Noteboom restructured

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've got a 3rd question for you. Who are you going to replace him with? How will we acquire this upgrade? How will we pay this player? A three part third question really.
What’s wrong with Aleric Jackson? He looked good at OLT. He said the blood clotting problem is under control.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Pro Bowl season? Your killing me with this stuff. He played well for a backup. He isn’t a starter.
My only post on this and I am killing you with this stuff?

People are wound so tight these days.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I've got a 3rd question for you. Who are you going to replace him with? How will we acquire this upgrade? How will we pay this player? A three part third question really.
I only wanted the 2 questions responded too now you have gone & made it so much harder for folks.:biggrin:

I have already answered your 3rd question many times over the last few months.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
For those teams and the Rams the last couple of years - yes it’s the move you make to kick the cap can down the road to win now. But that’s not what is happening for the 2023 Rams - we’re taking the hit for this season to clear cap and add in 2024+.

I don't think we disagree.

I'm saying a season like 23 is a consequence of that approach.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think Boom was restructured on the hope he can contribute on some level in 23.. and mostly for cap purposes.

I don't think he's around in 24.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This morning I saw the title thread and thought, "Noteboom Resurrected?":D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Did I miss something really big on just what happened to Joseph Noteboom during the first game of the 2022 season?

Did
1679768134221.png

do the same thing as I did?

Going back to the beginning of the 2022 season from OTA, Mini's & Training Camp all reports on JN were positive. All reports coming from McVay were positive. All of our highly paid ROD hard-working TC reporters :lying:never said anything but positive reviews of his daily work in TC. Everything was great & all of us were looking forward to a great 2nd SB win in 2022.:party::party2::startstruck::trophy:

So what happened on Thursday night's first game of the season to Joe Noteboom?

How could the JN that we watched praised & enjoyed in the 2021 season tune into :crap:? This forum has burned up a ton of the internet & mobile phones in threads discussing JN, most all being attached to his very ugly last 4 seasons of injuries surgeries & IR events. In addition to his 2022 deplorable performances in the 6 gm he played.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1568351295005933568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1568351295005933568%7Ctwgr%5Ee3bdc1409d33a510210292520936dcb41b062206%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheramswire.usatoday.com%2F2022%2F09%2F09%2Fjoseph-noteboom-has-strained-mcl-is-listed-as-day-to-day%2F

I did not find too much information on that right knee injury. Other than what she reported as a right strained MCL. So with the limited info, I can only guess that the strain was to the muscle or
tendons around that right knee. All strains are normally categorized according to severity, but I could not find any new articles mentioning the degree of severity of JN's first gm injury. I did find this article:

Would it be important to bring up the previous right knee injury to
JN back in 2019 when he suffered a torn ACL and MCL & following surgery?

The next & final JN 2022 event was devasting..... Game #6 JN sustained a ruptured Achilles tendon. This was the last view of JN in 2022 in uniform as he was carted off looking down at his ruptured Achilles tendon on that lower right leg.
1679771094972.png

Currently, we heard from HC McVay earlier this month
JN is on schedule with his rehab on that right lower leg injury.

JN's injury history on RIGHT leg/ knee/ Ankle:
2019- Torn ACL and MCL & following surgery.
2020- Right Calf injury placed on injured reserve
2022- Strained MCL Wk#1
2022- Ruptured Achilles' tendon & following surgery.

Conclusion Questions:

Was JN's right knee injury in the first game of the 2022 season more severe than we knew?

How much if any did that 1st gm knee injury have on JN's ability to perform the duties @ LT from that point on?

How much wear & tear toll did the past right lower leg injuries (2019/2020/ wk#1 2022) have to do with the Ruptured Achilles tendon in wk#6 2022? I really would like to know!

Was JN injured for the entire time he was on the field in 2022 that's resulted in his very poor stats?

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice post Boni. He's either gonna put up some actual starting level production this year or he's gone for sure after the season. It's one thing to be the guy who looks great in part time snaps but another entirely when the entire league and best ends are gameplanning to your weaknesses every week. Only the best can hold up to that shit on the blindside.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Did I miss something really big on just what happened to Joseph Noteboom during the first game of the 2022 season?

Did View attachment 59248
do the same thing as I did?

Going back to the beginning of the 2022 season from OTA, Mini's & Training Camp all reports on JN were positive. All reports coming from McVay were positive. All of our highly paid ROD hard-working TC reporters :lying:never said anything but positive reviews of his daily work in TC. Everything was great & all of us were looking forward to a great 2nd SB win in 2022.:party::party2::startstruck::trophy:

So what happened on Thursday night's first game of the season to Joe Noteboom?

How could the JN that we watched praised & enjoyed in the 2021 season tune into :crap:? This forum has burned up a ton of the internet & mobile phones in threads discussing JN, most all being attached to his very ugly last 4 seasons of injuries surgeries & IR events. In addition to his 2022 deplorable performances in the 6 gm he played.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1568351295005933568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1568351295005933568%7Ctwgr%5Ee3bdc1409d33a510210292520936dcb41b062206%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheramswire.usatoday.com%2F2022%2F09%2F09%2Fjoseph-noteboom-has-strained-mcl-is-listed-as-day-to-day%2F

I did not find too much information on that right knee injury. Other than what she reported as a right strained MCL. So with the limited info, I can only guess that the strain was to the muscle or
tendons around that right knee. All strains are normally categorized according to severity, but I could not find any new articles mentioning the degree of severity of JN's first gm injury. I did find this article:

Would it be important to bring up the previous right knee injury to
JN back in 2019 when he suffered a torn ACL and MCL & following surgery?

The next & final JN 2022 event was devasting..... Game #6 JN sustained a ruptured Achilles tendon. This was the last view of JN in 2022 in uniform as he was carted off looking down at his ruptured Achilles tendon on that lower right leg.
View attachment 59249
Currently, we heard from HC McVay earlier this month
JN is on schedule with his rehab on that right lower leg injury.

JN's injury history on RIGHT leg/knee/Ancle:
2019- Torn ACL and MCL & following surgery.
2020- Right Calf injury placed on injured reserve
2022- Strained MCL Wk#1
2022- Ruptured Achilles' tendon & following surgery.

Conclusion Questions:

Was JN's right knee injury in the first game of the 2022 season more severe than we knew?

How much if any did that 1st gm knee injury have on JN's ability to perform the duties @ LT from that point on?

How much wear & tear toll did the past right lower leg injuries (2019/2020/2022) have to do with the Ruptured Achilles' tendon?

Was
JN injured for all of 2022 that's resulted in his very poor stats?

You just gave enough examples to prove that even if Joe had been a very good OLT, relying on his availability as a starter is folly.

As for coach speak, I rarely believe the accolades any more. A coach not only has the responsibility to develop players, but also to develop their confidence, which is a legitimate reason to exaggerate.

Aside from the potential to exaggerate, they rarely put it into context, thus leaving a vague statement that look aid drinking fans need to translate. However, what he actually could mean is that [player X] is looking great in practice on a scale commensurate of his talent level. Like David Long looking good is not the same as Jalen Ramsey looking good. So while fans may think that McVay’s praise means JN is looking like he’s on a similar level to Whitworth, it likely means he’s looking like he’s on a level of JN at his best, which isn’t close to Whitworth at his worst.

TheTackle

Starter
I am not saying JN will do the same but Saffold was labelled an injury risk based on his first years but then strung together an impressive run of seasons. Let’s hope JN has a little more luck and puts it all together

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I am not saying JN will do the same but Saffold was labelled an injury risk based on his first 6 years but then strung together an impressive run of seasons. Let’s hope JN has a little more luck and puts it all together
Fixed it for you!!! :thinking:

And second that hope!

Right now he's not close but one was drafted as an immediate starter (#33 pick) and the other as a future starter (#89)
Saffold first 6 years (starts) 16-9-10-9-16-5
Noteboom first 6 years 0-6-9-2-6-??

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Nice post Boni. He's either gonna put up some actual starting level production this year or he's gone for sure after the season. It's one thing to be the guy who looks great in part time snaps but another entirely when the entire league and best ends are gameplanning to your weaknesses every week. Only the best can hold up to that shit on the blindside.
Here we are well past the initial FA period & bearing down on the Draft. The OL had a half dozen enter FA'cy & they signed one. Once again this Ol is not in any better shape or condition (might even be in a weaker state than last season).

McVay went into 2022 OL what is now known ill-equipped to survive any injuries with that lesser number 8-player OL? Then with 2 injuries in the 1st quarter, panic might have set in. What happened in the first game in the first quarter was one big explosion :bomb:that played the lead role involving the Rams' demise from the very top to the near bottom of the NFL......

Both LT JN & Center Allen injure their knees, Allen goes out/ Shelton was forced from RG to OC. Evans starting now in RG. 3 problem spots are ongoing in the first half of the 1st gm. Next week RG Anchrum breaks his leg on 1st snap/ forcing Evans back in @ RG. Leaving just 1 reserve OL'er Jackson. Jackson started wk#3 # RG. Wk3 will be the last gm LG Edwards will finish as a Ram forcing Evan back in @ LG. On Evans....Maybe a vacancy would have been better at least you know what a vacant post will do.

McVay/Carberry's Initial OL weakness in many different elements might have forced/rushed JN to remain in the starting lineup in 2022 under diminished physical abilities & impairments. It will be interesting to see what McVay has in JN in this upcoming season. McVay can not play the "2022 injured JN play card" again in 2023. Best he prepares to find another hand to play @ LT than the always damaged injured JN. Just how much more damage or wear & tear can JN's right lower leg withstand?

JN
might be more of a hero than we ever know withstanding starting all those 6 gms in 2022. I certainly am pulling for JN :hug:to make a complete recovery & follow in the Saffold footsteps. I would sure go get insurance though. I would sure be talking to UFA Ty Nsekhe right now & studying hard @ these college Interior OL'ers in this draft to ensure that Jackson/Nsekhe are cemented to that LT post for #9 & not get forced inside to start. If JN is available that just makes it better.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Is this the best our "good news" gets? I'm needing a bump of enthusiasm, Damn.

TheTackle

Starter
Wait for it... watch out watch out there’s a Humphrey about :)

How many days since his last mention around here?

Seriously, let’s hope for reinforcements because I don’t know if anyone noticed but the Hawks and 9ers have been beefing up their D lines. I wonder why?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So they don't resign Gurley or Goff when they did and they go out and have stellar seasons, suddenly they cost more right? Remember, it doesn't count because Goff actually didn't have a stellar season. That's hindsight. But from what the Rams saw they thought it wise to lock them up a year early rather than a year later for even more money.
Both were signed 2 years early, that's the issue. Conversely, under the same circumstances, Aaron Donald was denied an extension, fined a ton of money for holding out and being pretty much vilified over it. The results are what they are, 2 SB appearances including a win proves they know what they are doing, it just doesnt mean they didnt fuck some things up at the same time.
Alas, back to Noteboom...
I've never what I would consider high level play from him. Serviceable in Whit's absence? Sure. But replacement level for Whit? I never felt that, only thought that we needed 77 back if we wanted to win

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Alas, back to Noteboom...
I've never what I would consider high level play from him. Serviceable in Whit's absence? Sure. But replacement level for Whit? I never felt that, only thought that we needed 77 back if we wanted to win
I believe you 100%. But just like after a crime, if you ask a dozen eye witnesses what they saw, you're likely to get many different recollections. All we can hope for is we all see positive things this season.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The reason the Rams sucked this season is because they had massive massive injuries. Playing dudes off the streets to fill spots on their roster. Would they have repeated? Probably not but you can bet they would have been way more competitive. So just because they're having to make big decisions and move players doesn't mean mean they suck at cap management. The Rams up to this season, have been one most successful teams the last 5 seasons. I'll take that anyday, than criticize them for something we quite frankly know nothing about. Just sayin
That has nothing to do with ms aging their money and they have made TERRIBLE decisions over those same years with stupid contract to Goff and Gurley to name a couple of obvious ones. Add to that what we see in Noteboom’s extension, being nice to players they are moving like Ramsey and the huge deal Stafford will be paid for over the next few years.

Winning a Super Bowl is great but it doesn’t include the necessity to spend stupidly and fuck yourself over for the future.