Nick Scott to Bengals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
3yr, $12mil.

Unreal.

We can't even afford that shit for a damn nice safety.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was Scott more flash than substance?
Not to me. Dude was a stud. And a late round picks who blossomed into an starter. I'd arguably say that he's the reason we beat SF in the NFCC. His hit on Samuel changed the projection and tone of that game.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
We can't even afford to keep our cheap FA's. Doubt there is any chance we resign Gaines.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
We can't even afford to keep our cheap FA's. Doubt there is any chance we resign Gaines.
I hope Fall Harvest lasts from the first week of September until the end of December so I don't get to watch this team on Sundays (as of now)

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Leonardo Dicaprio GIF by CBS

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Odds are he'll probably be gone from the Bengals in a couple years anyway.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Not to me. Dude was a stud. And a late round picks who blossomed into a starter. I'd arguably say that he's the reason we beat SF in the NFCC. His hit on Samuel changed the projection and tone of that game.
I’d have to agree with this. Was Scott an All-Pro? Nope. But man he made some hits or plays when it mattered most!

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
This probably means we're prioritizing Rapp. Which I have to come clean about. Rapp had a pretty good last half of the season. Which surprised even me because I've been a huge advocate of ditching rapp at the rams nearest convenience.

You also have to remember that Jordan Fuller should be back next season. Who was turning into a stud himself

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
I’d have to agree with this. Was Scott an All-Pro? Nope. But man he made some hits or plays when it mattered most!
He was DEFINITELY a Top Half of the league Safety. PROVEN. You can't get that shit any cheaper.

As soon as Ramsey left, he was my first option. He's the only damn DB that could hit and set the tone.. and not bounce off everybody.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
This probably means we're prioritizing Rapp. Which I have to come clean about. Rapp had a pretty good last half of the season. Which surprised even me because I've been a huge advocate of ditching rapp at the rams nearest convenience.

You also have to remember that Jordan Fuller should be back next season
If the Rams prioritize Rapp over anybody on the team including the water boy, everyone needs fired. No disrespect to the waterboy.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
McVay and co must be really confident with their ability to replace his production. Not a fan of this but I'll happily eat crow if we look strong with a roster predominantly comprised of rookie contracts

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If the Rams prioritize Rapp over anybody on the team including the water boy, everyone needs fired. No disrespect to the waterboy.
Like I said look at him first half vs second he was a different player. Trust me I was not a fan until I saw him turn it around. He's also a FA btw. Which might explain his better late play. So that is something to take into consideration.

dang

Legend
Not easy to watch but the Rams are staying the course in FA for 2023. Every $$ carefully accounted for. I’m sure they’d rather spend Scott’s $4m towards a CB or Edge.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Not easy to watch but the Rams are staying the course in FA for 2023. Every $$ carefully accounted for. I’m sure they’d rather spend Scott’s $4m towards a CB or Edge.
McVay and Snead probably thought, Raheem can't do shit with 2 future HOF and a damn nice Edge in Floyd. Why spend a dollar on the defense?

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Like I said look at him first half vs second he was a different player. Trust me I was not a fan until I saw him turn it around. He's also a FA btw. Which might explain his better late play. So that is something to take into consideration.
I want to trust you so much, I really do. Because I like you a lot. But after seeing him boch 2 games against SF damn near single handedly at the end, and constantly be a liability for 85% of his career. I can't get on board with any kind of prioritizing of him.

I believe you 100% that he improved perhaps at the end, but his body of work doesn't justify anything pro-Rapp.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Congrats to Nick. That's a good pay day for him. Love it when 7th round picks climb the mountain.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I love Scott and will miss him. Loved him from day 1... a guy who obviously LOVES football and was going to do whatever it takes to stick in the league.
He had some real flaws as a safety.. but he made some hellacious plays as well.

Wishing him the best.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I want to trust you so much, I really do. Because I like you a lot. But after seeing him boch 2 games against SF damn near single handedly at the end, and constantly be a liability for 85% of his career. I can't get on board with any kind of prioritizing of him.

I believe you 100% that he improved perhaps at the end, but his body of work doesn't justify anything pro-Rapp.
Rapp has sticky hips keeping his best play close to the LOS and like Jalen he is demanded to do a lot. It is hard to look good all the time in the role he plays. Now with all that said dude has infuriated me at times but some of it is him being challenged well outside his comfort and strengths and he did improve in coverage.