NFL suffers 9.7 percent drop in TV ratings for regular season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
stck.gif

reddit.com/r/nflstreams

http://sportsarefree.xyz/nfl/

You have to admit that is a beautiful piece of...........acting.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
2017 total attendance was 17,253,425 and 2016 it was 17,788,671 a drop of 3% or 535, 246. But lets keep in mind the Chargers stadium difference. They dropped 253,510 just from the stadium change so that's almost half the drop. In the end ticket change wasn't a huge deal. But it's hard to track how many people actually went to games, though the NFL doesn't care about that. Because the NFL about a decade or more ago changed how they track attendance. It used to count butts in seats now they just count tickets sold they don't care if people don't show up.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/attendance.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/attendance.htm
I understand what you are saying but the NFL does care about butts in seats in that A - it looks bad on TV and B - if people are buying tickets and then not even bothering to show up, what are the chances they are going to buy the following year? If I bought tickets, and didn't go to the game, I can assure you I wouldn't be buying tickets again the following year. And if attendance continues to decline, the gotta see it allure will as well. Comedy shows routinely give away tickets. Why? Because nothing is worse than an empty house. The NFL thinks they don't need to do this but time will tell. Selling butts in seats doesn't make as much money for the NFL as actually HAVING butts in seats.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So, you watch it on your computer?

I was hoping for , like an app, that I could chromecast.
If your computer has an HDMI port, you can simply plug it into your TV via HDMI cable and select that as your input. I have an old laptop that just sits under my TV for streaming only. The games come in very clear on good quality streams like the reddit one mentioned. There can sometimes be glitches but all in all a great way to watch the games. If you don't have a laptop, you can pick up an old one very cheap. Just make sure it has the HDMI port.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The officiating is the one thing outside of the volume of commercials that pretty much every fan agrees on.

A couple of years a go someone made a point that the NFL had turned itself into an ad delivery system.

Years ago after most kickoffs they never went to commercial, but obviously they have over burdened us through the years and now with streaming & DVR's people are annoyed with commercials. I like the fact, they have tried to reduce them with the split screens, but that aspect will always be an issue.

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If your computer has an HDMI port, you can simply plug it into your TV via HDMI cable and select that as your input. I have an old laptop that just sits under my TV for streaming only. The games come in very clear on good quality streams like the reddit one mentioned. There can sometimes be glitches but all in all a great way to watch the games. If you don't have a laptop, you can pick up an old one very cheap. Just make sure it has the HDMI port.
Perfect... thanks!

Like I said, I've subscribed to The Ticket since '98. But that's for my house.

Up until this year, since the Rams sucked, I spent Sundays at my GFs house... of course, it didn't make sense to get it for her house... so, I missed a lot of Rams games (no biggie) and my son got to watch his team (NE, no less) at my house.

This year, since they were exciting, I decided to look into how I could get it at her house... and discovered the The Ticket app. I just chromecast the Rams games to her set... same thing, really good quality.

But, of course, I still have to pay for The Ticket.

Maybe next year, I'll give this route a go... although my son will be pissed. LOL

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
So, you watch it on your computer?

Yes. I saw every Rams game this season and rarely had any problems with links glitching or freezing. If it's on TV but there's also a stream, I'll watch it on the computer instead.

Watch the NFL crack down on Reddit and other sites like they did on You Tube. They have to squeeze every last dollar out of their customers and yet they still wonder why many fans are turning away from the league.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. I saw every Rams game this season and rarely had any problems with links glitching or freezing. If it's on TV but there's also a stream, I'll watch it on the computer instead.

Watch the NFL crack down on Reddit and other sites like they did on You Tube. They have to squeeze every last dollar out of their customers and yet they still wonder why many fans are turning away from the league.
Yeah, it'd be just my luck... not sign up for The Ticket... do this, then the NFL outlaws it.

:LOL:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yeah, it'd be just my luck... not sign up for The Ticket... do this, then the NFL outlaws it.

:LOL:

Trying to ban these sites from streaming games is like playing whack-a-mole. They just pop up somewhere else.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trying to ban these sites from streaming games is like playing whack-a-mole. They just pop up somewhere else.
If it's eating into their revenue, my money's on them figuring out ways to identify and shut them down.

But, for now... I may just give it a go (if I can remember next year :LOL:)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
If it's eating into their revenue, my money's on them figuring out ways to identify and shut them down.

But, for now... I may just give it a go (if I can remember next year :LOL:)

If it could be done they would have figured it out already. Remember, this is the same league that can't even figure out what a complete pass is. :sneaky:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
None of the servers are hosted in the US and other countries don’t see the NFL as priority number one with respect to cyber crimes.

So, the NFL can continue to lean on the FBI (kinda surprised they haven’t hired a team of hackers to attack sites) and our law enforcement agencies that can’t do much... or...

The NFL could offer live, team-oriented streams for something like $80 per team. That’s $5/game. The pent up demand for legal streaming solutions is immense.

Apple TRIED for years to tell the music industry that and if they hadn’t finally listened to Jobs, the industry as we know it might have failed. As you’ll recall, the industry was so desperate that they were prosecuting teenagers.

The NFL will either get with it or something will happen (think a higher profile Greg Hardy) and then no amount of innovation will save it.

Also, I don’t think the XFL will damage the NFL, but if they get the online right (think much closer to the MLB app than NFL.com), I can see the XFL not only surviving for a few seasons, but forcing the NFL to adapt.

The idea that the NFL STILL doesn’t understand the importance of streaming and the online economy is just...staggering.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Selling butts in seats doesn't make as much money for the NFL as actually HAVING butts in seats.

Concessions and parking. That's a big reason they need fans.

Millions of dollars in revenue is going away with empty seats.

If 15,000 people don't show up at the stadium that is a lot of beer and hot dogs not getting consumed.

And parking, programs and merchandise too.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The NFL could offer live, team-oriented streams for something like $80 per team. That’s $5/game. The pent up demand for legal streaming solutions is immense.

I've been saying for years that the NFL will go to PPV.

It'll start with blackout games I think. Locals will be able to pay to get the game, and I think the NFL will sell that "package" to local stations for good money. Between the PPV, and every bar in an NFL city will pay a higher rate of course, and the extra TV money the greedy fucks will make plenty.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

That'll be the way to go. I pay for music sites and for Netflix. That way those industries at least get some of my money and I don't feel like I'm stealing from anyone. The NFL will have to go that route in order to get me to pay. Sorry guys, I don't have the money to fly out to LA or other cities to see a game.

Sometimes I think Goodell and the rest of his pals live in a bubble and fail to either understand or give a damn what the average fan wants and needs. It's all about the money.

giphy.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sometimes I think Goodell and the rest of his pals live in a bubble and fail to either understand or give a damn what the average fan wants and needs. It's all about the money.

Look at the recent relocation to LA from STL. That's all the farther you need to go to see the greed.

Here is SWFL I've talked to several people about the Chargers, Rams and Raiders moves and average fans don't like how the NFL fucked fans over again like they did with CLE and HOU. I'm willing to bet big coin you wouldn't be able to find many fans that wouldn't say the owners have gotten to greedy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know how you can draw any conclusions from the data when they don't even know how to account for streaming

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sadly, the NFL has ALREADY gone in the opposite direction.

Case in point: they used to offer a LIVE Streaming Pre-season game package for about $30 a year, for which I gladly subscribed. They decided 2 years ago to fold in the Pre-Season games with their GamePass streaming package for around $100, which allowed you to stream re-airs of all the games (not LIVE, of course). All I wanted was to be able to watch a stream of the Rams Preseason games while they aired live -- didn't need or WANT all that other crap, so I canceled my subscription.

Why would the NFL charge you less for the selected bits of what you want to see, when they can charge you out the wazoo and give you a bunch of stuff you DON'T want?!?

They're such scum. In Australia they changed game pass options to only the full season package. Before we could buy just the regular season. So the price went up from$180 to $260. They knew full well that we could watch all the play-off games on fta tv but they just wanted to screw us because they could. The cocks.

So what we did was get a vpn from a country like India or Peru or similar where the price was cheaper. Computer ran at dial up speed. Signed up for game pass for $180. Got rid of the vpn. Computer back to normal speed.

Knowing the nfl that loophole will probably be gone next season. Then they will lose me.