OFFICIAL NFL injuries 2022/23 season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

There is something going on with him genetically, relating to muscle elasticity. That’s too coincidental.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There is something going on with him genetically, relating to muscle elasticity. That’s too coincidental.

Interesting. I would think this is more common with thinner built men that are ripped. I Landscaped most of my life and lifted in the gym in winter months. My high metabolism made it difficult to add muscle. The result was constant tendon injuries. Mostly tendinitis of different areas. I’ve had an unusual amount of tendon problems and even when I practiced Kung Fu and stretched daily, I was never been able to get as loose as friends of mine who ran and biked with.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was willing to take Matthews if we had the #1 pick in that mock :( It is what it is though.
That’s who I wanted them to take back then too. Would have been a great first round.

Robinson wooed Jeff and Les with his athleticism and punishing blocking style in college. He was never a good pass blocker and if you recall Jeff and Les often were willing to overlook brains, maturity and character in favor of elite athleticism. It drove me crazy.

Tano

Legend
That’s who I wanted them to take back then too. Would have been a great first round.

Robinson wooed Jeff and Les with his athleticism and punishing blocking style in college. He was never a good pass blocker and if you recall Jeff and Les often were willing to overlook brains, maturity and character in favor of elite athleticism. It drove me crazy.
And then there was Quick and Austin

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Is it my imagination or do achilles injuries seem to be more common recently?
Any of those tendon and ligament injuries seem more common. There are some funky stretches and exercises you can do to strengthen these areas, but that is less time on other conditioning and exercises one would normally incorporate to increase more commonly used muscles.

YouTube knees over toes as this dude has a bunch of these weird exercises. However, I'm guessing some of these athletes use them, and still get injured.

oldnotdead

Legend
I find it interesting that Jason Verrett is cited as an example. He was drafted as a Charger and back then living in SD I followed the team. When the coaches decided to play him as a boundary CB I was very adamant that it would shorten his career. That was when taller CBs were just beginning to come into vogue. Playing outside as a smaller CB exposes them to playing in a style that exposes them to injury.

It's a matter of simple geometry. A shorter CB must play closer to the WR and must play far more physically in their style of play to be effective. A taller CB has a much larger play radius allowing them to match up without having to play in such a physical manner. A shorter CB is at a bigger physical disadvantage trying to contest a reception.

I made the assertion that Jason would have an injury-plagued career, i.e. a shortened career in terms of actual games played. Verrett's career has borne that out. It's why IMO Cobie Durant will need to be played primarily inside. He's undersized like Verrett and he's runs just as fast (both 4.3).

Cobie is an inch taller than Jason but he tends to be a bit grabby from the tape I've seen. He dropped to the 4th because of being undersized and viewed as somewhat of a project player.

That said the Rams with Ramsey and Rochell paired on the outside offer speed and length for the position. Rotating Durant outside when moving Ramsey around is certainly doable. The Rams have a trio of CBs drafted to allow a DC to play that hybrid style of secondary play that Staley liked to play. His defense gives the QB a zone look but will many times transition into man coverage and vice-versa. It forced QBs to hold it a second longer or risk throwing into coverage he didn't read presnap.

Because Morris plays strictly prevent zone (quarters) that's why he's benched Rochell and praises the raw rookie Kendrick who has made more than one grievous error yet garners high praise from his DC. That more than anything is my issue with Morris. He doesn't play his defense to the level of talent he has not only in player choices, but more importantly not playing to their strengths.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I find it interesting that Jason Verrett is cited as an example. He was drafted as a Charger and back then living in SD I followed the team. When the coaches decided to play him as a boundary CB I was very adamant that it would shorten his career. That was when taller CBs were just beginning to come into vogue. Playing outside as a smaller CB exposes them to playing in a style that exposes them to injury.

It's a matter of simple geometry. A shorter CB must play closer to the WR and must play far more physically in their style of play to be effective. A taller CB has a much larger play radius allowing them to match up without having to play in such a physical manner. A shorter CB is at a bigger physical disadvantage trying to contest a reception.

I made the assertion that Jason would have an injury-plagued career, i.e. a shortened career in terms of actual games played. Verrett's career has borne that out. It's why IMO Cobie Durant will need to be played primarily inside. He's undersized like Verrett and he's runs just as fast (both 4.3).

Cobie is an inch taller than Jason but he tends to be a bit grabby from the tape I've seen. He dropped to the 4th because of being undersized and viewed as somewhat of a project player.

That said the Rams with Ramsey and Rochell paired on the outside offer speed and length for the position. Rotating Durant outside when moving Ramsey around is certainly doable. The Rams have a trio of CBs drafted to allow a DC to play that hybrid style of secondary play that Staley liked to play. His defense gives the QB a zone look but will many times transition into man coverage and vice-versa. It forced QBs to hold it a second longer or risk throwing into coverage he didn't read presnap.

Because Morris plays strictly prevent zone (quarters) that's why he's benched Rochell and praises the raw rookie Kendrick who has made more than one grievous error yet garners high praise from his DC. That more than anything is my issue with Morris. He doesn't play his defense to the level of talent he has not only in player choices, but more importantly not playing to their strengths.
How does this guy manage to make everything about Morris?

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
How does this guy manage to make everything about Morris?
Six degrees of separation. Any player or concept can be linked to Morris within six steps.

Injury - Jason Verrett - Short cornerback - Durant - Kendrick - Morris.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Any of those tendon and ligament injuries seem more common. There are some funky stretches and exercises you can do to strengthen these areas, but that is less time on other conditioning and exercises one would normally incorporate to increase more commonly used muscles.

YouTube knees over toes as this dude has a bunch of these weird exercises. However, I'm guessing some of these athletes use them, and still get injured.
Sports science pushing the human body to its limit. Ways to get more explosive has been at the front of the NFL for several years. It may be bordering on unnatural.

Psycho_X

Legend
The carpet is obviously there to cover the cord so people don't trip on it. An unfortunate circumstance but probable lawsuit incoming for someone.

View: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1582447653107175425?s=20&t=hJbJ8i1hYy88zR8j0-W7_A

Welp...

Aaron Patrick sues NFL, ESPN, Rams, Chargers over ACL tear suffered during game

Mike Florio
Tue, November 15, 2022, 12:13 PM
Last month, linebacker Aaron Patrick suffered a torn ACL as he tried to avoid colliding with an individual on the sidelines of a Monday night game between the Broncos and the Chargers. Patrick has now sued various entities for the harm caused by the injury.

Patrick has sued the NFL, ESPN, the Rams, the Chargers, and other entities, in civil court in Los Angeles.

The lawsuit alleges negligence in the placement of mats covering cords and cables that led to the feed for the league’s replay monitor. Patrick alleges that his foot rolled on one of the mats as he tried not to slam into the NFL’s “green hat” TV liaison.

Patrick’s complaint also contends that ownership of the venue owed a duty of care to those with access to the field, and that ownership allowed an unsafe condition to exist on those premises.

Patrick has sued anyone and everyone connected to the situation. While some may call that excessive, it’s prudent. The only way to get to the truth is to blame everyone who arguably was responsible, and hope that they’ll try to blame each other. Eventually, a jury will decide which of the defendants are to blame.

Obviously, Patrick bears no blame. He was simply doing his job — and trying not to wipe out a worker who was in his path.

Patrick lost half of his salary for the bulk of the season, a consequence of a so-called “split” contract, which limits his compensation if placed on injured reserve. He also allegedly has lost an opportunity to earn player performance bonuses and non-covered medical expenses. He seeks compensation for his pain and suffering.

The obvious response by the league, the Chargers, and the Rams will be that any potential claims are covered by the arbitration clause of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. In a press release announcing the lawsuit, Patrick’s counsel explains that the lawsuit will challenge the CBA, claiming that it does not contain a valid and binding arbitration agreement, that it doesn’t provide sufficient notice of the waiver of state-court access, and that the CBA provides no real basis for recovery for injuries suffered via non-contact injuries.

Patrick also attacks the CBA itself, calling it “unconscionable due to the disparity between the NFL and the players.” (That’s a direct shot at the NFL Players Association, which negotiated the agreement on behalf of the players.)

ESPN and other non-NFL defendants won’t be able to try to push the case to arbitration. Frankly, ESPN would have an interest in supporting Wilson’s effort to keep the case in court. That, however, would not mesh with ESPN’s overall business interests, as it relates to ESPN’s broadcast partnership with the NFL.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Looks like Von Miller will be out a while with a knee injury. No tears from me.

dang

Legend
Looks like Von Miller will be out a while with a knee injury. No tears from me.
I’m actually sorry for Millers (or anybody’s) injury. But it was when not if for Miller. I do hope it humbled him a bit and keep him off social media ad nauseum.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Report: Von Miller dodges ACL tear, out indefinitely with other knee damage

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Von Miller is a great player and he's fun to watch. I am sorry he got injured. I was, however, hoping that he was gonna suck this year because he's old and ditched us -lol.