NFC Playoff Picture - After week 11

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me, the Rams are going to make the playoffs, that’s not the issue, for me.
I think they need to worry less about the individual games and much more on their identity in all 3 phases.

Because their current identity is a bad match for several teams they’re likely to face in playoffs.
Precisely. They have to get balanced on offense to be ready to survive the playoffs. During which they're gonna start as a wildcard on the road which sucks serious ass.

I mean they are capable of running the table and winning the division and a top seed. But is it likely? Not really. So being the top wildcard is more likely and from there they can play their typical role of being the most undesired matchup from the lower seeds.

Which, btw, McVay is very good at. He seems to be better at being the underdog than when he's got the team who is on top. That might also be the players in the locker room too of course but all this might actually work in our favor if they can go into the playoffs with their identity aligned and all that.

Re: defense it's simply going to have to get better and be capable of preventing opponents from sustaining drives all day long. If not then we'll be knocked out in that wildcard round or at the latest the divisional round for sure.

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
Looking at the schedules ahead, I see the Cards finishing 14-3, Rams 10-7 or 11-6 considering how they are playing now. If Beckham and Miller help and the Rams' gametime coaching improves, maybe another win, but @GB, @Az & @Balt look tough to me, with JAX and SEA probably wins and @Min and SF as maybes.

SF has a more favorable remaining schedule IMO and can easily get to 10-11 wins themselves. My guess is they replace the Vikes in the final 7.

Assuming the Rams do fine, playing in Dallas would be hugely preferable to in Green Bay in December.

Hoping for improvement but trying to be realistic.

BC

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I think we get 4 more wins. Maybe the road trip to Minny and Baltimore will help the team come together and make that push towards the playoffs. If we can win our last 3 or 4 and head into the postseason with some momentum... that would be incredible.

TexasRam

Legend
Putting aside the fact that's only 16 games, you really think we only have two wins left on the schedule?

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF
Yea forgot the 17 game thing. 10-7 is my prediction assuming nothing changes.

The 4 games on the road are tough match-ups vs good teams.

Even assuming we beat Minnesota, we still have to deal with the Niners.

That doesn't mean the sky is falling. It's a very sober prediction of games we probably won't be favored in.

However, the right tweak here or there could change the trajectory. It happens every year. Look at the Chiefs defense. #2 in the last 4 weeks (I believe).

Injuries change things as well. What's the saying? "The only thing that is constant is change"?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
All of the teams left on our schedule have had games where they looked terrible.

We could easily go 5-2 if the coaches don’t screw things up. The players are good enough to get it done.

The addition of a healthy Miller will change this defense into the terror everyone expected with that trade.

Still not sure about OBJ but with Woods down we are better with him than without.

McVay is the wildcard here. He has to step up.

Rams77

Starter
It McVay has the balls to run the ball more than 20 times a game and Stafford stops throwing to the other team we have a chance to win more than we lose down the stretch -if not then the only sure win i see is against the Jags and maybe struggling Seattle

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Seems like there was a big run on rose colored glasses during the bye week...I hope they work..
Seemed more like an avalanche of negativity to me.

I don't think anyone disagrees that McVay and Morris need to change their approach to turn things around. Starting now.

We'll see if the Rams can get their mojo back against Green Bay.

As they say here in Hawaii: If can do, can do. If no can do, no can do.

Last edited:

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
As much as I will be watching as a Rams fan I will be watching out of curiosity. How will McVay and Stafford perform these last few games?

The defense isn't the issue here. They are playing to the best of their abilities considering the talent level. They are ranked #11. I am not sure what people expect out of them. Is it the offense that is massively underperforming.

A 1st round matchup @TB is likely. Not a terrible matchup.

GB should take the #1 seed which means we would likely face them in the 2nd Round in Lambeau. They are pretty banged up right now so anything could happen.

Last edited:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
As much as I will be watching as a Rams fan I will be watching out of curiosity. How will McVay and Stafford perform these last few games?

The defense isn't the issue here. They are playing to the best of their abilities considering the talent level. They are ranked #11. I am not sure what people expect out of them. Is it the offense that is massively underperforming.

A 1st round matchup @TB is likely. Not a terrible matchup.

GB should take the #1 seed which means we would likely face them in the 2nd Round in Lambeau. They are pretty banged up right now so anything could happen.
It's the performance on 3rd down. We give up too many first downs. I think we're ranked 25th in that stat

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
7-3 and the sky is falling?

I agree with you. The sky is not falling.
However, we've had 2 blowout LOSSES 2 weeks in a row!!! And go to the frozen tundra this Sunday.
And the defense is having a terrible time stopping the run. And the red hot 69ers are only 2 games behind us. Yuck!

Things aren't exactly looking peachy.

Brian

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I just have to say it. If they can't consistently win against the tough teams on the schedule, there is no point in making the playoffs.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I just have to say it. If they can't consistently win against the tough teams on the schedule, there is no point in making the playoffs.
Well... There is that...