OBJ torn ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Yea I agree those dudes need to be back you know I've been on that Obj bandwagon from the start.

One thing hase worried I'm hearing a lot today is that Obj career in jeopardy???? Because of the fact it's the same knee? It being said by multiple people Im no doctor. Have you heard same thing? Or by off chance your a doctor LMAO.

How awesome was that Bobby Trees and Obj in locker room together trees consoling him both of them crying.
That broke my heart but same time made me smile with how when this team says they want to win for one another they actually meant it.

Man love this team.

You think medically it's possible to rehab same knee and be close to the same as possible? Man I'm praying bro
Hard to say man, the injury didn't look to catastrophic so I doubt there's a lot of damage outside of the torn ACL. A couple things to keep in mind here: We have the best training staff in the NFL. Look at Kupp's recovery from his ACL and the Akers recovery this year from his achilles is something I've never seen before in my life. Also as a University of Miami fan I think back to Frank Gore in 2002/2003 tore his ACL in his right knee back to back in consecutive years, just like OBJ. Of course Gore went on to have an amazing NFL career (fuck the niners though). That was 20 years ago so technology and medicine have improved a lot. So yea OBJ can get back to 100% and what we saw this year. The last thing is he will be rehabbing with Bobby Trees who is also working back from his ACL. So they can talk, hang out, train together, motivate each other, etc. which should be great for them both. And you know Kupp will stay involved with those guys being the dude and teammate he is. Lastly, I just wonder how motivated OBJ was in Cleveland to rehab 100% and push himself to the max to get back. Why would he? He was suffering and in hell in Cleveland. I want to resign him asap this off-season to show him how much he's loved and get him pushing to the max to get back by mid season. I think he loves it out here so much and we helped restore his image and legacy, so I'd bet he'll work like a madman with Woods to get back on the field.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Hard to say man, the injury didn't look to catastrophic so I doubt there's a lot of damage outside of the torn ACL. A couple things to keep in mind here: We have the best training staff in the NFL. Look at Kupp's recovery from his ACL and the Akers recovery this year from his achilles is something I've never seen before in my life. Also as a University of Miami fan I think back to Frank Gore in 2002/2003 tore his ACL in his right knee back to back in consecutive years, just like OBJ. Of course Gore went on to have an amazing NFL career (fuck the niners though). That was 20 years ago so technology and medicine have improved a lot. So yea OBJ can get back to 100% and what we saw this year. The last thing is he will be rehabbing with Bobby Trees who is also working back from his ACL. So they can talk, hang out, train together, motivate each other, etc. which should be great for them both. And you know Kupp will stay involved with those guys being the dude and teammate he is. Lastly, I just wonder how motivated OBJ was in Cleveland to rehab 100% and push himself to the max to get back. Why would he? He was suffering and in hell in Cleveland. I want to resign him asap this off-season to show him how much he's loved and get him pushing to the max to get back by mid season. I think he loves it out here so much and we helped restore his image and legacy, so I'd bet he'll work like a madman with Woods to get back on the field.

Excellent post bro!!! Totally forgot bout Frank Gore and yea fuck the whiners but that definitely gives me my hope back. I want Obj on this team seeing him with AD was another great moment. I want to run it back but add some pieces too. Rams are usually a step ahead of other teams. I've been telling my buddies for years that the Rams broke the NFL with trades now everyones trading just like everyone will maybe begin looking at draft picks a bit different. Trades were never really a thing til Snead made it so lol. That's great stuff though dude thanks and man let's bring Obj back asap!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
If for the sake of argument OBJ has his surgery in 2 days, on Feb 18, then:

Sep 18 would be six months away
Oct 18 seven months
Nov 18 eight
Dec 18 nine months away.

Really curious to hear what the projected timeline will be for his return.

By the way, just for the sake of comparison, Adrian Peterson played for the Vikes in 9 months and 10 days after his surgery. (Surgery was Dec 30 2011, opening day was Sep 9 2012).
So AP had a "miraculously fast and effective" recovery, yet it still took over 9 months.

Granted, ACL repair and recovery has improved even just over the last ten years. But yeah... gotta think OBJ is gonna miss a significant chunk of the 2022 season, even with a super-fast recovery. We'll see.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Oct 18 seven months
Nov 18 eight
Dec 18 nine months away.

By the way, just for the sake of comparison, Adrian Peterson played for the Vikes in 9 months and 10 days after his surgery. (Surgery was Dec 30 2011, opening day was Sep 9 2012).
So AP had a "miraculously fast and effective" recovery, yet it still took over 9 months.

Granted, ACL repair and recovery has improved even just over the last ten years. But yeah... gotta think OBJ is gonna miss a significant chunk of the 2022 season, even with a super-fast recovery. We'll see.
Actually August 18th would be six months away etc.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Time to change yur name! to "LVIwin" !!!!!!

I almost changed my name to goodnews not long after McVay was hired...
Then I considered it again before this season..

I considered having a poll but that could come across as reeeally pretentious....

ramsplaya16

The One and Only

A university of Miami brother in arms?! Hell yeah! Season ticket holder bro, can’t wait for this season!!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Actually August 18th would be six months away etc.
Yes!, you are right of course, thanks for correction and clarification. So if everything goes exactly right, and OBJ is a fast healer and Reggie Scott works his magic, then....

Sept 18 at seven months away...
Oct 18 at eight months away....

OBJ will be super motivated to return ASAP, we'll see...

dang

Legend
Getting OBJ back late November would be great but what a missed opportunity for him to work out off-season with Stafford and the Rams

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have very little knowledge of ACL tears, but aren’t there degrees of injury? Can you walk without a noticeable limp on a completely torn ACL? I saw OBJ walking on the sidelines before he was evaluated..or was I imagining? If it is a partial tear, does it heal more quickly?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I have very little knowledge of ACL tears, but aren’t there degrees of injury? Can you walk without a noticeable limp on a completely torn ACL? I saw OBJ walking on the sidelines before he was evaluated..or was I imagining? If it is a partial tear, does it heal more quickly?
Well, Spencer Lee, a wrestler for my Iowa Hawkeyes won a NCAA national championship with 2 torn ACLs last season. So not sure.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have very little knowledge of ACL tears, but aren’t there degrees of injury?
My guess would be probably. I believe doctors usually wait a few weeks to perform surgery so the swelling goes down. In OBJ's case, they are not waiting which, to me, may indicate a lesser degree of injury. But I am not a doctor... I just stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
You can sometimes walk with completely torn ACLs, especially if the damage is just to one ligament. There will be some lack of stability though, so doing that without at least a brace is probably a bad idea.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I almost changed my name to goodnews not long after McVay was hired...
Then I considered it again before this season..

I considered having a poll but that could come across as reeeally pretentious....
I'm into being "reaaaally pretentious!"

MachS

Hall of Fame
A university of Miami brother in arms?! Hell yeah! Season ticket holder bro, can’t wait for this season!!
It's all about The U you already know! Yea been loving our off-season I cant wait either. Super Bowl followed by national championship sounds good to me :part:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Oct 18 seven months
Nov 18 eight
Dec 18 nine months away.

Sounds like he's going to be a great playoff addition to our 2022 run. :fire1::fire1::fire1: