OBJ torn ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
That sounds like if it is going to happen, better not the same knee again?
Yea no doubt its great news all things considered. He'll be back strong as hell 2nd half of next year. Especially after seeing what Kupp just did this year, OBJ is gonna work his ass off. Hope we sign him relatively soon for his peace of mind though.

dang

Legend
So shitty. But Odell was crucial in this run and looked great before that injury so he should be proud in what he accomplished this season. Get to work and do like Kupp by coming back better than ever 3.
I think that’s key. Kupp and Akers can consult/mentor on how to recover from an ACL injury.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suspect at least two years, so the Reams can give him a signing bonus that will have a cap hit of more than one year.

But I am optimistic.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'd still sign him again. Just think about it. He'll miss at least 4 games next season. Him, woods and kupp. Ummmm yeah talk about a stud WR room. Higs and possibly Blanton.or Hopkins. Looking pretty fucking solid

Ram65

Legend
OBJ was ready to go off in the SB! Hope he heals up and the Rams resign him. Of course a less expensive deal. We have to see how the off-season resignings go with the entire team.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
....does SoFI have a turf monster problem??
First Woods, now OBJ?? anyone else I'm missing?

TXRams86

The Infamous
Yeah any time you see that non-contact buckle it’s almost always the acl.

Really hope he sees the value in a team friendly deal that gets him access to the best training staff in the league.

He might not come back until mid season but, with Woods coming back, Kupp being the animal he is and VJ at 3. This team would be getting stronger down the stretch again.
I think this is a blessing in disguise, assuming he comes back healthy after his surgery. We can offer him a contract with the first year being lower and backloading the contract. Makes sense for us and him coming off injury.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I would for sure re-sign him. After tearing the same ACL twice in about a year and a half, it is unclear if he will ever be the same, and you worry about re-injury risk, but I sure as heck would not bet against OBJ, and he fits this team and its offense like a glove.

If Beckham was apparently willing to take a bit of a discount even before the injury, you have to think the Rams and him can arrive at a mutually agreeable number now - with another ACL tear, I am not sure how many suitors will be out there offering him big money and/or term. With a baby on the way and enjoying LA, you have to think he'd like to do the rehab where he is comfortable.

I really hope the Rams do right by OBJ, show faith in him, and offer him a fair deal. What is fair, of course, is to some extent informed by this new injury risk and concern. But he's still a great receiver with real value. I have faith a team like the Rams, with the culture we have here, will not turn around and try to screw OBJ because of this unfortunate incident. My heart broke for him when I saw him go down non-contract. He was an absolutely huge part of this Super Bowl run. And but for the injury, he might well have been Super Bowl MVP. OBJ was absolutely killing it, and you could see him truly enjoying the moment, thriving under the brightest of lights after such a hard time in Cleveland, which was great to see. That moonwalk TD celebration was amazing! :laugh1:

Ellard80

Legend
yeah not sure... its the same knee. The one thing this does likely do however is make it so teams wont be competing to sign him much.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Damn that sucks. But I think this pretty much confirms he'll be with the team next year.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My unfortunately favorite MEME

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF