Norv Turner resigns in Minnesota

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
He can only concentrate on one of the voices in his head at a time... don't confuse the poor man. :ROFLMAO::neener:

:LOL: Prime Time needs to learn to multitask, even with his invisible friends.

No confusion here. There are only two voices in my head. One says, "You're doing great PT." (y)

tumblr_n3gbdnNrl11smcbm7o1_500.gif

The other one agrees with the first voice but adds...

giphy.gif

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'll pass on a quitter every time. Especially one who quits on his very very good friend.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-leaves-vikings-in-disarray-again/#comments

Everything went downhill since the signing of Jake Long… Its like the vikings immediately went from the team they were the first five games to the 2010 Rams the past two. Then, to fix it, we now get another Rams castoff to run the O in Pat Shurmur. No wonder Bradford is seeing ghosts, he’s surrounded by those of his past on a daily basis

fearsomefour

Legend
primarily from his work with the Cowboys in the early 1990s.
That is a LONG time ago guys. Of course having, what, 4 or 5 HOF players on that O didn't hurt either.
That said I am sure Norvell has forgotten more O than our current OC knows....nothing against our current guy however.

fearsomefour

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-leaves-vikings-in-disarray-again/#comments

Everything went downhill since the signing of Jake Long… Its like the vikings immediately went from the team they were the first five games to the 2010 Rams the past two. Then, to fix it, we now get another Rams castoff to run the O in Pat Shurmur. No wonder Bradford is seeing ghosts, he’s surrounded by those of his past on a daily basis
Just two many ex Rams starting on their O at the same time....I am just waiting to read they sign Pead.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Key on ESPN710 was saying this morning that "his people" he knows "very close" to the situation says he's going to Oregon to coach in the college ranks. (his alma mater)

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Jeff fisher admit that Boras was the wrong man for the job? no chance in hell. If there is one thing we know its that Fisher will never admit to being wrong. Plus Minnesota's offense didn't look much better than the rams do.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Sure, why not. But I don't think the offensive scheme here is a problem.
It looks like it could be a very good Coryell-type system with improved execution.
We take more deep shots than most teams in the league right now, and Boras/Groh seem to really know how to adjust.

Who would be better at getting results with a Coryell O than Norv turner? Maybe Norv could give Boras and Groh a few pointers and I'd bet real money, not ROD$s, that Turner could get Goff up to speed in no time. I'd bring him in as an O quality control guy for the remainder of this season, then name him OC for 2017. If Boras gets his feelings hurt he can walk, but I would try to hold on to Groh, IMO Groh has helped the O more than any other O coach the Rams have had since Fisher got here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want Norv. He's like Mike Martz. He refuses to adapt to today's game.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

If the players are on the same page and execute, a big if with the Rams, there wont be a lot of adjustment needed. Not sure how many of the Rams current WRs would be able to determine if its man or zone at the snap, but if Norv could get them on the same page with Goff the Rams O could be TGSOG. (The Greatest Show On Grass)

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He is a solid offensive mind and it's not like we have anything to lose. I would definitely want him.

Offer him the QB coach job and make Wienke his assistant coach. Goff could accelerate Goff's learning curve with concepts IMO.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Sure, why not. But I don't think the offensive scheme here is a problem.
It looks like it could be a very good Coryell-type system with improved execution.
We take more deep shots than most teams in the league right now, and Boras/Groh seem to really know how to adjust.

Ah yes that OLE bug-boo term, "execution" and like John McKay, I'm for it!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That is two good OCs down now since the season started, and both are guys with a strong feel for offensive balance.

It is too late to add anyone right now though. Fish needs to ride who he has and hopefully get this team clicking on defense so he can string wins together.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

You're way off on that one. Today's game adjusted to Mike Martz.

Only concern I have with the guy is he's old and not used to the grind. As I have said before I'd hire him as an "Offensive Consultant" and have him around in the organization as a sounding board for the coaching staff, to include the head coach.

WvuIN02

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is a LONG time ago guys. Of course having, what, 4 or 5 HOF players on that O didn't hurt either.
That said I am sure Norvell has forgotten more O than our current OC knows....nothing against our current guy however.
Turner is a fountain of knowledge thats for sure.

He also had Rivers and LT in San Diego in that run they made there as well making several playoff appearances. By all accounts though, he is too much of a players coach which is a detriment as a HC. He has coached up some great QBs though, that's for sure.

And I just don't think football haschanged so much, its still about blocking, tackling, and playing your assignments as it always is -- but Norv has a great grasp on offensive football.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Norv loses two games in Minnesota and he's out , in LA , he'd probably get a contract extension