Nick Scott to Bengals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
FLASHBACK to Morris’ Job interview:

McVay - “So Raheem, what traits do you look for in your defensive backs?”.

Morris - “Slow and unathletic ones”.

McVay - “Your hired!”.

Sounds about right.
Old might have been unrealistic on that statement but he is right that Morris doesn't play his players correctly

Rapp should NEVER be a deep safety.

Staley never even played Rapp because he knew he wasn't a deep safety and didn't fit his system as an in the box type hybrid safety/lb which I think Rapp would excel at (even if you state he is solely an in the box safety)

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Nicks a really good dude by all accounts. Great ST player and great locker room dude. They LOVED him at Penn State. Good for him.

From a purely production point of view he's totally replacable but from a culture and leadership POV this one likely stings.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The anti-Morris insanity lives on.
Unbelievable.
Yeah… he had no use for Nick Scott… even though Scott played WAAAAYYYYY more for him than Staley and developed into a player who could land a $12 million deal.

In fact.. Rapp played more than 2 times the number of snaps as Scott in 20… even though he was injured and only appeared in 9 games.
It’s not like Staley had a healthy Fuller and Johnson or anything.
And the Rams had 2 safeties with NFL experience last year… you’re gonna end up deep sometimes.

Sheesh.. can you guys fucking move on to some real analysis of roster moves and coaching changes? Because this shit is oooooooooooold.

Honestly, Morris is the coordinator.. feel free to criticize what he does on the field next season… but this shit is RIDICULOUS.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Our safeties were shit and he was one of them. I don't think paying him would have been wise, even that contract. Rams have shown they can draft the position quite well and you can get them deep into every draft.
Yes, but after he laid that hit on Samuel, he should've gotten a 6yr $353mil deal. That's a legendary hit and completely changed the projection of that game.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Historically the Rams don't resign Safeties. If they let Johnson walk who was better then resigning Scott was never in the plans even with available cap. They would have used the cap elsewhere. Expect a Safety or two in the draft.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Leonardo Dicaprio GIF by CBS
hilarious!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, but after he laid that hit on Samuel, he should've gotten a 6yr $353mil deal. That's a legendary hit and completely changed the projection of that game.
Dude, there are many Rams players who I dimly remember years after they left the team, but I will never forget that hit on Deebo. I'll always love him for that, no matter how much @Merlin hates him!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah we may not beat the Shitters without that hit. But best of luck to him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Historically the Rams don't resign Safeties. If they let Johnson walk who was better then resigning Scott was never in the plans even with available cap. They would have used the cap elsewhere. Expect a Safety or two in the draft.
Talking Heads GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Our safeties were shit and he was one of them. I don't think paying him would have been wise, even that contract. Rams have shown they can draft the position quite well and you can get them deep into every draft.
I am with you on this. Rapp/ Fuller/ Burgess/ Scott are all very modest safeties at best.

Yes, Scott was a decent versable reserve safety in the SB run but that was his high point. Scott for a reserve safety for 3 of the 4 seasons here, and our safeties were just not that good.

We all know that Snead/McVay will always prioritize corners over safeties. Right now corners have a high priority with the 5 cents in the cap bank.

Snead/McVay drafted 2 safeties in 2022 & found another strong safety that Morris really likes by the name of Richard LeCount a 5th rd selection in Cincy and played in 10 gms in 2021. DC Morris helped get LeCount signed for the next 2 seasons on January the 9th of 2023.

Our 4th rd pick Quinton Lake was injured before the season began in OTA's. Lake did get healthy enough to be available for the last 9 games of his rookie season. But that bad knee would not let him get on the field. I am sure the Rams are looking forward to watching Lake be healthy & see what he can do this season. His dad was a great all-pro.

Everyone should know that Nick Scott's replacement was here last season & was on the field making plays. Rookie Russ Yeast will fill Scott's post this season. Yeast played in 16 of the 17 games starting wk#1. Yeast only missed one game late in the season with an ankle.

Surprisingly often injured Strong Safety :injury::yawn:Jordan Fuller is still a Ram here so DC Morris has his four safeties. So there was no need to overdraw the Rams Cap bank account on a reserve safety.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Does anyone remember Jairius Byrd? He was a stud for a little but and the aints fell for it, gave him a huge deal and then disappeared. This is the endgame of most safeties. And FAs in general.

Safety is a low value position anyway. Ever since Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed retired that position is mostly meh. Who's the best safety right now? I have no idea.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Does anyone remember Jairius Byrd? He was a stud for a little but and the aints fell for it, gave him a huge deal and then disappeared. This is the endgame of most safeties. And FAs in general.

Safety is a low value position anyway. Ever since Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed retired that position is mostly meh. Who's the best safety right now? I have no idea.

Derwin James!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Funny it was also Special teams coach that got to pick Nick Scott.
I believe he thought he was the best special teams player
Derwin James!

Did the Chargers even make The Playoffs? Seemed like they lost to a Jags team twice in. Season & didn’t play in the AFC South