OFFICIAL NFL injuries 2022/23 season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think it is to make it harder for teams to abuse the IR designation. If there were no limit to how many players a team can bring back, nobody would ever get cut to make roster adjustments, but a lot of players would receive mysterious injuries sending them to IR.
Perhaps have an independent evaluator verify these injuries. Further punishing a team that already is being punished for the injuries they are sustaining seems incredibly silly. Outside of a few teams (I'm looking at you Bears) the healthiest teams this year are reflecting that with their win - loss records. It correlates.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought that was the case but really did not (and do not) know for sure.

However, I trust you much more than Bret Stuter of Ramblin' Fan (Ugh!) ... the above author who stated:
'Specifically, NFL teams are capped this year at restoring just eight players to the active roster from the reserve lists.'
I meant to link a tweet that of course I cannot find. Here’s one from Jourdan, no if teturn talk though.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1584634752761352192

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Projection and assumption? We don't know the new GM or new owners and how they will proceed. It's possible they could still try to trade Chubb. But this injury at first glance makes you question whether they'll trade a good defensive player or not. They'd also likely get a 3rd round comp for him next year if they don't trade him making anything less than a 3rd next year unlikely to get the trade done.
Agree on the price being at least a 3rd, but am comfortable with the premise.
That trade was an absolute disaster and they need to load up on picks.
I think they’re open for business.

Psycho_X

Legend
I meant to link a tweet that of course I cannot find. Here’s one from Jourdan, no if teturn talk though.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1584634752761352192

Yeah, I'm not sure. There was a tweet in that article that got hacked when I copy and pasted it over that I'll put below. It seems to indicate that NFI counts towards 8.

1666646777453.png

View: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1529601475416145920?s=20&t=8y32oFA7asv4ThfVm3l-VA

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think it is to make it harder for teams to abuse the IR designation. If there were no limit to how many players a team can bring back, nobody would ever get cut to make roster adjustments, but a lot of players would receive mysterious injuries sending them to IR.

Yeah I guess from a standpoint of cheating the system it makes sense. It really sucks for a multitude of legitimate injuries though.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well they won't be brining all 8 back this season. Bruss and Ancrum are gone for the season.
If NFI counts than the below 7 in red have or will likely all be brought back so only leaves one slot remaining. So pray to the injury gods we got all of the bad injuries out of the way rest of season.

Name Posn Status ETA
Brycen Hopkins TE SUSP Week 6 versus Carolina Panthers
Bobby Brown III DL SUSP Week 8 versus San Francisco 49ers

Quentin Lake DB PUP Knee injury, no ETA
Travin Howard ILB NFI Groin injury, Surgery, no ETA

Daniel Hardy OLB IR Ankle sprain, eligible to return, no ETA
Jordan Fuller DB IR Hamstring ETA Week 9 vs Bucs
Van Jefferson WR IR Knee ETA Week 8 vs San Fran 49ers
Troy Hill DB IR Groin, ETA Week 8 vs San Fran 49ers
Coleman Shelton IOL IR Ankle sprain ETA Week 11 vs NO Saints
Kyren Williams RB IR Ankle sprain ETA Week 8 vs 49ers

Tremayne Anchrum OL IR Broken leg, out indefinitely
Logan Bruss OL IR ACL injury, out indefinitely

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
If NFI counts than the below 7 in red have or will likely all be brought back so only leaves one slot remaining. So pray to the injury gods we got all of the bad injuries out of the way rest of season.

Name Posn Status ETA
Brycen Hopkins TE SUSP Week 6 versus Carolina Panthers
Bobby Brown III DL SUSP Week 8 versus San Francisco 49ers

Quentin Lake DB PUP Knee injury, no ETA
Travin Howard ILB NFI Groin injury, Surgery, no ETA

Daniel Hardy OLB IR Ankle sprain, eligible to return, no ETA
Jordan Fuller DB IR Hamstring ETA Week 9 vs Bucs
Van Jefferson WR IR Knee ETA Week 8 vs San Fran 49ers
Troy Hill DB IR Groin, ETA Week 8 vs San Fran 49ers
Coleman Shelton IOL IR Ankle sprain ETA Week 11 vs NO Saints
Kyren Williams RB IR Ankle sprain ETA Week 8 vs 49ers

Tremayne Anchrum OL IR Broken leg, out indefinitely
Logan Bruss OL IR ACL injury, out indefinitely
If they get a RB or Edge, they might just wait and see if they need Williams or Hardy.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
WR Deebo Samuel - Hamstring, day to day. The 49ers need to be careful. Nagging hamstring injuries cause prolonged absence from the competition and have a high recurrence rate--returning to competition prematurely-- can result in a chronic strain and, thus, prolonged return to play.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
WR Deebo Samuel - Hamstring, day to day. The 49ers need to be careful. Nagging hamstring injuries cause prolonged absence from the competition and have a high recurrence rate--returning to competition prematurely-- can result in a chronic strain and, thus, prolonged return to play.
Maybe he can come out on the first play and re-injure it.
I know injuries are not polite conversation - but we are talking 9r's here.... :laugh4:

Psycho_X

Legend

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Interesting, if they decide to activate Lake (assuming Williams is a no brainer activate from all the talk about him) that'll leave 3 players they can bring back form IR with Shelton, Fuller, and Hardy all coming back at some point.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1585353670069465089?s=20&t=PR8VD10wxzjXAuRRKhRCdg

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1585353816311930880?s=20&t=PR8VD10wxzjXAuRRKhRCdg

Lake was on the PUP not IR. Pretty sure the IR rules only apply to IR (that *sounds* like in getting to be an asshole, but I'm not) but I could be wrong.