Nick Scott to Bengals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Scott was a hard hitter that had his moments, not a huge loss. I'm not terribly worried about S or ILB considering we won the SB with Eric Weddle coming off the couch and Troy Reeder as a starter. I'm glad Scott got paid tho, good for him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams tried to keep Nick Scott, but apparently they didn’t want to pay him 4 mil a year to do it.
Good call. They need to upgrade.

It is possible that he was held back by the scheme and Morris, granted. But I think Morris was fighting an uphill battle with this secondary group and he has to improve the safeties.

And btw I don't exempt him from going into the season with that roster. He shares that blame. The DC prior to him drafted two safeties right away to help ensure he had what he needed to play those two deep looks and mix in some QB mind games. So I think that happens this offseason and Scott had to go he's like Rapp a classic SS type.

We need guys who can lock down their half of the field, make good reads with the CB on their side, and make good decisions in real time to include seeing those deep shots coming.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Listening to Nick Scott on NFL Radio, and I think it was Bill Polian told him Bengals fans are going to love the hits Scott brings, and Scott said nobody loves them hits more than himself. Scott went on to say he isn't the biggest Safety but comes with the worst intentions.

Man, I loved that damn answer and quote. I wish him the best!

Tano

Legend
Scott was a hard hitter that had his moments, not a huge loss. I'm not terribly worried about S or ILB considering we won the SB with Eric Weddle coming off the couch and Troy Reeder as a starter. I'm glad Scott got paid tho, good for him.
Everybody says we won the superbowl with Troy Reeder as the starting MLB. That is simply not true,

Earnest Jones played the majority of the game as the MLB.

Although I will say that we made it to the Superbowl with Reeder as MLB but it wasn't because he made any big plays in the game against SF. In fact, he almost lost us that game with all the times he allowed SF runners to gain an extra 3 to 5 yards on each one of his tackle attempts (or was that in the last game of the year?) - can't remember

dang

Legend
Everybody says we won the superbowl with Troy Reeder as the starting MLB. That is simply not true,

Earnest Jones played the majority of the game as the MLB.

Although I will say that we made it to the Superbowl with Reeder as MLB but it wasn't because he made any big plays in the game against SF. In fact, he almost lost us that game with all the times he allowed SF runners to gain an extra 3 to 5 yards on each one of his tackle attempts (or was that in the last game of the year?) - can't remember
Reeder stunk up the TB playoff game but I don’t recall how he did in the SF game.

Tano

Legend
Reeder stunk up the TB playoff game but I don’t recall how he did in the SF game.
I just remember a play against SF where Deebo dragged Reeder an extra 5 to 7 yards for a first down on a 3rd and 10

And other plays where he was dragged an extra 3 to 5 yards