon Allen.
Sorry but, not so easy. Every one here considers Jamon a weak link of the Oline, but his statistics don't agree. Someone here on ROD a few weeks back quoted a story that showed how the right side of the Oline was rated 4th last year and that Jamon was considered to be the 15th rated player in the NFL at the guard spot. So unless you can show by statistics that Jamon wasn't good, I'm going to believe the facts that have already been made clear. And I would cut Tanzel instead of Jamon.
As bad as Mannion is I pray we keep Allen, because at least he can run for his life instead of being killed when the pocket collapses.
Malcolm Brown has not been effective at all this year, so I'd rather keep Davis and cut Brown.
Isaiah Johnson, I still can't figure out why we haven't already cut him, so yes say goodbye to him

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sorry but, not so easy. Every one here considers Jamon a weak link of the Oline, but his statistics don't agree. Someone here on ROD a few weeks back quoted a story that showed how the right side of the Oline was rated 4th last year and that Jamon was considered to be the 15th rated player in the NFL at the guard spot. So unless you can show by statistics that Jamon wasn't good, I'm going to believe the facts that have already been made clear. And I would cut Tanzel instead of Jamon.
As bad as Mannion is I pray we keep Allen, because at least he can run for his life instead of being killed when the pocket collapses.
Malcolm Brown has not been effective at all this year, so I'd rather keep Davis and cut Brown.
Isaiah Johnson, I still can't figure out why we haven't already cut him, so yes say goodbye to him

After the fifth week of the season, he was the #1 pass blocking guard in the NFL.

So, to say he came on is a tremendous understatement.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
He really wasn't with the team that long. Didn't he only start practicing with the team a couple of weeks before preseason?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now let's hope nobody else picks him up for there 53.
He's already on our PS we'd have the ability to activate him to the 53 if they really wanted him and somebody tried to claim him.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
He's already on our PS we'd have the ability to activate him to the 53 if they really wanted him and somebody tried to claim him.

Dumb Question (I have a lot of them!)! Let’s say the 49’s offered Hodge a spot on their 53 roster would the Rams be able to block that if they put him on their 53 roster or would that be up to Hodge where he went or would he have to go to the 49’s since they made the original offer? I really like Hodge and am hoping he eventually makes the Rams regular roster!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

He's my favorite HC of all time, passing Tommy Lasorda of the Dodgers.

I swear, we could be playing the University of the Immaculate Word (an actual college with a football program) and McVay would be paying respect to the opposing HC and recognizing the team as an opponent to be respected.

Sure, it'd be 70-0 within minutes, but that's not the point.

I don't think this Raider team short of a few slight wrinkles is going to do anything revolutionary to catch the Rams' coaches by surprise, but McVay's not taking any chances.

I bet by next Monday night, McVay's eyes are so red from lack of sleep due to constant study and work that he looks high af.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dumb Question (I have a lot of them!)! Let’s say the 49’s offered Hodge a spot on their 53 roster would the Rams be able to block that if they put him on their 53 roster or would that be up to Hodge where he went or would he have to go to the 49’s since they made the original offer? I really like Hodge and am hoping he eventually makes the Rams regular roster!
My understanding, which is perfectly capable of being wrong, is that we could but we'd have to put him on our 53 man to do so.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

but don't they have to be on their active roster for at least 3 weeks after they sign them?