NFL Top 100...Which Rams Will Be Top 40? (poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which Rams Are still To Be Revealed in This Years Top 100? (Choose as many as you'd like)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
The annual NFL Network top 100 players countdown for 2018 has revealed 60 names thus-far. In that 100-41 grouping, there are 4 Rams, all recent free-agent signings: Andrew Whitworth (87), Marcus Peters(79), Ndamukong Suh (61), and Aquib Talib (53).

A couple things: First, I realize there is a top 100 thread going here. My point here is to focus on the remaining Top 40. (Please participate in the poll) Also, it is interesting, of the 100-41 players, there is not one home-grown Ram on the list. Players drafted by the Rams we might think had a chance- LaMarcus Joyner, Cooper Kupp, Roger Saffold, Michael Brockers, even players that have recently departed- Ogletree, Quinn and Tru, all, sadly will probably be on the outside looking in. (Shout out to #125, top ranked punter Johnny Hekker! :yay: ) Lastly, I also realize this list can be a popularity contest among players, or an acknowledgment of past accomplishments, or stoutness of jawlines. (Jimmygee!? :cautious: really? screw him)

Also, early in the list, (Week one, I believe) the network dropped a clue that the Rams actually are tied with the Eagles for most players on this years list. Not bad! Certainly a testament to the talent level on both sides of the ball. (For it seems nearly impossible for special teams standouts to make the list. Otherwise add Hekker, Zuerlein, Littleton and Cooper to the Rams riches.)

So the question is this, Which remaining Rams will land in the top 40? Vote for as many listed as you like, or note ones I omitted in your comments. Also, note where you think they will land. Of course Gurley and Donald will land in the top 40, probably top 5. That would give us 6, total. I will get a twitch if Goff is not on the list.
6woNkn.gif

That would give us 7.

I think the network said we land 7 or 8? Anybody catch that?

The Rams are stacked with talent this year. The only important thing is turning that talent to wins. Ultimately the Ring. Super Bowl 53.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also, I think Gurley comes in around #6 and Donald #2.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Wow! Early voting.... and only 2/6 say Goff goes top 40? Including my vote for him?

I say you're all WRONG!

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
I would put money on Goff not making the top 100.

I think most players view the number 1 offense as due to Mcvay and Gurley.

I have Goff cracking the top 20 next year though.

I think this year Gurley makes the top 20 and Donald the top 5, but no other Rams in the top 100 this year besides those already announced.

dang

Legend
So if PHI and LAR will tie for first then it looks like 8 each. MIN already has 5 with Everson Griffin and Adam Thielen to come. My guess is Donald (lock), Gurely (lock), Goff (likely) and......drum roll.....Lamarcus Joyner (hopefully).

tempests

Hall of Fame
Donald and Gurley for sure, top 15.

The history of voting in this thing suggests 8 or 9 QBs will make the final 40, I wouldn't completely rule out Goff either.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Ok. Update. I have to ask. Which one of you guys, voted Donald but NOT Gurley? Gurley is a lock. You realize it means you think Gurley will NOT be voted top 100, right?

:rant:“Who was it, dammit?!”

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I would put money on Goff not making the top 100.

I think most players view the number 1 offense as due to Mcvay and Gurley.

I have Goff cracking the top 20 next year though.

I think this year Gurley makes the top 20 and Donald the top 5, but no other Rams in the top 100 this year besides those already announced.

Sad but true I’m in agreement about Goff gets left off

Of course I personally don’t agree with it one bit but it appears to be shaping up this way

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
...well, part of what gives me confidence Goff WILL be there?
Full disclosure, guys. They showed Goff throwing a pass in the teaser for 40-31, airing tomorrow. No guarantee. But Grabmypole is not making the list, and Goff being left off.

I personally GUARANTEE Goff makes it. I hope top 30 actually. 25-29 range.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing we know is there will be 3 more Rams. In the first show announcing 100-91 they said the Rams and Vikings had the most at 7 each.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
One thing we know is there will be 3 more Rams. In the first show announcing 100-91 they said the Rams and Vikings had the most at 7 each.
OK, so it was 7. I knew one of you guys would catch that. Then it is Goff, then Gurley, then Donald. Book it.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Ok. Update. I have to ask. Which one of you guys, voted Donald but NOT Gurley? Gurley is a lock. You realize it means you think Gurley will NOT be voted top 100, right?

:rant:“Who was it, dammit?!”
Yes, WHO WAS IT! If you come peacefully and quietly no one will get hurt.:wabbit:

dang

Legend
So - was it stated PHI or MIN as having a tie with the LAR for most players?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My prediction:
37- Joyner
28- Goff
7- Gurley
1- Donald

Talk about a homer!! Joyner ???

Even Goff ?? I don’t know what QB’s are on the top 100’s. Goff did make the Pro Bowl though, Joyner didn’t so no way he is top 50!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
...well, part of what gives me confidence Goff WILL be there?
Full disclosure, guys. They showed Goff throwing a pass in the teaser for 40-31, airing tomorrow. No guarantee. But Grabmypole is not making the list, and Goff being left off.

I personally GUARANTEE Goff makes it. I hope top 30 actually. 25-29 range.

Well they gave a tease with Copper Kupp being a top rookie in 50’s.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
So - was it stated PHI or MIN as having a tie with the LAR for most players?
@OldSchool heard it better...must have been Minny.

**By the way, I had a chance to tour the Viking's stadium about a month ago on a business trip. Kind of an unexpected surprise. I have been so busy, I haven't had a chance to post the pics/stories. I will be posting it within the hour.

Although it was the Viqueens stadium, :puke:there were actually some interesting features that made me, as a Rams fan, excited for our own coming stadium:
  • It was build by the same design firm, with noticeable open-air, and sunken field features, foreshadowing Stanadu.
  • The luxury suites, and amenities are amazing- shades of what to expect in LA.
  • The locker room was amazing, (and actually where Tommy Brady shed his tears after the Super Bowl loss! (y)
Minnesota V.JPG

Stay tuned...