Noteboom restructured

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Bruss isn’t starting off on the right foot for #2
:thinking:

I don’t think he was terrible. Playing with a bunch of guys all trying to figure it out. He layed out trying to protect the QB and took a strange hit that hyper extended his knee.

Effort was great, bad luck on the hit that injured him.

Was he going to start? Meh, how many guys at that slot start and so we’ll right away.

I give him a pass and think he will be in the mix to earn a starting spot this year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’m not surprised at all. I expected it. That’s what happens when you give out money and contracts like a drunken sailor. I’m just asking to learn a bit in that side of things. It’s been going on for like 10 years (not a McVay thing). Luckily we’ve had McVay to cover up for those mistakes. But imagine if we could combine McVay with a more efficiently run cap. That I’d like to see.

Kevin Demoff is a SON of a AGENT!! He has been giving out these Big Contracts for all those years.
I’ve been like not knowing about the CAP!! It is a crazy system,but at some point you have to PAY the PIPPER! Kevin Demoff has done well(the other guy) running creativity with the cap. — Tony

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That has nothing to do with ms aging their money and they have made TERRIBLE decisions over those same years with stupid contract to Goff and Gurley to name a couple of obvious ones. Add to that what we see in Noteboom’s extension, being nice to players they are moving like Ramsey and the huge deal Stafford will be paid for over the next few years.

Winning a Super Bowl is great but it doesn’t include the necessity to spend stupidly and fuck yourself over for the future.
Trading for Goff 2 first rd picks.
Trading for Stafford 2 first rd picks & got a $53 million contract this season 2023.
Ramsey 2 first rd picks (3rd & H.Long).
—Floyd a Comp pick(3rd) & huge resigning contract.Rams could have let him walk last season?

The poor drafting lately T.Lewis,Bruss, & Atwell. Plus Bobby Evans. Those are some of the CORE draft picks.
—Add Van Jefferson hurt & Cam Akers went AWOL a couple games. — the BIG $$$ Core Kupp ,AD99, & Stafford all got SHUT DOWN

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
That has nothing to do with ms aging their money and they have made TERRIBLE decisions over those same years with stupid contract to Goff and Gurley to name a couple of obvious ones. Add to that what we see in Noteboom’s extension, being nice to players they are moving like Ramsey and the huge deal Stafford will be paid for over the next few years.

Winning a Super Bowl is great but it doesn’t include the necessity to spend stupidly and fuck yourself over for the future.
The Rams have the 4th most dead cap & in the NFL.

Nos. 1 and 2 are Tampa Bay and Philadelphia - the other 2 most recent NFC champs. So, unfortunately, the Rams’ current predicament is not uncommon. At least it’s temporary.

TheTackle

Starter
Were we really not going to extend Goff, JN, and others? After he lead us to a SB, Goff rightly expected a new context (just like Hurts) and if we had not signed JN we would have been heading towards the season with no LT. We paid market price and that’s the price of building a roster in the NFL. Can we really complain having won a SB? I am not so sure.

We reportedly ate one 1st round pick to offload Goff’s contract. That’s possibly one Tavon Austin, Greg Robinson and any number of 1st rounders who didn’t work out. Even not accounting for what Stafford did in our SB run (which is hardy mentioned by talking heads even though he was historically great), I will never cry over what it cost to switch QBs.

Goff BTW has payed up to his contract. Didn’t he go to the pro bowl again last season? That’s a better return than most other QBs playing on their second deal and this season looks bright in Detroit (even if they will most likely find a way to fuck it up). That said, he is no Stafford...

If Stafford comes back healthy as advertised - and (big if) we can protect him - we have the best QB in the NFC and it’s not really close (I can see Hurts doing OK but it will be tougher for him this year, as we found out)

Returning to JN I hope we sign another LT, someone able to play well even if not great while staying healthy. If JN beats them out great

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am not saying JN will do the same but Saffold was labelled an injury risk based on his first years but then strung together an impressive run of seasons. Let’s hope JN has a little more luck and puts it all together
Here is Noteboom’s college Bio.

He stayed healthy in college. Maybe he CAN pull a Saffold and stay healthy?

2017 | SENIOR
Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 … started all 14 games at left tackle … closed his career with 40 consecutive starts, representing every game over his final three seasons … became a four-time Academic All-Big 12 honoree with his first-team recognition … selected to play in the Reese's Senior Bowl and invited to the NFL Combine.

2016 | JUNIOR
Started all 13 games at left tackle ... second-team Academic All-Big 12.

2015 | SOPHOMORE
Started all 13 games for the Frogs on the offensive line ... second team All-Academic Big 12 ... part of offensive line that allowed TCU to produce a 1,000-yard rusher and 1,000-yard receiver in the same season for just the second time in program history.

2014 | REDSHIRT FRESHMAN
First-team Academic All-Big 12 ... played in all 13 games.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Anybody know how much dead money we carried in our SB winning season?

49.5 million!! :wow2:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
:thinking:

I don’t think he was terrible. Playing with a bunch of guys all trying to figure it out. He layed out trying to protect the QB and took a strange hit that hyper extended his knee.

Effort was great, bad luck on the hit that injured him.

Was he going to start? Meh, how many guys at that slot start and so we’ll right away.

I give him a pass and think he will be in the mix to earn a starting spot this year.
Hopefully he pans out. Starting a career with a serious injury is what I meant. Will he end up like Allen, with his swollen knee, unable to play?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hopefully he pans out. Starting a career with a serious injury is what I meant. Will he end up like Allen, with his swollen knee, unable to play?
I hope not, plenty of guys get knee injuries and come back to be productive. The Rams seem to have the best doctors and rehab trainers money can buy. Bruss should have the best opportunity to recover anyone could with a full off-season program to do that and build strength. I expect him to be starting RG this season.

Allen and the team screwed the pooch last year with putting off the procedure to clean out his knee. That should have been done right after the SB, not after it became a huge problem in the first game. Really hope we get 21 Allen again but, also hope they grab Schmitz.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My fear with the Los Angeles Rams on their offensive line is the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Noteboom & Brian Allen have proved that they only thing you can rely with them is their unreliability. Hopefully, if they can't answer the call this year, they move on.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope not, plenty of guys get knee injuries and come back to be productive. The Rams seem to have the best doctors and rehab trainers money can buy. Bruss should have the best opportunity to recover anyone could with a full off-season program to do that and build strength. I expect him to be starting RG this season.

Allen and the team screwed the pooch last year with putting off the procedure to clean out his knee. That should have been done right after the SB, not after it became a huge problem in the first game. Really hope we get 21 Allen again but, also hope they grab Schmitz.
I’d rather they move on from Allen. His knee is not healthy enough. I never thought he was all that good either.

Even at the point that Bruss had injured his knee, he hadn’t beaten out Shelton for the RG position. That is not a ringing endorsement.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
My fear with the Los Angeles Rams on their offensive line is the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Noteboom & Brian Allen have proved that they only thing you can rely with them is their unreliability. Hopefully, if they can't answer the call this year, they move on.
We like to hold on to some underperforming lineman too long for some odd reason. It always hurts to say the names, but Demby and Evans come to mind.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We like to hold on to some underperforming lineman too long for some odd reason. It always hurts to say the names, but Demby and Evans come to mind.
You are so right about that, at least Boob & Allen have ability, but they just get hurt too much. All will depend on depth and maybe one of them can rebound, my bet is Allen. I love Boom, but he's never been durable, Allen did play most of the Super Bowl run, he has that, Noteboom doesn't.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

Again we've been a top team for the last 5 out of 6 seasons. I'll take it.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Again we've been a top team for the last 5 out of 6 seasons. I'll take it.
I see no reason to be satisfied with that. I’ve suffered through to many years of teams that could not compete in the NFL. There are plenty of examples of teams having longer runs than that. I want that and don’t have enough years left to accept tanking on purpose to try and be better later.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I see no reason to be satisfied with that. I’ve suffered through to many years of teams that could not compete in the NFL. There are plenty of examples of teams having longer runs than that. I want that and don’t have enough years left to accept tanking on purpose to try and be better later.
To each their own. Been a Rams fan since 1990. I feel your pain. But at the same time I'll take what I can get