OFFICIAL NFL injuries 2021/22 season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don’t have a problem with the Jones pick. It seemed a little forced to me but I saw the need.

Atwell seemed like they desire to fill that speed role was the driving force. Like wanting a tight end and taking a very raw Gerald Everett. The better speed threats went off the board. So at that point was Tutu really the BPA at position of need?
I understand that point, but I would argue that we can see the impact DJax has on the offense. Well, we may need someone else to step in to thst role at times and he can do that, especially as he continues to develop in practice. Plus he gives them a HR threat as a returner.

Not sure who else was available that would step in and play a big role this yr. Now there were likely better long-term prospects available, but seems they were checking off what they need now with that first pick.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Why is anyone giving Earnest Jones a hard time?

When he was in during preseason, his MIKE speaker cut out and so Jones just called the D by himself... and he did really well. The coaches were pretty shocked.

The kid has excellent instincts and the right kind of work ethic.

I think it won't be long before we're embracing Jones like we're embracing SJD now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I understand that point, but I would argue that we can see the impact DJax has on the offense. Well, we may need someone else to step in to thst role at times and he can do that, especially as he continues to develop in practice. Plus he gives them a HR threat as a returner.

Not sure who else was available that would step in and play a big role this yr. Now there were likely better long-term prospects available, but seems they were checking off what they need now with that first pick.
We dont know that he can do that, or if he can even do it better than what the Rams already had on the roster.

And you said it. Need. I’m not for pushing need over value. I think Tutu was drafted too early. I don’t care that some other teams supposedly were prepared to draft him if the Rams didn’t. Also his size is very concerning.

I could be wrong but for a second round pick I think early production is equated to being a successful pick. Round 2 is not the place to take projects or risky players. I think they wanted Moore or Eskridge and took the consolation just to make sure they filled a role and were concerned he wouldn’t be there later. I don’t believe they really felt Atwell met with where they picked him. So it was a reactionary pick. I love how I’m so many other instances the Rams dictate how things play out and how teams have to react to what they do. Getting Ramsey, picking AD, trading for Stafford, hiring McVay. Picking Tutu in round two does not have the same feel.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I was as surprised as most with the pick, especially since we had already acquired DeSean as a free agent, although I wasn't going to criticize him being targeted. TuTu has 3 functions for 2021, ... 1) punt returner, 2) learn everything he can from DJ as he'll become a free agent again following this season, and 3) back-up DJ in case he goes down with an injury.
During the pre-season games, TuTu Atwell caught just about everything thrown near him, the only thing not on display was the really deep throws like the one DJ caught against the Bucs. Next year, if Atwell can take the top off & get behind defenses like DJ, then his investment will be well worth his draft pick. I hope to get a better glimpse of his abilities in a couple less important games where we already have a significant lead, and where Stafford can get him a few shots down field. jmo.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
We dont know that he can do that, or if he can even do it better than what the Rams already had on the roster.

And you said it. Need. I’m not for pushing need over value. I think Tutu was drafted too early. I don’t care that some other teams supposedly were prepared to draft him if the Rams didn’t. Also his size is very concerning.

I could be wrong but for a second round pick I think early production is equated to being a successful pick. Round 2 is not the place to take projects or risky players. I think they wanted Moore or Eskridge and took the consolation just to make sure they filled a role and were concerned he wouldn’t be there later. I don’t believe they really felt Atwell met with where they picked him. So it was a reactionary pick. I love how I’m so many other instances the Rams dictate how things play out and how teams have to react to what they do. Getting Ramsey, picking AD, trading for Stafford, hiring McVay. Picking Tutu in round two does not have the same feel.

To you.

When I see what DJax brings, I think McVay isn't so concerned with Tutu being a complete receiver as he starts to spell DJax, be that this year or next. I think he had a vision for someone who can with a subtle juke, just FLY past the safeties and if ANYONE can teach that sneaky disruption, it's DJax.

I saw Tutu as one of those Chess vs Checkers moves because while a high pick, he's a choice whose value isn't just in what he does, but in what he frees up. If DJax or later Tutu take a safety deep with them, then all of that underneath space is wide open and NO ONE is better at challenging the middle of the field deep than McVay with Stafford.

We'll never know who they actually wanted and it's immaterial because sometimes the "fall back" guy is better and sometimes the exciting pick isn't all that great.

If Tutu can learn and become the next DJax, this offense is gonna be scary for a long, long time.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
To you.

When I see what DJax brings, I think McVay isn't so concerned with Tutu being a complete receiver as he starts to spell DJax, be that this year or next. I think he had a vision for someone who can with a subtle juke, just FLY past the safeties and if ANYONE can teach that sneaky disruption, it's DJax.

I saw Tutu as one of those Chess vs Checkers moves because while a high pick, he's a choice whose value isn't just in what he does, but in what he frees up. If DJax or later Tutu take a safety deep with them, then all of that underneath space is wide open and NO ONE is better at challenging the middle of the field deep than McVay with Stafford.

We'll never know who they actually wanted and it's immaterial because sometimes the "fall back" guy is better and sometimes the exciting pick isn't all that great.

If Tutu can learn and become the next DJax, this offense is gonna be scary for a long, long time.
Exactly. We don’t know if he can do it. You either think he can or hope he can. I hope he can but don’t think he can. It’s also a matter of how consistently he can do it. Will he be able to be a more productive player than Van Jefferson? Because it’s likely that when Atwell is on the field another receiver isn’t.

But this is the one thing that I look for from an early pick. A flash of potential at the NFL level. Even if he doesn’t start. So far I haven’t seen Tutu display that DJ speed in a real game. That one move and go speed. I’m not looking to see if he is thrown to or not. I’m watching him to see if he can go streaking free down the field to stretch the defense. So far I haven’t seen that happen. That’s what he’s drafted to do. Shouldn’t we have seen a flash of that ability early?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Exactly. We don’t know if he can do it. You either think he can or hope he can. I hope he can but don’t think he can. It’s also a matter of how consistently he can do it. Will he be able to be a more productive player than Van Jefferson? Because it’s likely that when Atwell is on the field another receiver isn’t.

But this is the one thing that I look for from an early pick. A flash of potential at the NFL level. Even if he doesn’t start. So far I haven’t seen Tutu display that DJ speed in a real game. That one move and go speed. I’m not looking to see if he is thrown to or not. I’m watching him to see if he can go streaking free down the field to stretch the defense. So far I haven’t seen that happen. That’s what he’s drafted to do. Shouldn’t we have seen a flash of that ability early?
You didn't see it in a few of his returns in preseason?

Perkins didn't have the arm or the time to see it in the passing game in preseason, but you saw him catch everything thrown to him. And his college tape showed his deep speed and natural hands with over the shoulder catches, naturally plucking the ball on those receptions.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

All I can say is that I've seen it and I'm pretty sure the Rams FO/coaching staff have also.

Will we see it manifest as many of us would like?... to be basically like DJax?

I dunno. I hope so.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams designate Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Tremayne Anchrum for return from IR​

Posted by Myles Simmons on September 29, 2021
1632962831920.png

The undefeated Rams could gain some depth on their offensive and defensive fronts soon. Los Angeles announced on Wednesday that outside linebacker Ogbonnia Okoronkwo and offensive tackle Tremayne Anchrum have been designated for return from injured reserve. That begins their 21-day window to be activated to the 53-man roster or stay on IR for the rest of the season.

Okoronkwo suffered a shoulder injury in August and was placed on IR to start the regular season. He has appeared in 20 games over his first two seasons out of Oklahoma, recording 2.5 career sacks and seven QB hits.

The Rams selected Anchrum in the seventh round of last year’s draft and he played 12 games for L.A. in 2020, mainly on special teams. He suffered a knee injury in the Rams’ preseason final

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

View attachment 48452

The undefeated Rams could gain some depth on their offensive and defensive fronts soon. Los Angeles announced on Wednesday that outside linebacker Ogbonnia Okoronkwo and offensive tackle Tremayne Anchrum have been designated for return from injured reserve. That begins their 21-day window to be activated to the 53-man roster or stay on IR for the rest of the season.

Okoronkwo suffered a shoulder injury in August and was placed on IR to start the regular season. He has appeared in 20 games over his first two seasons out of Oklahoma, recording 2.5 career sacks and seven QB hits.

The Rams selected Anchrum in the seventh round of last year’s draft and he played 12 games for L.A. in 2020, mainly on special teams. He suffered a knee injury in the Rams’ preseason final
Hold up. Troy Reeder has more career sacks than Okoronkwo? Damn.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

View attachment 48452

Ooh wow I forgot about the 21 day window

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hold up. Troy Reeder has more career sacks than Okoronkwo? Damn.
Been saying for many months that Troy Reeder can be a fill-in OLB'er if needed. That's the position he played in college. We all know he plays going forward so much better than in reverse. He does have some decent pass rush abilities.

He is now only a part-timer in this soft sillyputty Ram defense & can be utilized elsewhere if needed.
1633016246740.png